The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Bodykit Installed On 1998 7G *Pics*

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 39 of 39
    draginautoman
    looks good, im glad i read this because im getting my whole front end repainted this week, now i know what to expect. IM just wondering how you got those parts so cheap, the bodykit and t bar, if you could, let me know where you went, i might be able to save some money before its too late.

TGC Regular
    looks real nice but like everyone said it looks like it needs to be molded on.
    - Atba

Moosh
    I bought the bodykit from www.machiii.net

The t-bar I bought from a junkyard.

Yeah it looks a little different, in real life it is harder to tell then those close up pictures I took with the camera. I'm not going to complain, it was a lot of work and a smooth paintjob for $550. If I had taken it to this other body shop that would of color matched it, they would have charged me about $1500. I think I'll put that $1000 towards my engine instead, thanks.

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    that an integra type r spoiler?
    7g for life!

in his sig says

Erebuni Full Body Kit W/ Header Conversion, Cleared Corners, Acura Integra Type-R Spoiler

thanks, must have missed that hah

he has the same spoiler as Jesses old car, i like it a lot
    7g for life!

IllestGalant
    think of it this way moosh. If you are more concerned with going fast, then by all means no one will notice the difference in paint when you mach past them at like 200 miles an hour. if you like showing it off, then you don't care how fast or slow your car is, it is supposed to be show and I would recommend getting the kit painted to match the car cause it is noticable. It's up to you bro. I think you should take it back to where you had it done and say you aren't happy with the color but thats just me.
    All I know is I am into both performance and looks and I would want it fixed.

Moosh
    My friend did the job, I don't think he is capable of color matching it perfectly to tell you the truth. He is better at repairing cars and body than painting. It doesn't bother me much, I got what I paid for. After the car has the DOHC swap and the turbo I'll think about getting a nice complete paintjob with a different color entirely. I don't go around and enter my car into shows, so it is not a big deal. Everyone that has seen my car so far has been too much in awe to even notice the difference in color.

brandon
    Hey Moosh,

Lookin' good... I had my neighbor paint my kit for me, and he had the darndest of times finding the paint based on the paint code on the car.

My car is black, but the original stock color has tiny little flakes in it and he couldn't find a match anywhere. He ended up doing his best and only charged me $300 for the job, so I figured why the hell not for that cheap, ya know?

You can notice it on my car too, not too bad, but if you really look you can tell. Of course, you get what you pay for... if I were to go to a shop and dish out $1000+ I'd expect it to match perfectly.

Regardless, get some 18s for your car if you can, that way you won't have to drop it and it'll still look dope. With 17s you need some bigger sized tires if you want to make sure you're not scraping over bumps and shit.

I need to scan my pics of my car, then I'll throw em up in the member's rides section one of these days so you can compare.

come on brandon ive been waiting months to see ur pics :lauging: get on it haha
    7g for life!

redboy
    yup i had my boy hook me up with a paint job, costed 300 and a case of tequiza, lol, did a damn good job of painting it but like i said he didnt color match it but i told him that i was thinkin of repainting my ole car anyways!!!

Tiptronic
    looks good. hook up some rims, and you straight

Experienced TGC Member HeadAche's Avatar
    The kit itself looks good, but the paint is just way to off for my tastes.. I just would have sprayed the whole car another shade of silver, instead of doing it like that..
    I Shook You At The Track, My Boyz Threw Asprin On The Floor, They Said Now You Gotta Headache...

The illiterate of the twenty-first century will not be those who can not read or write, but those who can not learn, un-learn and re-learn.

Moosh
    Yeah my uncle just convinced me to get it fixed. The guy who did my kit kind of sucks. The sideskirts were on very poorly, and there were some other minor stuff you cant see in the pictures. I am taking it to this other guy my uncle knows and he is going to match the paint color and fix every little thing that is wrong with it for $400. So overall, I am going to spend $950 total on labor/paint. I'll post pictures after it is fully completed. :?

brandon
    Hey Moosh,

How'd they get the skirts nice and tight? I have gaps on mine... also, is your back bumper nice and tight on the right side? I have a tiny little gap on that side too...

Front looks good, I need to re-fit mine to rid of the monster gaps under the headlights I have.

Moosh
    He just used ghetto ass screws to hold the bumper up tight, after my kit is put on the RIGHT way, I'll let you know everything about it.

IllestGalant
    yeah, there shouldn't be any gaps. Hicksville auto body built a cage for my kit to withstand high winds and vibrations due to so much surface area. they used steel tubing to make it solid as a rock and there are no gaps any where. who put your kit on???

illLant98es
    my kits on ther perfect . theres no gaps at all what type of body shops do you guys use? i dont think it was even that hard to line up at all and i still have my reinforcer and absorbers in there.

brandon
    I put mine on myself, looks pretty good for not paying a dime to do it. <pats self on back>

I've been asking everyone how they made sure there were no gaps but it seems everyone just had a shop do it... anyone know what they used?

I'm thinking bondo might be best... but I don't wanna do that until I get the JDM headlights and have money to get everything re-painted.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12