The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 2010 lowering springs

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 21

2010 lowering springs

I sold my wife's 99 to my friend and bought a 2010 for her. I'm assuming the lowering springs for the other year 9g's will fit but just wanna make sure. I'm also wondering where to get the eye lids for the headlights. Thanks.

eyelids can be purchased from autokits.com painted for $115

Quote Originally Posted by vr4gto View Post
    I sold my wife's 99 to my friend and bought a 2010.

Failed!! Lol!

I don't see why not, they didn't change much. Enjoy the new ride man.

Thanks guys. I see most recommend the Works springs but I don't see them listed on their website. Also how are the Megans?

It's funny how now that I sold the 99 how bad I want it back now that I hear my friend go on about what his plans for it are. I just had too many projects and the wife's car needed to be drivable most often. My 3000gt vr4, eclipse and my motorcycle take up my time. I still want her car to look good though. It's pearl white like my vr4. I figure lower it, rims, window visors, mud guards, foglights, and a lip spoiler for the trunk lid is all I'm doing to it. The 99 would've gotten out of hand if she let me.

Works stopped producing their lowering springs. Megans are ok except that their orange coating peels off exposing springsto rust

So I take it Megan doesn't powder coat their springs? Probably just paint. Does using them require any camber adjustment?

Quote Originally Posted by hollywood81 View Post
    eyelids can be purchased from autokits.com painted for $115
    Looks like they're out of business. Website is down.

I got Megan spring. Not worth it. Front barely drop anything. Rear drop too much that it tucks the tire. I cut the front and raise the rear to get decent stance.
    Try eibach for 2006+ eclipse

Mine were pretty good. It had a decent drop. 1.750 inch as claimed. It was specifically for tje galant and not the eclipse. Ride quality is good and no need for camber adjustment

If I can use eclipse springs I'd rather do that since eibach and tein are better companies.

I found the eyelids too. Is this a reputable place?
    http://www.autokitsx.com/imagenes/pr...oduto%206.html

Tein might be a better choice. One guy at club9g had eibachs made for eclipse and he had problems with springs binding . Post pic if u decide to go with tein stechs

the eclipse springs will work, however the spring tension is a lil off and will set the front aprox 1/4" higher then the rear... not really that noticable unless you really stare long enough or measure
    uhhhh...... Whats a 9g???

Quote Originally Posted by krazienluv10 View Post
    the eclipse springs will work, however the spring tension is a lil off and will set the front aprox 1/4" higher then the rear... not really that noticable unless you really stare long enough or measure
    Do they make a stiffer ride, or are they fairly close to stock? I use Teins in my 3000gt and its a little stiffer but I think part of the problem there is I didn't cut down the bump stops.

So who here is using something other than Works and how do you like them? Since it seems they stopped making them.

i have tein htech,

8th and 9th gen galants

Quote Originally Posted by vr4gto View Post
    If I can use eclipse springs I'd rather do that since eibach and tein are better companies.

I found the eyelids too. Is this a reputable place?
    http://www.autokitsx.com/imagenes/pr...oduto%206.html
    i noticed your questions never really were answered, so here's my .02...

autokitsx is definately a reputable company, i highly recommend them

i have the tein s techs on my eclipse, they gave me a 2" drop on all corners... they are also the springs i will put on my wife's 9g if i can talk her into letting me do it.. i'm not familiar with the quality of works springs, but i am familiar with some of their other products, works is a good company... but... i think tein and eibach know suspension the best

The 9g rear strut are slightly taller than 4g eclipse. Might be2 inch drop around for the 4g but it might be 2inch in the front and 3 inch in the rear for the 9g. Just a guess. But do post pictures when u do install the springs.

i did eibach prokit and tuck all four conners. so id stay away from s techs cause the drop is lower
    04 GTS 9G

FoR Sale:
    2004-2006 Fog Lights $50
    shoot me a pm

i did eibach prokit for eclipse on my 9G and got the rear lower than the front...looking for a solution right now. Got 1.5" drop on the back and 1"0 on the front
    "Super clean but it's super mean" Wiz

Want that perfect look. Gotta go coil over. Spring drop is limited to the manufacture. Anything lower will just wear out the struts faster.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast