The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Weird vibration

Showing results 1 to 15 of 15

Weird vibration

I have a 1999 gtz, i lower the car today, i am using mitsubishi eclipse 1992 springs and the car feel very good, like stock, i first change the pasanger side and drive the to see how it work, then a put the driver side, and a wierd vibration start when accelerate the car but at hi speed the vibration stop. Please helppp, I think is the cv axle, but they dont vibrate with the original spring

yeah cuz the 1992 springs have the car too low, causing vibrations, u shouldnt have 1992 springs on ur car EVER

u need to get lowering springs designed for your car 99-03 Galant V6 or 00-05 Eclipse V6

get rid of those 1992 springs ASAP

You asked this on another thread, I replied to it. The same thing happened when I put Tein lowering springs on my car, I changed both axles and the vibration is gone.

Today I saw a car identical to mine and it looked lower than mine and ran well, I do not think that it for install the eclipse spring

Quote Originally Posted by oakrdrs187 View Post
    Could be your CV axles took one, If your axles were already wearing and you lowered the car, the change in angle of the axles could have finished off whatever life they had.
    Here.

Experienced TGC Member OMEGA PHX's Avatar

Although I don't recommend the 92 eclipse springs maybe this solves your problem. its a known issue that v6's gs and sometime I4's vibrate when lowered because of the axles ending at a weird angle: For some it resolves with new axles for others with the washer fix for others going to stock spriings.

"Quote:
    Originally Posted by foxbrand
    can axle binding occur when the car is lowered?
    "Answer...yes...documented thoroughly

Resolution has already been said. Washer needs to be 1/8" thick and fit over the axle (like 2 1/16" inside diameter or something I will have to dig that up again)."

Read this(post #11): https://www.thegalantcenter.org/show...t=v6+vibration

post #11

4g64T 5spd

^^ What i just said. Except for the washer part.

Could be because your wheels arent properly torqued coughmissinglugnutscough
    -Dirty South-

They See Me Rollin They Hating -Riding Dirty-
    Quote Originally Posted by oakrdrs187 View Post
    It dont smell or anything so F it.

Quote Originally Posted by OMEGA PHX View Post
    Although I don't recommend the 92 eclipse springs maybe this solves your problem. its a known issue that v6's gs and sometime I4's vibrate when lowered because of the axles ending at a weird angle: For some it resolves with new axles for others with the washer fix for others going to stock spriings.

"Quote:
    Originally Posted by foxbrand
    can axle binding occur when the car is lowered?
    "Answer...yes...documented thoroughly

Resolution has already been said. Washer needs to be 1/8" thick and fit over the axle (like 2 1/16" inside diameter or something I will have to dig that up again)."

Read this(post #11): https://www.thegalantcenter.org/show...t=v6+vibration

post #11
    Esas vibraciones son en todos los V6 , q estan bajos , el mio asia eso. Y lo q lo ocaciona es el cv axle derecho , el V6 usa 3 ejes , el iskierdo , el derecho q se sujeta al motor y de ay sale uno asia la rueda , pues donde se unen eso tiene 3 puntas lo cuales con el tiempo se joden y los valines se salen y comiensa a ocacionar vibracion , lo q yo ise fue ir a una torneria con las 3 puntas esas y le isieron unos Bushing de bronce , para eliminarle los balines , y ya no tengo ese problema.

Raul dejate de vainas y compra tus lower springs !
    Acuerdate q los esprines de un 4cil , no tienen el mismo fuersa q los del v6 , x q el v6 pesa mas q el 4cil , tu estas bajito igual q si tubieras unos esprines q bajaran 2.0 y 1.8
    Mejor compra los bajitos x q se t va joder las amortiguadores x ta usando los de un carro q noi es el tuyo y q noi tiene la misma configuracion q el tuyo . Y t lo digo x eperiencia propia

Today i go to buy the to axle, anyways the inner boots are broken, so is more easy change everything and go safe,

^ There You go...

Bye bye vibration, today i change driver side axle, with a lot of problem because i need to cut the axle and change the wheel hub, i put a spacer and end of story, next week do the same in passanger side. Thank you everybody for the help,
    Last edited by Raul_GTZ; 02-24-2012 at 10:10 PM

very helpful info here I am in the same boat I might have to try the washer mod see if that helps my vibration

Nicterims
    If I was to guess - I would say rear transmission mount has collapsed.