The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: **UPDATE** 10/04/03 Parts list for drum to disc conversion

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 27
    Faction

**UPDATE** 10/04/03 Parts list for drum to disc conversion

Here are the links on imagestation to the actual size of the parts list!!!! Sorry for the wait, but i wasn't the one who did the actual swap.

http://www.imagestation.com/album/pictures...l?id=4290362615

IF you don't have an imagestation account, you can't view the pictures

here's a good thread to read about it click and this

Senior TGC Member
    Since I already have disc brakes I wanted to do the 2 piston conversion from the older GTs. Might help with the weak braking. Or I might as well look for a 4 piston system that fits in a 16 inch wheel...good luck to me.
    "Daisy tumbled short of his dreams, not through her own fault, but because of the colossal vitality of his illusion... No amount of fire or freshness can challenge what a man will store up in his ghostly heart. " - F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby

"I have not failed 700 times. I have not failed once. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work." - Thomas Edison

Faction
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ToigerFoighter)</div><div class='quotemain'>Since I already have disc brakes I wanted to do the 2 piston conversion from the older GTs. Might help with the weak braking. Or I might as well look for a 4 piston system that fits in a 16 inch wheel...good luck to me.</div>

yeah it will be good to get the 2000 GT V6 calipers because they are 2 pitson calipers, i bought mine new from the dealer

THe List was to small to read. HOw much did everything come to for the conversion also do you have a bigger List.
    C.J. Cameron
    RETIRED TUNER!!!!

"Keeping it Simple"

Faction
    i dont know how to post pics, but i spent approximately 500 bucks, ill try to get a bigger picture

miragal
    Do you change the rotors too or just the calipers? :?:

Faction
    i changed the rotors to cross drilled

So you did disc to drum conversion for 500 in parts. that's not bad. Please see if you could get a copy of that list
    C.J. Cameron
    RETIRED TUNER!!!!

"Keeping it Simple"

Xska55
    Did you do the conversion yourself,,,how was it, what was the hardest part

Faction
    hardest part was getting my drums off, maybe my ADD got in the way. and i broke my braided lines. its simple

Faction

Faction
    i would like a moderator to please delete this post and/or lock it! THANK YOU!!

akiraflux
    can anybody give me a link to a conversion faq or somethin? i've been searchin everywhere

cdaw2001ES
    no doubt, the pics are way to small to read

I tried zoomin in on them, and all i saw were blurry pixels. Is there anyone else that has the info on this?

What parts?

On this post it really doesn't show the parts u can't see anything in that lil picture u posted. So what parts did u use? And u didn't have to change the axle or anything else? Thanks.
    2002 Galant ES - I4, Viynl Interior by P
    Pioneer AVH-P5700 DVD, RF P4004, RF P8002, 2-Infinity 12" Perfect 12.1DV Subs
    Lightning Audio Digital Capacitor
    Infinity Speakers,GTZ Spoiler, Ractive E-brake, Chrome Door Handles, CF Armrest
    Freedom Design Strut Bar, Cleared Corners
    KUMHO 711 Tires, CF Interior Trim

Faction
    oh man, this post is old and i never made that post. well im going to try and see if imagestation still has the REAL picture for you guys, just really busy to check it out.

Gir
    not to rain on anyone's parade, but please read this article when you consider 500 dollars on a brake upgrade.

http://www.stoptech.com/whitepapers/rear_b...etter120601.htm

cdaw2001ES
    For some - it's simply a visual issue. Sure AEM or whoever makes nifty shiny thinkgs to cover your drums, 4 wheel disc look better

leadfoot
    soory but i can read the parts list what does it include?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast