The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: interior swap

Showing results 1 to 9 of 9

interior swap

Well the junk yard drug in a black 06 gts yesterday with black leather interior. My 2010 has cloth seats and they are manually operated. The leather ones are power. I'm picking up tomorrow. Just wondering if the wiring will be there in my car is the same as the power seats? It looks like it is.

Not usually, when I swamped to leather in my 8g there were no wires I had to run them.

I'm finding that out. I ran wire to them off of the battery and I'm getting power but nothing will work. Tapped into the motors directly to bypass the switch and it won't work. It worked fine in the car it came out of.

Got em hooked up. The fuseable link I bought was junk. The seat works great, but now the srs light is on and the light for the passenger seat

Srs connector are the same. May have to recalibrate p/s seat for airbag.
    Will have to run your own wire for power seat and heated seat.

Quote Originally Posted by Gotti View Post
    Srs connector are the same. May have to recalibrate p/s seat for airbag.
    Will have to run your own wire for power seat and heated seat.
    Are srs plugs the red ones? Recallibrate how?

I've got the power seats working. The heated part I connected to power but my car didn't come with a spot on the counsel for the switch. The seat got warm quick. Do they have a set temp or is that controlled by the hvac controls and the switch on the counsel is just an on/off deal?

If you have an srs light, you have to go to the dealer to get it reset. And, if you have an srs light, none of the airbags work at all just fyi

AWD Converted Forward Facing 6466 E85 EVO 8 ECU Powered 2003 Galant

When I saw the light I figured I probably should've unplugged the battery before I started unhooking the air bags. Bringing it to the dealer isn't an option as the nearest is 3 hours away now. Had one here for many years but not anymore.
    Last edited by vr4gto; 02-20-2012 at 07:08 PM

I've got everything hooked up and working but besides the srs light, the passenger seat belt light is on too. I suppose Mitsubishi made it so that has to be reset by them too? Or is that just a possible sensor/wiring issue?