The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: JDyal's Black 03 ES 2.4 Cyl Build

Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122 LastLast
Showing results 381 to 400 of 433
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue8g View Post
    There's no continuity with the new wheels. The car flowed with the old wheels, now it doesn't.
    IMO for the time being I'm thinking ita only because of the ride height, and missing cladding. I know 3m supposedly has a an adhesion promoter you can get too
    But yeah a clean surface is critical. Also which tape did you get, cause I know they have a molding tape you can get at autozone. It was strong enough to attach some fog lights I got for my old s14 once, in an upright position on the bumper. It held even til the day I decided to remove them (oem later ftw)

Oh ok what was the name of the tape?
    Bought from crzygtz,deeznutz, dominicano, finald8ta, Galantman03, G-Spot, Isaurio, jonk8123, M-Rod, and specter6633

Dont' keep it stock, turn heads on the block

2003 Mitsubishi Galant ES 2.4L 4 cyl "Storm"

Jhun35
    car looks really good man. Keep it up!

Ok I've seen that at advanced autoparts and it does work well so i'll get it
    Bought from crzygtz,deeznutz, dominicano, finald8ta, Galantman03, G-Spot, Isaurio, jonk8123, M-Rod, and specter6633

You are here entirely tooo much!! IVORY_G's Avatar
    Those wheels make the car look soooo much better. Finish your projects & drop it, and then you will have a very clean looking G.
    JDM Zenki Conversion

Lazy hands make for poverty, but diligent hands bring wealth. (Proverbs 10:4 NIV)

Yeah I plan too. I did the cladding that needs to be adjusted and just need to get the front and rear fenders. I'm also working on meshing out the stock grill and retrofitting the fogs. I have fender flares that need to be painted and idk how to put them on properly and I also have an obx header and a v6 tb that needs to go in but I'm waiting to get an Outlander IM. I just got a little license plate relocate kit and still contemplating on where to put it and white gauges that may want to put on since I like my blue lights already in there. In the future I'll drop it, I don't have the finances now tho.
    Last edited by JDyal; 06-02-2012 at 11:07 PM

Forgot to post this up. I did the license plate relocate at the corona bbq

I just need to sand where it was and fill it up, sand again, and repaint it. Since I used screws just to screw it in to the bumper, I'm wondering if I can get a piece of sheet metal and cut it the same size as the plate to give it backing and make holes in the plate and sheet metal in the center on both sides so i can screw it to the bumper like how lancers have it. Don't get me wrong i like this but it looks a little awkward and I ideally would like it on the side. The locator wouldn't fit there evenly and since it only mounts on from the top, it'd block the headlight or foglight. My theory is if the plate is screwed in the middle on the bumper, it may clear both

Looks fine where it is leave it alone!!!!

I'm with Dion, leave it where it is. Looks fine there.

-Chris-

2003 Mitsubishi Galant ES 2.4L SOHC: "Octavia"
    2005 Honda Accord EX-L Coupe 2.4L DOHC

Quote Originally Posted by XxGiRLaNT06xX View Post
    From the looks of the girl, her face isnt that great.. nothing a paper bag couldnt fix... amirite?

Ok I'll leave it then and another question, I have the angel eyes with my retrofit and they don't work even when hooked up to power, so do I need some kind of relay? That's the only thing I can think of.

Did they come with transformers? What brand? And where did u get them from? yea the plate looks good where it is that's where I put mine but I didn't use no fancy bracket like you did, I saw u tinkering with that thing at corona

Should've just left it in the OEM location.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue8g View Post
    Should've just left it in the OEM location.
    This.

<----This guys opinion: looks out of place, like someone broke your plate mount and it just got thrown off to the side as a result.

Whatever tickles your fancy d00d. Heads look pretty good though
    Last edited by oakrdrs187; 07-04-2012 at 12:51 AM

Quote Originally Posted by JDyal View Post

It may work for other cars, but some how it never looked right on the 8g bumpers.

Quote Originally Posted by deeznutz View Post
    Did they come with transformers? What brand? And where did u get them from? yea the plate looks good where it is that's where I put mine but I didn't use no fancy bracket like you did, I saw u tinkering with that thing at corona
    They came with a power supply that you had to plug them into from TRS but when I tested them against the signal wires they didn't work so that's why I think it needs some kind of relay

Quote Originally Posted by oakrdrs187 View Post
    This.

<----This guys opinion: looks out of place, like someone broke your plate mount and it just got thrown off to the side as a result.

Whatever tickles your fancy d00d. Heads look pretty good though
    Yeah I kinda see that and I'm getting mixed reviews as well. My buddy recommended it to me since it looks good on his corolla but that bumper is big as hell where ours isn't, but I may experiment with that. Thanks about the heads, wasn't as hard as I thought and they're beautiful

Quote Originally Posted by G-spot View Post

It may work for other cars, but some how it never looked right on the 8g bumpers.
    Yeah I see what you mean hence why I wanted to test my hypothesis by putting it on the side like where the lancers have it.
    Last edited by JDyal; 07-04-2012 at 12:12 PM

Quote Originally Posted by JDyal View Post
    Ok I'll leave it then and another question, I have the angel eyes with my retrofit and they don't work even when hooked up to power, so do I need some kind of relay? That's the only thing I can think of.
    If they r LED, try reversing the polarity. Sometimes LED's have a positive and negative side and will only work when wired that way, unlike regular bulbs that can be hooked up either way.

Too add to what relax said, check the polarity and make sure you arent connecting to the turn signals.

Sent from my Rooted Droid X using hacked Tapatalk 2

I think I did all of the above but I'll try it again...

Hey I haven't posted in a while but I took out my blue bulbs in the cladding and put these white ones in

I forgot the blue bulb for the mileage part of the odometer but I think it looks pretty sweet. I have the white bulb so i might swap it so there's continuity.

I also have the cladding on but for some reason the rear driver door one is damage and everytime the door is opened, the split part of the cladding slides in between the driver door and driver cladding. How can I fix that?

Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122 LastLast