The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 2003 galant turbo project

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 26 of 26
    You can do the piggy-back controllers as MAFT and SAFC or you can swap to Evo8 ECU or have Isaurio flash you a new rom
    God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread

i think you hav to source out your own kit for upgrades

thats alot of options for the tune but the biggest issue is figuring out which one is the easiest to tune

Experienced TGC Member OMEGA PHX's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by suad618 View Post
    thats alot of options for the tune but the biggest issue is figuring out which one is the easiest to tune
    easiest in my opinion would be evo 8 ecu with ecu flash since theres so many evos its easier to find a local tuner that tunes evos. you would need a conversion harness from BHM: http://blackheartmotors.net/store/in...&products_id=4
    contact member: SPD_FRK

Although if you get Isaurio to flash your oem ecu maybe you can tune for boost and save some money
    Last edited by OMEGA PHX; 04-03-2012 at 05:32 PM

4g64T 5spd

Quote Originally Posted by suad618 View Post
    Let me fix your question. Which one is easiest to setup. "hardware" ? A tune is a tune no matter what ECU or ROM you are using, a pro tuner will use the same skills in all platform. Is all up to you how you want to setup your system.

1. Evo ECU swap with BHM conv hardness. contact SPD_FRK for more info on the harness and tune.
    2. Eclipse ECU with Evo ROM. You still need a conv harness.
    since you staying with the AUTO trani. You will need a dual ECU/PCM conversion harness them.

eclipse manual ECU you could find them cheap, you just need a evo rom with a immob delete to get you rolling.

this option should be your last thing on the list.

Get all the turbo parts, every single bolt. do some research on how much HP and goals you want to accomplish. Them after you get all the turbo parts. Think about the ECU and tune. hint hint.
    Last edited by Isaurio; 03-26-2012 at 01:00 AM

Triple Diamond Motors East Cost
    02 2.5L Fully Built Galant 5 speed
    SOHC Turbo
    http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?52330-Isaurio-s-Turbo-Built-quot-4G64T-quot-Heavy-pics>My 4G64 Turbo Built

thanks for all the great advice the hardest thing for me is that im the only one in jacksonville doing this to a galant since most of the people doing this are in orlando :( but hopefully i will get to meet some of you guys when the next meet is close to me

but first step im getting ready for is a full engine rebuild as my engine has 115k on it so ill rebuild it then break it in for about 10-15k miles and then turbo

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12