The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Galant 09 2.4 bad -mpg_

Showing results 1 to 13 of 13

Icon4 Galant 09 2.4 bad -mpg_

i have a 2009 Mitsubishi Galant with 2.4 Engine and i get ((( 13.4 MpG ))) when i test the car with OBDII i found the code P1541 but i don't know what its mean so any budy can help me with that BAAAAAAAAAD MPG .

Regards to all

http://www.evoscan.com/technical-veh...-trouble-codes
    It means the sensor in the radiator isn't P1541 Radiator sensor2 LIN comm.
    Last edited by vr4gto; 02-27-2012 at 10:54 AM

Yeah there's a sensor on the radiator. I think 09? And up have sensor builded into the radiator to help clean outside emissions or monitor. Volvo have it for years.
    Usually clear the code. If it comes back replace the radiator. But first check the sensor. It located on the rad between the two fan

Thank you (( VR4GTO & Gotti )) for the information but do you think that sensor made that BAAAAAAAAD MPG ???

It shouldn't really. If u have a scan tool check the long fuel trim % . Should be around 3.5-4.5% @ idle.

If you have short ram or cai. Your fuel trims are changed. I have seem 10-12% on idle. A tuner should be able to fix your trims as close to 0.

How old are your o2 sensors?
    What was the last time you changed your spark plugs.

Maybe is a bad coolant problem. Temperature problem. Maybe the computer is staying in openloop because of the temperature.
    Last edited by Isaurio; 02-28-2012 at 09:40 AM

Triple Diamond Motors East Cost
    02 2.5L Fully Built Galant 5 speed
    SOHC Turbo
    http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?52330-Isaurio-s-Turbo-Built-quot-4G64T-quot-Heavy-pics>My 4G64 Turbo Built

Quote Originally Posted by Isaurio View Post
    If you have short ram or cai. Your fuel trims are changed. I have seem 10-12% on idle. A tuner should be able to fix your trims as close to 0.

How old are your o2 sensors?
    What was the last time you changed your spark plugs.

Maybe is a bad coolant problem. Temperature problem. Maybe the computer is staying in openloop because of the temperature.

Dear Isaurio ,

I don't have short ram or CAI (( what is the Tuner that should fix my trims to close to 0 )) .

O2 sensors are 30,000 Mile (( with OBD scan the sensor Bank is ok 0.3 to 0.8 v )) ### sine wave diagram ###
    last time i changed the spark plugs is on 26-11-2011

please tell me more about openloop ??? and Temp. problem ???

When the engine is first started, and rpm is above 500 rpm, the system goes into 'Open Loop' operation. In Open Loop, the PCM will ignore the signal from the Oxygen (O2) sensor and calculate the air/fuel ratio based on inputs from the coolant and MAF sensors. Mostly uses the the static fuel maps from the PCM.

The system will stay in Open Loop until the following conditions are met:
    The O2 sensor has varying voltage output, showing that it is hot enough to operate properly. (This depends on temperature)
    The coolant sensor is above a specified temperature about 7oC/44.6oF. On the Galant
    A specific amount of time has elapsed after starting the engine.

When these conditions are met, the system goes into Closed Loop operation. In Closed Loop, the PCM will calculate the air/fuel ratio (injector on-time) based on the various sensors but mainly the O2 sensor. This allows the air/fuel ratio to stay very close to 14.7:1. AFR

What type of spark plug do you have?
    You should clean the MAF sensor "with MAF cleaner" and your TB with "Carb cleaner"

Double check your T-stat is working properly.
    Last edited by Isaurio; 02-28-2012 at 02:32 PM

Triple Diamond Motors East Cost
    02 2.5L Fully Built Galant 5 speed
    SOHC Turbo
    http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?52330-Isaurio-s-Turbo-Built-quot-4G64T-quot-Heavy-pics>My 4G64 Turbo Built

Quote Originally Posted by Isaurio View Post
    When the engine is first started, and rpm is above 500 rpm, the system goes into 'Open Loop' operation. In Open Loop, the PCM will ignore the signal from the Oxygen (O2) sensor and calculate the air/fuel ratio based on inputs from the coolant and MAF sensors. Mostly uses the the static fuel maps from the PCM.

The system will stay in Open Loop until the following conditions are met:
    The O2 sensor has varying voltage output, showing that it is hot enough to operate properly. (This depends on temperature)
    The coolant sensor is above a specified temperature about 7oC/44.6oF. On the Galant
    A specific amount of time has elapsed after starting the engine.

When these conditions are met, the system goes into Closed Loop operation. In Closed Loop, the PCM will calculate the air/fuel ratio (injector on-time) based on the various sensors but mainly the O2 sensor. This allows the air/fuel ratio to stay very close to 14.7:1. AFR

What type of spark plug do you have?
    You should clean the MAF sensor "with MAF cleaner" and your TB with "Carb cleaner"

Double check your T-stat is working properly.

Dear My friend ,

Now i start the engine and found that there a sensor between the two radiator fans up side of the rad. but it just out of the rad. not connected with it and when i pull it i saw that there is four pins ( not elect. pin ) like some thing to keep the sensor connected to the rad. ++ the sensor out + , i keep the engine in IDLE for 20 minutes but the fans never worked the temp. in dashboard is normal but the fan not work so a start the A/C mode the two fans worked normally ???

what is the problem ?

Sounds like the coolant sensor to turn the fans on is shot.

Quote Originally Posted by vr4gto View Post
    Sounds like the coolant sensor to turn the fans on is shot.
    Yes my daer i think that but it's the same sensor ( between the two fans ) who control turning the fun on when the engine is over 70 C

Dear Friends ,

I fixed all the problems in my car but i wont to ask you please if the intake air box is not the original i change it i use another one its origin is for Toyota because i can change the air filter ( cheaper that Mitsubishi one ) and is available i can't fined the galant air filter easy

now is that change may cause bad MPG ????????

Maybe, but I'm guessing its more than likely a bad O2 sensor that's killing your mpg