The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Painting Calipers

Showing results 1 to 17 of 17

Painting Calipers

Thinking about painting calipers on my car, which color do you guys think would look the best?

red is classy

9g Baby!

same color as your car.

black to just keep it simple and to keep the attention on your rims
    -Dirty South-

They See Me Rollin They Hating -Riding Dirty-
    Quote Originally Posted by oakrdrs187 View Post
    It dont smell or anything so F it.

clean them or keep them black. red is for brembos. only paint them if you got a bbk.
    02 Galant ES I4 ~ DD. JDM Kit/BBS LM Gold/D2/EvoRecaro/EGR/JL Audio/Eclipse Audio/Greddy/Injen/Project Kics/Brembos
    2010 Lexus IS350c Tungsten Pearl Mica/Volk GTM/H&R Springs/F sport intake/Project Kics/Lems Shift knob
    2010 Lexus IS-F Ultrasonic Blue/Volk TE37/HKS Hipermax IV GT/Ventross Kit/Lexon/JoezPerformance/Tom's/Project Kics/RR-racing tune
    2009 Acura TL w/Tech package A-spec Kit/ BBS LM/Tein

Experienced TGC Member njjfudge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dronesurfboards View Post
    clean them or keep them black. red is for brembos. only paint them if you got a bbk.
    What he said

2001 w/Old Style VR-4 front conversion

You are here entirely tooo much!! IVORY_G's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dronesurfboards View Post
    I agree with the red is for Brembo's only, (which has been severely overdone) but I disagree that you should only paint calipers if you have a BBK. I think it adds a nice touch of style if done tastefully. Makes the wheels pop more some cases and will compliment the rest of the car. Thing is you need to choose one color and use that color only as your "accent color" throughout the car IMO. For instance I painted my calipers Gold, so I plan to use that as my accent color under the hood as well... (i.e. Gold valve cover, strut bar, etc.)
    JDM Zenki Conversion

Lazy hands make for poverty, but diligent hands bring wealth. (Proverbs 10:4 NIV)

Quote Originally Posted by IVORY_G View Post
    I agree with the red is for Brembo's only, (which has been severely overdone) but I disagree that you should only paint calipers if you have a BBK. I think it adds a nice touch of style if done tastefully. Makes the wheels pop more some cases and will compliment the rest of the car. Thing is you need to choose one color and use that color only as your "accent color" throughout the car IMO. For instance I painted my calipers Gold, so I plan to use that as my accent color under the hood as well... (i.e. Gold valve cover, strut bar, etc.)
    yes sir

9g Baby!

not with him rockin 20's. it's gonna show that the brakes on that car are small.
    02 Galant ES I4 ~ DD. JDM Kit/BBS LM Gold/D2/EvoRecaro/EGR/JL Audio/Eclipse Audio/Greddy/Injen/Project Kics/Brembos
    2010 Lexus IS350c Tungsten Pearl Mica/Volk GTM/H&R Springs/F sport intake/Project Kics/Lems Shift knob
    2010 Lexus IS-F Ultrasonic Blue/Volk TE37/HKS Hipermax IV GT/Ventross Kit/Lexon/JoezPerformance/Tom's/Project Kics/RR-racing tune
    2009 Acura TL w/Tech package A-spec Kit/ BBS LM/Tein

I don't know if it will look weird with the 20s, I was thinking about going with black paint. I have seen people do decals on them as well that would say Mitsubishi. I don't know if that's a little to much or if it would look good on there. thanks for the feedback guys.

i think gold would look nice

Stock are high polish silver before they start discoloring.

My silver brembo

If you have just stock calipers, don't paint them in bright color. Black or metallic black is nice.
    Why emphasize the wretchedness of your brake system with of the bright color
    Jeremy Clarkson "Top Gear"
    Galant E15a EXE/4G63/1987/Ethanol Edition

red is nice to me
    Last edited by specter6633; 02-22-2012 at 10:35 PM

Last edited by specter6633; 02-22-2012 at 10:18 PM

^^And red may be okay for your tastes, but what guys tried to explain is not to paint them bright and flashy colors as they are only small stock and boring.

ok they are small lmao