The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 60mm TB upgrade, I think I did it wrong :(

Showing results 1 to 13 of 13

Icon9 60mm TB upgrade, I think I did it wrong :(

Finally got around to wiring up my 1g diamante tb, ported my im, all that jazz, followed this https://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?t=39123

But when I started the car the idle jumps from 800 to 1k about every second, and each time it jumps, theres a tick from my center dash, possibly ecu? I didnt mess with the IAC or the TPS I left everything on the diamante tb alone just wired up the IAC and plugged the stock g connecter into the TPS that was already there.

Am I supposed to reroute that ground wire that goes unused with the 1g IAC somewhere or something?

Another oddity, my CEL is on and I tried to pull the code with my reader and it cannot establish a connection while the key is turned to ON or while the car is running, it had no problem before I did the swap
    Boost, its whats for dinner

did you unhook your battery during installation and also maybe your iac is bad
    -Dirty South-

They See Me Rollin They Hating -Riding Dirty-
    Quote Originally Posted by oakrdrs187 View Post
    It dont smell or anything so F it.

yeah I unhooked the battery, its possible it is a JY TB but that still doesnt explain the clicking sound coming from my ecu when it jumps idle. im gonna swap over the ecu from my parts car and see if anything clears up

how long have you been running the car maybe your ecu is just relearning the new air
    -Dirty South-

They See Me Rollin They Hating -Riding Dirty-
    Quote Originally Posted by oakrdrs187 View Post
    It dont smell or anything so F it.

just like a minute or so, I really didnt like the noise coming from my ecu that syncs with the idle jump, makes me think theres a short somwhere or something. I suppose I could let it run for awhile tho and see

I had the same problem when I upgraded. I simply leave it unplugged and its been just fine.

wait wat. leave the IAC unplugged? O.o

Wow thats really weird, I just ran outside and tried it with the ISC unplugged, no CEL runs fine.

I dont understand why, or how that works, isnt the ISC like, really important seeing as how people go through such great lengths to have one? Such as rewiring the harness and/or blocking off coolant passages on the 7g ISC

Cold starts are the only time its an issue. Its just a bit colder here than where you are so I sometimes have to hold the throttle up a little for a minute or so to get it to idle.

double check your vacuum lines and tb gasket, some people put it backwards. Dont leave your IAC unplug. It will mess with your idle at cold start and when you let go of the gas on deceleration for a "smooth idle". It is crucial to let the engine idle at cold start. it should start at 2k and make its way down to 720 or so rpm. If the IAC is bad get another one from a junk yard. The IAC and the PCM works together, if you getting a CEL from a IAC that means check the IAC or replace.
    Last edited by Isaurio; 02-29-2012 at 01:09 PM

Triple Diamond Motors East Cost
    02 2.5L Fully Built Galant 5 speed
    SOHC Turbo
    http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?52330-Isaurio-s-Turbo-Built-quot-4G64T-quot-Heavy-pics>My 4G64 Turbo Built

True, yeah I guess ill pull another IAC. I ran it with it unplugged and it runs fine, plugged it in and the idle started hopping around again and the CEL is deff IAC. Atleast itll run for the time being.

Thanks for the help :D

Experienced TGC Member Galantfan88's Avatar
    You will also have to adjust the idle with a screw driver that could also be it.

Evo 8 ECU / 5 Speed Swap / Fully Built Forged Motor
    Turbonetics Turbo T31 Stage 3 / RPW Stage 3 Camshaft

yeah I got that sorted out, running without the IAC atm, tried cleaning it (soooo dirty) but it was shot. Picked up a few spares from diamantes in the yar, gonna clean em up with some q tips and maf cleaner and go from there.

Itll idle fine without it, and if I start the car without it and then plug it in while its running it runs fine, but as soon as I turn the car off and start it again the idle goes back to jumping and I get that ticking from the center console again.