The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: High Milage Transmission Flush

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 51

High Milage Transmission Flush

Ok I'm gonna clear things up on the 'Tranny Flush Myth'

My car a 99 ES I4 Auto with 213,115 miles stock engine/tranny is at Riverside Mitsubishi for a flush, not drain and re-fill...a FLUSH. This dealer is 70 miles from my house so on the way back I plan on giving it Hell, I my at Dennys with my buddy who is waiting in his car too, I will report back with updates as I drive the car more and more, feel free to comment and state opinions, so stay tuned...

I guess you can say Im betting on red in a round of roulette..
    Last edited by oakrdrs187; 01-20-2015 at 11:50 AM

Nothing wrong as long as its a flush.

No cussing and swearing yet... Good luck!

Sent from my phone like a boss...
    -Andrew

What's your fluid change history look like? Some people say flushes are bad if you've let the fluid go for forever and then flush it. Over on the Odyssey forums this is a big thing since those trannies go bust very often on the 2nd gens, and since the dealers seem to not wanna flush those trannies (not recommended by Honda). Interesting to see your results Vic.

-Greg

"I smashed up the grey one, bought me a red;
    Every time we hit the parking lot we turn heads!"
    -Pimp C, "International Players Anthem"

Dont know when the fluid was last changed. But I will say the fluid was more brown than it was pink.

Before the flush there was no hard shifts, slips or erratic down shifting. Just knew it needed to be done alreadyas preventative maintenance.

So far I have 25 miles of city driving and about 10 highway since I left the dealer. Me and my buddy stopped at a pick a part where we spent a good 3 hours (picked up DE grill YES!). Going to the yard I noticed smoother shifting which is a plus so far (Pace was the hurried driving you do when you wake up late for work, in no way did I baby it). We are posted at a buffet partaking in missed lunch and now dinner. I have a good 60 miles of freeway ahead of me, will update when I'm home fellas...

I work for Mitsu. You'll be fine with flush. We never have issue with cars over 200k-350k with original tranmy

Quote Originally Posted by Gotti View Post
    I work for Mitsu. You'll be fine with flush. We never have issue with cars over 200k-350k with original tranmy
    So do you got the Hook up on OEM parts ?
    -Dirty South-

They See Me Rollin They Hating -Riding Dirty-
    Quote Originally Posted by oakrdrs187 View Post
    It dont smell or anything so F it.

10% over cost. But I get free oil change :)

Made it home after a few traffic jams, fuel stop. Car feels great if anything smoother acceleration.

How much did it run you at the dealership. I visited an express lube spot for my wifes car and they wanted about $200 for the flush....seemed pretty reasonable to me...she's got 180k+ on her car.

Scott

Quote Originally Posted by cscotty View Post
    How much did it run you at the dealership. I visited an express lube spot for my wifes car and they wanted about $200 for the flush....seemed pretty reasonable to me...she's got 180k+ on her car.

Scott
    They charged me 189.99. I would never take my car to a lube shop, especially an express one.

After tax it was a flat 200 and some change, labor was $67. The rest was OEM Diamond SPIII fluid.

Nice. Looking forward to hearing the progress.

I think our is 189.99. 12qt of trans fluid $6.50. Bg cleaner and conditioner $40. The rest is labor. Tech get pay 1.0 hr

For those who are curious, Here's what I was charged.

Last edited by oakrdrs187; 02-29-2012 at 08:10 PM

That is a good deal considering the cost and amount of trans fluid required for a flush.

Why does it seem that the tax rate is quite low? $9+ for tax? Here in NJ, Im sure to pay almost twice as much (7% sales tax).

Scott

Quote Originally Posted by cscotty View Post
    Why does it seem that the tax rate is quite low? $9+ for tax? Here in NJ, Im sure to pay almost twice as much (7% sales tax).

Scott
    Most states tax only parts.

I didn't think it was expensive, I'm a happy camper. This service was done to my white 8g, I will be taking the one in my sig sometime this month.

Now at 215k and going good, shifts are as smooth as they can be..

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast