The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: JDyal's Black 03 ES 2.4 Cyl Build

Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 121819202122
Showing results 421 to 433 of 433
    First thing I noticed, parked way too close to that curb. I say thus cuz I can't go over them it'll smash up my bumper

Sent From My Rooted Galaxy Note 2 using Tapatalk

I like the look you got going with the 99-01 headlights man
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

Lol thanks guys and I noticed the curb but it didn't graze it I was surprised. And I like the lights since they're clear. They're only temporary because my retrofitted ones don't shoot the beams up. I needed a spare set so I can take the projectors put of my 8gb heads and work on retrofitting the jdms that I have
    Bought from crzygtz,deeznutz, dominicano, finald8ta, Galantman03, G-Spot, Isaurio, jonk8123, M-Rod, and specter6633

Dont' keep it stock, turn heads on the block

2003 Mitsubishi Galant ES 2.4L 4 cyl "Storm"

Quote Originally Posted by JDyal View Post

Hey guys, long time since I did anything but I finally painted the Evo ixs gunmetal and got new 235/45/17 tires for them with new tie rods and soon to come sway bar lings and also a fender roll since I'm rubbing. The lettering is almost all done to white and it's off to the interior and working on that JDM headlight and grill transformation

That would really clean up nice with some tire black...
    Make them tires look wet and black ;)

Long time no update. I'm gonna be swamped for the next few months so I don't know if I'll be able to do much on the G. But I have TONS of goodies for it that I've collected over the years lol. I have a set of brembos which I need SS lines, evo rear rotors and conversion and brake pads, some fender flares, a spoiler, and stuff that I can't remember, but I just scored these today:

It's pretty dusty and a little beat up but it just needs a little fiberglassing and paint.

And this is more beat up but is mostly already fiber glassed, I need to do some more in some places and I'm going to color match it to the car anyway which doesn't matter to me. I may keep the center cf though since I think it will look nice and there's no scratches on it.
    Bought from crzygtz,deeznutz, dominicano, finald8ta, Galantman03, G-Spot, Isaurio, jonk8123, M-Rod, and specter6633

Nice update kid. I think we're all busy with life and shit. But its good to see you post up something as great as this.

Quote Originally Posted by JDyal View Post

It's pretty dusty and a little beat up but it just needs a little fiberglassing and paint.
    And this is more beat up but is mostly already fiber glassed, I need to do some more in some places and I'm going to color match it to the car anyway which doesn't matter to me. I may keep the center cf though since I think it will look nice and there's no scratches on it.
    Nothing a little work can't fix! Nice pickup
    2002 Mitsubishi Galant ES (SCRAPPED)
    1991 Jeep Comanche (SOLD)
    2002 Honda Accord EX (DAILY)
    1998 Eclipse GST (PROJECT)

Thanks guys, I just need some time and maybe another set of hands to get some work done. All in all the purchase of course isn't perfect but to get those two things for $500 where all i really need to do is a little fiberglassing and paint seems like a good deal to me. Thanks John aka BadderKarma.

I got a question guys and I didn't feel like making a new thread for it. I want to paint my Evo ixs that black Diamond bbs color like Cody had mentioned. It's a nice light color where as the color I painted them seem to have gotten darker and turned almost black. I'm looking on how to achieve this and it's a lot harder than expected. So I'm wondering if anyone did this. I was looking at the duplicolor hyper silver and maybe I'll leave it like that or put some type of layer of translucent black over the silver to make it slightly darker almost like a tint. If not I may just do hyper silver and call it a day.

I believe it's a hyper black and in that case I have been told it's a 3 stage process.
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

I think you're right. A lot of hyper blacks that I've seen though are like a lighter black so it's almost already greyish. Just a little confused on a way I can accomplish this unless I start going out and mixing paint which I'm trying to avoid. Every time I look up hyper black it always leads me to that duplicolor shadow effect thing which is only used for chrome wheels and I am not going to experiment by painting the wheels chrome first. It probably won't work or just look sloppy.

Edit:

I think I may have found my solution:

https://youtu.be/4bh8hzwC2TA

That's the look I'm going for. And coincidentally enough those are the paints that I have used. The color on my evo ixs right now is the color he used as a base coat. So maybe I can wet sand it a little to get rid of the clear coat and do another light coat of the gunmetal and then top it off with the silver and clear coats.
    Last edited by JDyal; 03-24-2015 at 11:50 PM

I like the tails you have tbh
    "Sometimes we win, sometimes we learn."

Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 121819202122