The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: O2 Sensor

Showing results 1 to 7 of 7

Icon4 O2 Sensor

Hey guys. I had a service engine light for a while and it happens when I press the gas with medium to high pressure from a stop since the car like slips/hesitates before it goes. I went to Advanced Auto Parts and will go to other places to check the error code. It was PO138 which is a problem with the oxygen sensor. If that's the case, how expensive/difficult is it to replace it and is it a job I can do or with a couple friends?
    Bought from crzygtz,deeznutz, dominicano, finald8ta, Galantman03, G-Spot, Isaurio, jonk8123, M-Rod, and specter6633

Dont' keep it stock, turn heads on the block

2003 Mitsubishi Galant ES 2.4L 4 cyl "Storm"

Not difficult at all. Make sure you buy a can of penetrating spary like pb blaster to loosen up the O2.

Oh thanks how much will an o2 run me and where exactly is it locTed
    Bought from crzygtz,deeznutz, dominicano, finald8ta, Galantman03, G-Spot, Isaurio, jonk8123, M-Rod, and specter6633

Depends on where you buy them and the type you buy. If you're strapped for cash and know how to solder, then you can go to autozone and get a universal one (ensure that it fits) for $60 or so. If you're not in a hurry, you can buy both of them for $70 total on ebay.

Scott

Thanks I bought 2 Bosch ones from Amazon for 70 and 2 day free shipping is BOSS

Quote Originally Posted by JDyal View Post
    Thanks I bought 2 Bosch ones from Amazon for 70 and 2 day free shipping is BOSS
    Hmm....I hope it works out. Did you check your original sensor to ensure that the connections are the same? I purchased two O2 sensor to replace in my car and when I pulled the connector from the sensor near the header it was totally different.

Scott

I didn't but I looked up the part to this car and these came up. I opened them and they have a few adapters which should work and if not it's just simple splicing