The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 2003 galant turbo project

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 26

2003 galant turbo project

im trying to turbo my galant so i found someone thats parting out a 1997 gst eclipse and hes selling the turbo ,manifold intercooler ,hard pipe with bov, and the rest of the turbo piping for 200 ,would you guy say thats a good deal and what else would i need to get or do to turbo to run 7lbs on an auto trans galant ?

the side mount intercooler not gonna be enough intercooler. Also the pipes are backwards on the gst compared to the 8g

so the intercooler wont be able to boost 7lbs? so im not understanding the not enough intercooler ?but i can get pipes made no big deal

You could use the side mount for 5-7ish lbs, but honestly its better to just go with a fmic, your GOING to want change it out later. Boost is like crack once you have some you want more and you will quckly out grow that side nount
    Poison457
    99 ES 4G64 I4 189k miles and still going strong
    5spd, rear disk swaped,
    Quote Originally Posted by Abd al-Hazir View Post
    I am at a loss to explain the average skeleton's somewhat ludicrous mental predisposition, however. Perhaps the implausibility of its own existence makes the skeleton think it hilarious to hide in a barrel, cackling intermittently for some three hundred years until a victim happens by?

oh ok but i also found some 390cc injectors for 40 bucks with the fuel rail would that do for m\y setup and do i have to change my head gasket etc before turbo?

and any suggestions on a tuning method and someone to tune it for me ?

there are PLENTY of people here who has gone turbo. There are also PLENTY of threads concerning boost. Even a WHOLE SUBFORUM for turbo/supercharger/etc.

Grab a drink, maybe a snack, and sit down. You have a lot of reading to do.

BTW 390cc injectors are not near big enough to run 7psi safely.
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

SAFC or MAFT (or both) is good for starters. You need 450cc to start with and then move on to bigger as the addiction takes place
    God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread

450cc it is any ideas how i can run my oil lines for the turbo ?

and thanks for all the help ive read alot of the posts but alot of those things dont help when its not specific

I think the 8g has the oil fitting on the head or some like this, if not that you can always split the oil pressure sensor with a T and run the oil feed from there. Its a 1/8 npt thread

Build Thread

i think the 7g and 8g have the same motor setup except the 8g is dis but the other parts might be the same

The 7g and 8g block is the same, just the heads are mirrored

Build Thread

sorry for sounding ignorant but whats mirrored and where can i get the rest of the parts i need for a reasonable price ?

I run the oil feed off of my OFH via adapter plate. I also have my Oil PSI sender coming from there.
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

ofh is oil filter housing right
    and where can i get the adapter from?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/UNIVERSAL-AL...sories&vxp=mtr

It will work, but I dont trust it. Ive seen one of these kits and parts quality crappy.

Build Thread

do you know anywhere where i can get a good quality kit and something to tune the car with

i guess no one knows where they got their stuff from

Most everyone that has turboed their G doesnt have a kit. They piece it together. Search here and on club3g there is a ton of info. Good luck to you.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast