The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: AWD 8G/magna pictures

Showing results 1 to 9 of 9

AWD 8G/magna pictures

Here are the underbody pictures from an All wheel drive Magna/Diamante ...the Australian version.

I needed to make some comparisons for my 380/9G AWD project which uses the same components.

Just quietly, I am giving myself a pat on the back for making some good decisions/assumptions earlier about placement of components.

Just look at the tailshaft intermediate mounts on the floor pan of the AWD magna/diamnte and the corresponding 380/9g floor pan...its all there....all catered for....they must have planned an AWD 9g model.

The Magna/diamante tailshaft is not straight...LOL...but with 3 CV/universal joints who cares...it works.
    And that is a huge relief for me because the wheel base of the Magna is shorter...so I can center mine and absorb the difference in rear driveshaft spline movement.

I looked all over the forums but couldn't find any evidence of any 8G/Diamante/magna AWD drivettrain photos...so here you go world....

Last edited by redblower; 01-22-2011 at 08:12 PM

this is the same rear suspension/Drivetrain as 2g Eclipse AWD or 8g VR4. IDK if it will fit 9g tho. If you post pics of your 9g rear suspension maybe we can elaborate.
    God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread

you should be looking at 4g eclipse forums and what they say about AWD conversion.

I know that AWD Magna comes with automatic trans only, and it will most likely bolt up to the block, but for the rear end, i dont know.
    God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread

Thank you so much for posting these. It may not help my car any, but it does make me feel better. lol, I'm saving all of these.

Lancer/EvolutionX Rotor Glow Paint
    6g74 Forged Engine w/ hx40 turbo
    Eclipse GT 5 spd swapped

Rotor Glow Galant
    Daily Galant
    OZ Edition Eclipse

Quote Originally Posted by mko View Post
    you should be looking at 4g eclipse forums and what they say about AWD conversion.

I know that AWD Magna comes with automatic trans only, and it will most likely bolt up to the block, but for the rear end, i dont know.
    It's already in the 9g/380.

Font crossmember mods, steering knuckle machining, rear axle just needs brackets to mount the LSD and rear driveshafts a bit of machining splines etc.

about $10k....it's 3/4 finished...and yes the auto and transfer case bolted straight in.

You are here entirely tooo much!! RAZ_76's Avatar
    That looks like it might work fairly easy on an 8G.

Those pictures are just delightful.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

You could just install Endeavor components in a 9g.

howdy mate,

did you make any measurements of each tailshaft section by any chance?

and/or.. any chance of making some?

trying to compare it to a 8G galant vr4 tailshaft and if any fo the bits are compatible.. the part numbers differ but they seem more or less identical so im curious about that.

Regards,
    Trent