The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: sds kit

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 31

sds kit

so i bought a sds kit and i was wondering if u guys have any opinions on the install/sds kit its self.from what i see not many people mess with these but i figured i would give it a try lol! any input is good.fyi yes i searched but rather get some real time answers
    STAY READY AND YOU WONT HAVE TO GET READY!!

i think there was only 1 member on here with a v6 SDS kit. There were a dozen or so on club3g so they might give ou better answers there

You are here entirely tooo much!! IVORY_G's Avatar
    WarmandSCSI was the only one I can remember, search his build if its still on the boards. He's no longer an active member here anymore though.
    Lecooiya was supercharged too but he had a 4G64.
    JDM Zenki Conversion

Lazy hands make for poverty, but diligent hands bring wealth. (Proverbs 10:4 NIV)

What questions are you interested in? There is an experience
    Turbo - it is a snail, but the bitch is very fast.

pretty much just looking for any input on the sds kit or peoples experience with them or the best way to do this or that etc... i have searched here but theres really no info i have also searched club3g which gave me some info but very little and gt had nothing.its crazy that there isent more info on this!

Experienced TGC Member
    There isn't much info on the SDS stuff outside of Club3g, mainly because the Galant community for the V6 platform is rather "cheap" for doing things. Club3g will have everything you could possibly need regarding the install and stuff for an SDS kit though, you will likely just have to take the time to sit and dig and read a lot of stuff.

3G Eclipse Performance & Development - Denver, Colorado
    www.blackheartmotors.net

thanks! and i would of thought more galant people would have done this! but i have been doing some research and it looks like the tuning will be the hardest part

Experienced TGC Member
    Not many people with the V6 are spending the money to build their cars. At this point we might see maybe 2-3 more people doing any type of forced induction on their V6 8th Gen.

Tuning will be a piece of cake, either the Eclipse M/T ECU and Big Maps patch, or get in touch with Isaurio to see what they are selling the Galant PCM Big Maps patch for.

www.blackheartmotors.net

Quote Originally Posted by SPD_FRK View Post
    Not many people with the V6 are spending the money to build their cars. At this point we might see maybe 2-3 more people doing any type of forced induction on their V6 8th Gen.

Tuning will be a piece of cake, either the Eclipse M/T ECU and Big Maps patch, or get in touch with Isaurio to see what they are selling the Galant PCM Big Maps patch for.
    so between u and isaurio i should be able to tune it,if im correct? the kit came with 2 different fuel setups so i have to figure out which one to go with! from what i have read,it depends on the tuning/tuner or something here is a pic

on left is 6 310cc and the other setup has 2 secondary 650cc i think
    Last edited by galant1983; 02-12-2012 at 06:00 PM

Experienced TGC Member
    Anybody who actually knows how to do EcuFlash tuning will be able to tune your setup with either Big Maps setup.

As for the fuel setup, as I stated on Facebook...do not use the hack solution of the two additional injectors in the elbow. The 310s will be ok for about 250hp, above that and you will need larger injectors.

If you haven't, swap in a set of the 6g74 or 3000 GT fuel rails so you have the additional fuel volume in the rail, as well as less restricted fuel flow at the rail.

www.blackheartmotors.net

i do have 3000gt rails! and will the 310's only handle 250hp which i guess is a good start since i dont wanna push it to hard

You are here entirely tooo much!! fatal1's Avatar
    they should be good for a little more then that, but with your stock motor i really wouldnt push it too hard. stay around 6-7 psi and you will be ok for the time being until you build a motor.

so at the moment im stuck!!! i was planning on reselling the sds kit but i think i might try to make it work and if i blow it up i guess it will be time for a 3.5 swap lol. ive been searching for a 00-05 eclipse gt ecu and bhm harness.i have fuel lab fpr,VR4 360cc Injectors,ss lines and an fittings all on order!
    now here is another issue im not sure what setup to use blow threw or that other setup(cant think of the name) do i run a fmic?

Experienced TGC Member Rach3T8G's Avatar
    Take a look at some of the sds setups on C3G & as for the fmic, I think it depends on how much psi you run before you really need one but I'm not too sure on that.

Sent from my rooted 3VO using Tapatalk.
    - Chris -
    2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 5MT: My DD
    2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 5MT

Experienced TGC Member johnygezony's Avatar
    are you auto?

na im 5spd

Quote Originally Posted by galant1983 View Post
    so at the moment im stuck!!! i was planning on reselling the sds kit but i think i might try to make it work and if i blow it up i guess it will be time for a 3.5 swap lol. ive been searching for a 00-05 eclipse gt ecu and bhm harness.i have fuel lab fpr,VR4 360cc Injectors,ss lines and an fittings all on order!
    now here is another issue im not sure what setup to use blow threw or that other setup(cant think of the name) do i run a fmic?
    Do you have the resistor packa nd injector clips for those vr4 injectors?

Quote Originally Posted by qnz View Post
    i think there was only 1 member on here with a v6 SDS kit. There were a dozen or so on club3g so they might give ou better answers there
    Quote Originally Posted by IVORY_G View Post
    WarmandSCSI was the only one I can remember, search his build if its still on the boards. He's no longer an active member here anymore though.
    Lecooiya was supercharged too but he had a 4G64.
    you guys are forgetting about VEGASMATT (WARM was actually one of the last few to do the V6 SDS). VEGASMATT was one of the original testor prototype guys w/ the RIPP SDS V6 before he eventually did the EVO8 swap (there was even a magazine article written about his car and the SDS motor). VEGASMATT was an early adopter who started with nitrous then had the SDS up to stage III w/ meth injection (did every stage as soon as RIPP produced it) and went through at least 2 engines in the process of getting the SDS to work with our cars... remember the original SDS had a "black box" type piggy back computer(s) that only "kinda" worked. if you can get a hold of VEGASMATT he would be able to tell you all about the SDS and what to do and what to avoid in it's install and setup. btw, LEICOOLYA was xtech V6 turbo (like DRYBEAR). not i4 SDS. GALANTT3 was i4 SDS (actually he was the first i4 SDS 8G and was featured on RIPP's site).

Quote Originally Posted by SPD_FRK View Post

yeah, the USDM 8G platform is a decade old and many of the guys that can afford to do alot have moved on to bigger and better things or have lost interest in tuning. now that we have so many more options and aftermarket support (that we begged for) than in the early years, the market is not as big as it once was for this platform. the US 8G doesn't seem to have the massive "cult" following that other mitsu models (eclipses especially) have garnered. the 8G does however, have a bunch of potential but at the same time, the USDM 8G was never meant to b a performance car (the USDM design was greatly dulled down from the international versions), so simply buying a sportier car to start as the base for a tuner is much easier (and more appealing of a proposition) than having to overcome the 8G's performance shortcomings; that's why the notably fast ones that have been done by owners over the years are that much more special and rare.
    Last edited by Reelax; 04-06-2012 at 05:24 PM

Quote Originally Posted by mrg7243 View Post
    Do you have the resistor packa nd injector clips for those vr4 injectors?
    i do not have resister packs! i didnt know i needed it and it comes with the injector clips

Quote Originally Posted by Isaurio View Post
    I have a question for the eclipse ecu and the big map.

How can they use a SD system? I mean the whole thing about the SD is to run without maf and run on MAP and the timing map and fuel map. Like always on open loop type of thing.

Real question is the ecu needs to be setup for sd, meaning disabling the maf?

I dont know if im making any senses.
    so if i run this i shouldnt use the maf setup or am i misunderstanding what ur saying ? also i was told i should think about using a maft

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast