The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Evo 8 turbo flange to DSM turbo flange

Showing results 1 to 7 of 7

Evo 8 turbo flange to DSM turbo flange

I want to know if anyone has interest in using an evo 8 manifold for correct placement of the turbo but still using a dsm turbo to clear the starter.. I am getting with a guy that makes the flanges and creating one that will work for the app.. Its going to cost and ill have to pay the price for R&D but if it works like i think it will we should get a lot more room to play with for the downpipe.
    4g64DeT 1st evo ecu powered automatic (5 speed now baby)
    BIG 16G Boosted|custom dp|megan racing catback|Deleted Cat|stock dsm manifold|450cc Blues|190lph walbro|evo fuel rail + fpr|greddy type rs bov|evo uicp|Gen FMIC|Custom LICP|Evo cf hood|cf trunk|cyber body kit|motegi dp6 gunmetal 18"|AGXs|Tein S techs|14 psi |5 yrs boosted

they already have them
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/DSM-Mitsubis...#ht_500wt_1180

And there are evo8-t3 adapter flanges on ebay also

http://www.ebay.com/itm/DSM-EVO-8-tu...#ht_500wt_1180
    Brandon - 2001 Galant GST 5speed
    Wiseco // Eagle // PTE // Holset // Turbonetics // Supertech // Blox // Prosport // Vibrant // Innovate // OpenEcu // Mishimoto // Magnaflow // Walbro // XXR // Rotora // Brembo // Hawk // R1 Concepts // Dc Sports

not the same

Those flanges are the reverse of what I want. They allow you bolt an evo 8 turbo to a an 1g 2g manifold. I want to use the evo 8 manifold with a dsm turbo to clear the starter.. but the flange will look similar.
    BIG 16G Boosted|custom dp|megan racing catback|Deleted Cat|stock dsm manifold|450cc Blues|190lph walbro|evo fuel rail + fpr|greddy type rs bov|evo uicp|Gen FMIC|Custom LICP|Evo cf hood|cf trunk|cyber body kit|motegi dp6 gunmetal 18"|AGXs|Tein S techs|14 psi |5 yrs boosted

that flange seems weird. the dsm pattern is threaded and the evo pattern is not and is countersunk on the back side.

wouldn't that suggest that you bolt the flange to the evo maifold using the countersunk holes so the back surface is flat and then bolt a dsm flange turbo up using the threaded holes?
    Wiseco // Eagle // PTE // Holset // Turbonetics // Supertech // Blox // Prosport // Vibrant // Innovate // OpenEcu // Mishimoto // Magnaflow // Walbro // XXR // Rotora // Brembo // Hawk // R1 Concepts // Dc Sports

on the flange you listed the dsm turbo holes are threaded so that you can bolt the flange to a dsm manifold. The flange gets bolted to an evo 8 turbo which is why the evo holes are coutersunk. That way everything sits flush against the dsm manifold when you bolt the flange to the evo 8 turbo beforehand..

What i want is counter sunk dsm holes and threaded evo 8 holes to bolt to the evo 8 manifold and use the dsm turbo..

I have that flange is anyone wants to experiment? I just used it for a few miles on my old 2g.
    Evo 8 Head, BC 288/288 BC Springs & Retainers, Weisco Pistons and Eagle Rods 2.4 (Comperssion 9.5:1) ARP Headstuds and Mainstuds, Cosmetic Headgasket, New Clevite Bearings all around, Evo 8 Oil Pump, English Racing water pump, Gates Racing Timing belt, Findanza Adjustable cams, 2 255 walboro pumps, RC 1000s, AEM Rail, and 5 Speed swapped, powered by a 6262 T3 w/ .82 A/R.. WILL MY TRANNY HOLD THIS? Lets wait and see :)

Oh I see I forgot the dsmanifold is not threaded