The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Bodykit Installed On 1998 7G *Pics*

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 39
    Moosh

Bodykit Installed On 1998 7G *Pics*

Hey guys. I finally got the body kit installed. I bought a 1994-1996 T-Bar to replace the header panel of the 1997-1998 Galants. It fit fine with no problems. We WERE going to make a custom bumper reinforcement because the ones in there were too large, but I realized since JDM cars don't have it, then it must not really be that big of a deal. *Shrugs* We still have to polish it and get rid of the dusty top layer, but I needed to get my car immediately because I haven't had it for a few weeks. I'm going to take it back to him in a week to adjust some things and polish it and buff it. A word of warning to you guys that are not getting a full paint job, this guy is a friend of mine and he is pretty good at painting cars. Despite that, the bumpers look slightly off of the body paint in certain shades of sunlight. Its not a big deal at all, just letting you know how it is. You can probably convince laypeople that it is a custom look. I cleared my corners while I was at it, it looks really good. My friend just rerouted the turn signals to the parking lights. Yes, it does flash fast as shit, but they look pretty good as a temporary solution. There were a couple of 7G Galants following me around as I traveled on 76 to get to the BLVD (Philly). They probably were surprised that a Galant is hookupable. Oh yeah, another thing. You definitely need big rims, I have 15 inch rims and the kit is very very low, almost like I slammed it. People think I lowered my car. You definitely need to have like 17 or 18 inch wheels and some thick tires so it gets raised up a little bit. Something I did not expect was that when I drive around, I can feel the road better. Its hard to explain, its like when you lower your car and it gets rougher and you can feel every little thing. Well, it feels like that to a lesser degree. I like it alot actually. I need to tint my windows and get some new rims and tires, and oh yeah.... I need some 94-96 grilles. In my pictures you can see that I do not have any grills. I thought about putting mesh but EF that. I'd rather have the black grilles. If anyone wants to sell me theirs, lemme know. By the way, I bet some of you want to know how much it all cost me.

Bodykit $803 + $90 SH
    T-Bar $60+ $10 SH
    Spoiler $140 + $40 SH (Yeah, I had to get it in a hurry
    Install of everything & 3 Coat Paintjob $550
    Clearing Corners - $5 for silicon bottle otherwise free

The spoiler I have if anyone is interested is the one Jesse has on his car, the Acura Integra spoiler I think its called. I bought it off of eBay and it is pretty impressive quality. I was surprised. Well anyway, here are the pictures:

Rear Angle http://home.earthlink.net/~mooshman/images/car1.JPG

Rear http://home.earthlink.net/~mooshman/images/car2.JPG

Side http://home.earthlink.net/~mooshman/images/car3.JPG

Front http://home.earthlink.net/~mooshman/images/car4.JPG

Corners, You can tell the difference of paint shade in this pic http://home.earthlink.net/~mooshman/images/car5.JPG

Need grilles, T-Bar needs buffing http://home.earthlink.net/~mooshman/images/car6.JPG

Front http://home.earthlink.net/~mooshman/images/car7.JPG

Overall I am happy with it. The rear looks a lot better to me than the old 7G's, I don't like the 94-96 rear end lights very much. I have not gotten any negative opinions of it yet..... even from very negative people. It looks really really good in person. The rear bumper looks really ugly to me in pictures, but when I saw it in person.... wow. Anyway, hope you guys liked my short essay. lol

GalantsArePoopy
    is there a SINGLE body kit out for the 7g galants? i want one for my 95.

Looks good..

I feel u on the color not perfectly matching..

Only thing you need now is some Wheels... then you will be straight!

Keep it up!
    2005 TGC Fantasy Football Champ III
    http://www.Gencoupe.com/garage/3337

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(GalantsArePoopy)</div><div class='quotemain'>is there a SINGLE body kit out for the 7g galants? i want one for my 95.</div>

are you on crack? or am i confused?

hey moosh, looks pretty good, but its screaming to get molded on, i can hear it from here
    7g for life!

optimus rhyme
    that shit looks good man. makes me wanna get a kit for my 98es so bad. Im stock bro. yeah you definatly need some bigger rims. but hey i got hubcaps so who am I to say. another bit of constructive criticism, your hood looks crooked. Mine was the same way. I had to adjust these rubber disks under my hood ( I think theyre right above the headlights?). looks like the drivers side one needs to be tighter. that will make the drivers side of your hood rest evenly with the passenger side and make it straight. Any way your car is real dope and it inspires me to get some money saved up for that kit! good job.

Moosh
    Thanks a lot, I noticed it but didn't know how to fix it. I'll try that

Experienced TGC Member
    Looks great Moosh :thumbsup:

Those rims look sooo teeny tiny... awwww so cute.. LOL

What spoiler is that?

I would move this post... but I'm not going to. Post those links on the Member's Pics Forum so evryone gets to see your new whip.
    [b]<span style='color:blue'>Wes</span>
    The true path to enlightenment is Here
    <-Check it out Maz
    My 7g

[b]<span style='color:darkred'>ClubTGC Shidoshi-Kai Fellowship</span>

IllestGalant
    looking sweet, now throw on the chromies

roman
    where did you buy the body kit?
    online?
    link plz

and car looks realy sweet, my friend has the same one silver '98 Galant with spoiler

mine is beige '97 ES with leather

Moosh
    I have a question, can anyone explain why the paint colors look different? Is it because the stock paint has aged, or because the paint guy didnt mix the paint properly?

minden silver is such a hard color to match...ever bring your car inside a garage and turn a strong light above it?? Walk around the car and the car looks somewhat mulitcolored...silver w/ a bluish purplish tint.

But from my experience and seeing your pics...yeah he probably could have taken a little more time mixing.
    Joe F.
    --The first and only 7g N/A galant in the 13's, currently in hibernation--

IllestGalant
    I thought you didn't get the kit painted... it looks like the grey primer color mine came with. your car's paint definitely didn't fade thats for sure! did you give him the paint code? are you sure he didn't get the wrong paint code. maybe there is a chance they mixed the paint wrong but how could they? I can't believe he would let the car leave the shop looking like that???

IllestGalant
    I thought you didn't get the kit painted... it looks like the grey primer color mine came with. your car's paint definitely didn't fade thats for sure! did you give him the paint code? are you sure he didn't get the wrong paint code. maybe there is a chance they mixed the paint wrong but how could they? I can't believe he would let the car leave the shop looking like that???

Moosh
    Yeah I guess he didn't mix it too good. Should I just wet sand the kit and mix the paint myself according to your directions and let him paint it again, or is it really not that big of a deal? Let me know.

looks real good... nice and clean

Moosh
    Thanks Spy.

Illest, do you think it is worth spending like $1000 to get the bumpers and sides painted by a pro?

illLant98es
    wow that color is way off i would have slaped that guy :x . the kit was lined up and put on well, looks good on that end but if you can tell in a picture that the paint is that far off thats not good . it also looks like he didnt blend it into the old paint job.my car was spraid onto the fenders and blended in and you cant tell it looks like a factory paint job. i know illest had his whole car painted, and i think my car and his look identical as far as paint matching. go back there perfection is hard to get but even with my car i still am going back and i paid almost 2gs for him to do it up
    :arrow: check out my car i got some pics up

http://photos.yahoo.com/mitsukid98es

the paint is hard to match i got the same color and my bumper dint match either when I painted it. its a pearl so it changes under light and shit thats why im gettin the whole car painted.

yea i bought some paint at the auto stores and it upset me because i bought some green paint and none of them worked, it all looked like shit!!! i bought this other paint from paintscratch.com, i think pinoyesv6 gave this link and i bought it and works great exact match and everything costed me about 30 bucks with delivery for regular size spray
    uhhhh...... Whats a 9g???

redboy
    i dont have any pics of my car with the kit, but i have the burgandy or marroon color galant, and with the wore out burgandy and the brand new burgandy on my kit there is a definite difference. when u walk pu to it in the day u can tell but at night it just looks dark red. trust me i feel ya on that playa...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast