The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Breaks are squeaking on Galant.

Showing results 1 to 7 of 7

Breaks are squeaking on Galant.

Whenever I lightly tap on the brakes they squeak, but they don't squeak when I press harder. Do i need new break pads? Or are they new? I've heard that they squeak when they're new. Thanks!
    - 2002 Sentra SE-R Spec V (stock)
    - 1999 Mitsubishi Galant V6 (auto)
    "In the past, God overlooked such ignorance, but now He commands all people everywhere to repent. For He has set a day when He will judge the world with justice by the Man [Jesus Christ] whom God appointed. He has given proof of this to all men by raising Him from the dead." Acts 17:30-31.

check how much wear is on them. they might just be glazed, u can put some brake lube on there thatll make it squeak or some brake cleaner.

Lo§'s 99 GTZ

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ChuloMxcn)</div><div class='quotemain'>check how much wear is on them. Â*they might just be glazed, u can put some brake lube on there thatll make it squeak or some brake cleaner.</div>

I don't know how to change breaks or even check them. Yeah I know, flame me :?
    "In the past, God overlooked such ignorance, but now He commands all people everywhere to repent. For He has set a day when He will judge the world with justice by the Man [Jesus Christ] whom God appointed. He has given proof of this to all men by raising Him from the dead." Acts 17:30-31.

is the noise coming from the front, the back? when is it doing it, when they are cold, or after frequent stops? need more info

"If Wal-Mart is lowering prices everyday, how come nothing is free yet"

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(little blue)</div><div class='quotemain'>is the noise coming from the front, the back? when is it doing it, when they are cold, or after frequent stops? need more info</div>

All of the above

lemonnamedsteve
    yea, i'm having the same problem, but i did hit a curb and i've already replaced my break pads, getting ready to replace the rotors with cross drilled and slotted rotors...

But yea, its easy to hange your break pads, you may want to try that firs, weather you do it yourself or take it to midus or peopboys

if the pads are worn and its the wear sensor you hear, it would make noise whenever u press on the brakes. light hard whenever since you'll be hearing the metal to metal contact of the wear sensor and the rotor.

if you can take off the wheel and safely support the car, you can do a quick visual inspection. make sure that the rotor surface is smooth. if not that can mean there is a problem.

check the thickness of the pads. here's a pic between the thickness of a new pads and an old pad.

both the inside and outside pads should be the same thickness.

while you're there you might as well clean the brakes with some brake cleaners. dirty brakes often make noise.

if you are uneasy of any of this stuff or lack the proper tools, you should seek the help of a professional. brakes are a safety issue with cars and if you don't know what you're getting yourself into, you could get hurt.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.