The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: replacing head

Showing results 1 to 15 of 15

Icon8 replacing head

So I'm kinda new to this but I do understand how it wrks. My timing belt broke a while back so I replaced it. Come to find out that my valves were bent so I had a mechanic tear it all down n re machine the head n replace the bent valves. So one day he gets mad cuz my brother tells him that what he is charging me is too expensive so after he got the head back from the machine shop I get get a text saying "Hey Alex I'm sorry to inform you but I am no longer able to work on your car. All the parts are in the trunk including he machined head with new valves n all brand new gaskets. So if yu can plz come pic up yoyour car. The keys are in it. Thank you." So I towed my car home n look in my trunk to find all my parts thrown in there along wit all my nuts n bolts. Idk how to tell if my head has been machined n valves been replaced or even how to put the son of a bitch on. Somebody plz help me here thank you.
    01 WHITE ON WHITE 8G ES

Wow, sounds like your brother needs to keep his big mouth shut. Exactly how much was he charging you to perform this service that refused to work on your car after getting chewed out?

P.S this is no easy task...

if the head is fully assembled putting it back on isn't difficult but still by no mean's a job for an amateur, if however it is in pieces i will tell you now that there is no way you would be able to do it. It would be best to either kiss up and make good with the mechanic or find someplace else to have the work finished
    Poison457
    99 ES 4G64 I4 189k miles and still going strong
    5spd, rear disk swaped,
    Quote Originally Posted by Abd al-Hazir View Post
    I am at a loss to explain the average skeleton's somewhat ludicrous mental predisposition, however. Perhaps the implausibility of its own existence makes the skeleton think it hilarious to hide in a barrel, cackling intermittently for some three hundred years until a victim happens by?

Quote Originally Posted by oakrdrs187 View Post
    Wow, sounds like your brother needs to keep his big mouth shut. Exactly how much was he charging you to perform this service that refused to work on your car after getting chewed out?

P.S this is no easy task...
    Yea I know I was supper pissed...he was charging me $1500 n I changed the timing belt n water pump myself. I gave him half n I was gonna give him the other half after but now I'm screwed..
    01 WHITE ON WHITE 8G ES

Quote Originally Posted by Poison457 View Post
    if the head is fully assembled putting it back on isn't difficult but still by no mean's a job for an amateur, if however it is in pieces i will tell you now that there is no way you would be able to do it. It would be best to either kiss up and make good with the mechanic or find someplace else to have the work finished
    Yea it is fully assembled. But I myself never been that deep into a engine. So I was just wanting to know what would have to be done like torque specs n stuff.
    01 WHITE ON WHITE 8G ES

Quote Originally Posted by 01wow8g View Post
    Yea I know I was supper pissed...he was charging me $1500 n I changed the timing belt n water pump myself. I gave him half n I was gonna give him the other half after but now I'm screwed..
    And what exactly was he replacing?

And what exactly was he replacing?
    He was gonna remachine the head n replace the valves n he did that but he didn't put it back together like the head is assembled but it an all the other parts are not put together
    01 WHITE ON WHITE 8G ES

where are you located?
    Brandon - 2001 Galant GST 5speed
    Wiseco // Eagle // PTE // Holset // Turbonetics // Supertech // Blox // Prosport // Vibrant // Innovate // OpenEcu // Mishimoto // Magnaflow // Walbro // XXR // Rotora // Brembo // Hawk // R1 Concepts // Dc Sports

That part I get, but was he gonna replace timing belt, balance shaft belt, any idlers, water pump?

Quote Originally Posted by underated View Post
    where are you located?
    I'm from Phoenix Arizona
    01 WHITE ON WHITE 8G ES

That part I get, but was he gonna replace timing belt, balance shaft belt, any idlers, water pump?
    No I did all that he was just gonna take apart the head machine it replace the valves n put it all back together
    01 WHITE ON WHITE 8G ES

Well it was kind of alot....

Well it was kind of alot....
    Yea that's why my bro said somethin I was just tryin to get it done you know.... so I'm thinkin of just doin it myself but I wanna know the best easiest way
    01 WHITE ON WHITE 8G ES

^There is no easy way to do it, there's only the right way. Pick up a repair manual, read the section over for head gasket replacement and go from there.

^There is no easy way to do it, there's only the right way. Pick up a repair manual, read the section over for head gasket replacement and go from there.
    yea that what Ima do thx
    01 WHITE ON WHITE 8G ES