The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: JDyal's Black 03 ES 2.4 Cyl Build

Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
Showing results 21 to 40 of 433
    I have a set at home I can send you

Also my mph and rpm isn't working properly so how can I adjust that? I tried the screws in there and the mph left side doesn't adjust but the right side does
    Bought from crzygtz,deeznutz, dominicano, finald8ta, Galantman03, G-Spot, Isaurio, jonk8123, M-Rod, and specter6633

Dont' keep it stock, turn heads on the block

2003 Mitsubishi Galant ES 2.4L 4 cyl "Storm"

Quote Originally Posted by JDyal View Post
    It's not a particular brand name, but I got it off of ebay months ago no probs at all, my friend who's a mechanic installed it and was surprised how it wasn't cheap. It's a catback exhaust for the 2.4L and it was only 135 SHIPPED
    Thought so... is it loud? ive been eyeing that catback for quite some time but dont want anything thats to loud
    -Dirty South-

They See Me Rollin They Hating -Riding Dirty-
    Quote Originally Posted by oakrdrs187 View Post
    It dont smell or anything so F it.

Also my mph and rpm isn't working properly so how can I adjust that? I tried the screws in there and the mph left side doesn't adjust but the right side does
    I dont think there is adjustment, tou were supposed to carefully mark their place.

^TRUE. But I will tell you what I did. rpm is easy, start the g drive it around, till it warms up. let it idle, and then put the needle back on where it normally idles at. MPH is a whole different story. I swaped my 03 needles to a 99 guage cluster( I didn't like the yellow needles) I took pictures before I removed the needles, where they where at in 5 gear at 3k rpm, and at idle. so thats the easiest way. I don't recommend doing it on a crowded road though (mine was empty)

AWD Converted Forward Facing 6466 E85 EVO 8 ECU Powered 2003 Galant

Quote Originally Posted by Redhaze View Post
    Thought so... is it loud? ive been eyeing that catback for quite some time but dont want anything thats to loud
    No it's not it's the perfect one. It's loud hen you rev but cruising is quiet. It has a silencer if tut want it
    Bought from crzygtz,deeznutz, dominicano, finald8ta, Galantman03, G-Spot, Isaurio, jonk8123, M-Rod, and specter6633

Quote Originally Posted by Galantman03 View Post
    ^TRUE. But I will tell you what I did. rpm is easy, start the g drive it around, till it warms up. let it idle, and then put the needle back on where it normally idles at. MPH is a whole different story. I swaped my 03 needles to a 99 guage cluster( I didn't like the yellow needles) I took pictures before I removed the needles, where they where at in 5 gear at 3k rpm, and at idle. so thats the easiest way. I don't recommend doing it on a crowded road though (mine was empty)
    Ok but the mph is at 0 you can't mark that. There is adjusting screws to adjust how tight or loose it is. My mph right side (60 on) works fine. The needle comes back when not going that speed but the needle gets stuck on 60 less. I would have to knock on it to loosen up that's what the screws are for

I cleared my needles and as you can see to the right the rpm one is broken. I hope crazy glue works and I wanna paint them blue. I also cleared the red spot by the F in the fuel meter. I think it looks a lot better and may try doing it for the red area in the high rpm

I see people have a problem with the fuel needle and they fill up and put the needle on full. Surprising I was gonna do that but the needle fixed itself. Just the mph and rpm needles get stuck in certain places
    Last edited by JDyal; 02-20-2012 at 10:48 PM

Just remember, trust the light, not the needle. Do that and you should never run out of gas. Mine is all out of whack, my full level is right below the F line after shoving another gallon of gas into the tank after the pump clicked full, and my light comes on when the needle marks 1/4.

Thanks but I wasn't complaining about that at all. The fuel needle re-calibrated itself even tho it wasn't in the same spot

So I found these lowering springs and wondering how good the quality is if anybody knows

http://triplerperformance.net/i-293203.aspx

You are here entirely tooo much!! IVORY_G's Avatar
    So I found these lowering springs and wondering how good the quality is if anybody knows

http://triplerperformance.net/i-293203.aspx
    I dont know of anyone who has tried it. Although Ive thought about trying them, but havent had the money to yet. Their coilover suspension has had decent reviews so I would hope that these would be the same...
    JDM Zenki Conversion

Lazy hands make for poverty, but diligent hands bring wealth. (Proverbs 10:4 NIV)

Yeah same

whats the drop on those?
    -Dirty South-

They See Me Rollin They Hating -Riding Dirty-
    Quote Originally Posted by oakrdrs187 View Post
    It dont smell or anything so F it.

I don't know...I just came across these on google, and then I saw one sponsor...forgot which one but they were advertising these.

You are here entirely tooo much!! IVORY_G's Avatar
    JM Auto Racing
    JDM Zenki Conversion

Lazy hands make for poverty, but diligent hands bring wealth. (Proverbs 10:4 NIV)

YES! You is right sir

Most likely same drop all around. So it will probably leave the front higher than the rear.

Ok sirs. I finally put in the jdm tails. I used the USDM harnesses and I'll add the other bulb (Clear turn signal) When I have the chance. I just wanted them on ASAP!!

Now I'm thinking. Should I lightly tint the red part of the lense or should I make it even redder and use red tint spray? Any suggestions because I like it like this but I wanna see what I should do with it.

If you're looking for opinions, mine is to leave them just like that, 3rd gens need no help standing out on a USDM Galant if you ask me. Totally your call though.

#Team3rdGens / #TeamFaceliftTails

-Greg

"I smashed up the grey one, bought me a red;
    Every time we hit the parking lot we turn heads!"
    -Pimp C, "International Players Anthem"

Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast