The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Car wont start after maf and throttle was cleaned

Showing results 1 to 7 of 7

Car wont start after maf and throttle was cleaned

Hi
    I was having some idling problems when car was cold rpms would go crazy up and down up and down so i bought some maf cleaner and throttle cleaner. Cleaned the maf and throttle body but now car wont start, my guess is that since i cleaned the throttle without removing it that sone cleaner went thru the the holes. Any ideas what to try??? thanks

You are here entirely tooo much!! Galanttuner10's Avatar
    Check engine light on? You could have damaged the maf and could have damaged the FIAV or IAC with the liquid
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR
    1996 Galant S 5 Speed Turbo
    Need a Turbo rebuilt or upgraded--> http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showt...ebuild-Service

Check engine light have been on since forever lol

Check obvious stuff first. Are all the electrical connections plugged back in correctly? Any big air gaps? Does it start at all?
    - Nick, 94 Galant ES - 4G64 DOHC Turbo AWD, E3-16G & Manifold, 780cc inj, fmic, DS-MAP Speed Density

"Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge..." - Charles Darwin

Well i left the car for a few hours with every hose disconected to kinda let it dry better, tried again and car started theres deffinetly an improvement on the idle but idle is still a bit crazy. Going to leave it like that for a while. Thanks a lot for your help guys

Go get your engine codes read and find out what else is wrong.
    - Nick, 94 Galant ES - 4G64 DOHC Turbo AWD, E3-16G & Manifold, 780cc inj, fmic, DS-MAP Speed Density

"Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge..." - Charles Darwin

Might be your IAC.

Since you cleaned the TB, you might have to adjust the BISS screw. Turn it just a little and see how the car responds. Just remember where you started when you do it. Worked for me...

Sent from my LG-P925 using Tapatalk
    -Andrew