The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Here to take my 03 Galant to the next level..

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Showing results 21 to 40 of 63
    Quote Originally Posted by SourPunchGalant804 View Post
    Have a friend that sleeps eats and talks bass/car audio, We planned on making our own box there is going to be close to any room in the trunk but we can do it without a doubt..Were going to have to bust our asses doing it.
    I know some one like too matter of a fact hes typing this post. You WELL have to build the box in the trunk sub up port back or port thru rear deck.
    i can tell you that if you build in the trunk it well be a PITA to screw that 18 into the box you are better of doing like 4 10s that is more cone area then a single 18 and well produce more spl. or better yet 2 12s in a 4th order bandpass box
    -Dirty South-

They See Me Rollin They Hating -Riding Dirty-
    Quote Originally Posted by oakrdrs187 View Post
    It dont smell or anything so F it.

Me and my friend Trey been working on her for a while he's about a 15 min drive away, before he ended up selling her to me because i promised to carry her on to the next level because my taurus's tranny ended up dieing picked her up for $3800 he was going to sell her for $4500 on the list
    Ok, I get it now.

Well I applaud you and your buddy for wanting to be different.

A few cosmetic changes that are virtually free are the clear corner mod and the clear reverse light mod. Basically what you do is remove the lamp and through the hole for the bulb you reach in with needle nose pliers and remove the stripes on the back up light portion and the amber reflector in the corner of the headlight. You can see the car in my sig has the amber reflector removed for a cleaner look.

And I took this from Ivory-g's build thread.

Quote Originally Posted by IVORY_G View Post
    I was curious about clearing my 02-03 Tails, but I thought I needed to bake the tails and separate the housing and lens. Since s4ean revived an old thread I was glad to find out that wasnt necessary.

So I tried it out, here are the pix:

BEFORE:

AFTER:

Looks good IMO, harder to see difference since my tails are smoked, but I like it. It definitely lets more light shines through with the reverse light on as well when I checked it.

Last edited by oakrdrs187; 02-29-2012 at 11:05 PM

>sees intro thread
    >a wild donk appears
    >it claims an 8G
    >all hope is lost
    >nuke fired from secret government satellite
    >it's the only way to make sure

NOPE.avi

-Chris-

2003 Mitsubishi Galant ES 2.4L SOHC: "Octavia"
    2005 Honda Accord EX-L Coupe 2.4L DOHC

Quote Originally Posted by XxGiRLaNT06xX View Post
    From the looks of the girl, her face isnt that great.. nothing a paper bag couldnt fix... amirite?

Quote Originally Posted by Redhaze View Post
    I know some one like too matter of a fact hes typing this post. You WELL have to build the box in the trunk sub up port back or port thru rear deck.
    i can tell you that if you build in the trunk it well be a PITA to screw that 18 into the box you are better of doing like 4 10s that is more cone area then a single 18 and well produce more spl. or better yet 2 12s in a 4th order bandpass box
    Will it? To be honest i was thinking about 4 12's before i heard two DC audio 18s in the backseat of a cavalier, Big subs just get me off no pun intended xD but with the one 12" i have in there i can see in my head 4 of them faceing eachother?
    Shooting to have a painful system in it seems like i should talk to you about the system

Here's the front clear corners I noticed you ride didn't have.
    Quote Originally Posted by clone2020 View Post

<span style='color:red'>NOTE: The key to clearing your corners is having the right tool to get between the orange plastic piece and the clear headlight assembly. The orange lens is wedged into the corner of the headlight assembly. The only thing that holds it into place is a couple millimeters of plastic on the edges except one side. That's the side where you "PULL" the orange lens out through the blinker hole.</span>

Here is the tool I used. You can get these from almost any hardware store for around $5. If you are unable to get one of your own, I will ship it to your door for $10.

TOOLS: 10mm socket wrench, pliers, cutters & small pry bar or "L" shaped tool.

REMOVAL OF HEADLIGHTS
    ------------------------------------
    1st: Remove the grill (held on by 6 black plastic clips)
    <span style='color:red'>tip: When putting the grill back, remember to snap the black plastic clips into the grill first.</span>
    2nd: Remove all 4 bulbs from the headlight assembly. (front and blinkers)
    3rd: Use a 10mm socket wrench to remove the headlight bolts.
    4th: Pull out the headlights.

CLEARING THE CORNERS
    -----------------------------------
    1st: Use a prybar or anything else to get under the orange plastic piece to pull on it until it breaks or pops out.
    <span style='color:red'>tip: Wrap the prybar with duct tape to prevent scratching.</span>
    2nd: Brake all the pieces you can until all of it has popped out from the clear housing. (like a rattle toy)
    3rd: Use the pliers and cutters to cut/brake the pieces and pull them out through the blinker socket.

DONE.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyforger View Post
    >sees intro thread
    >a wild donk appears
    >it claims an 8G
    >all hope is lost

NOPE.avi
    It is a galant well always be a galant it well NEVER be a 75 chevy(Donk) so why call it one...
    Oh yea Nice welcome to a new comer on the fourm
    -Dirty South-

Ok, I get it now.

Well I applaud you and your buddy for wanting to be different.

A few cosmetic changes that are virtually free are the clear corner mod and the clear reverse light mod. Basically what you do is remove the lamp and through the hole for the bulb you reach in with needle nose pliers and remove the stripes on the back up light portion and the amber reflector in the corner of the headlight. You can see the car in my sig has the amber reflector removed for a cleaner look.

And I took this from Ivory-g's build thread.

Dosent seem hard at all to do harder to find a warm day to play with her already planned on tradeing the rims for some racing rims that would be much more durable even though the 20's look amazing on her since we touched the center cap up recently

It is a galant well always be a galant it well NEVER be a 75 chevy(Donk) so why call it one...
    Oh yea Nice welcome to a new comer on the fourm
    LOL these comments geek me out i read em but i dont reply its quite entertaining TBH

Dosent seem hard at all to do harder to find a warm day to play with her already planned on tradeing the rims for some racing rims that would be much more durable even though the 20's look amazing on her since we touched the center cap up recently
    I vote that you get some green 19s or black 19s with a green lip or vice versa

LOL these comments geek me out i read em but i dont reply its quite entertaining TBH
    I really dont see what the big deal is honestly its just like any other two tone car thats been on this forum except its brighter and has vinyls on it.
    Last edited by Redhaze; 02-29-2012 at 11:27 PM
    -Dirty South-

Experienced TGC Member johnygezony's Avatar
    At first I thought this was a troll
    Then I Proceeded to do the following
    LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Two toned with 20s no one looked down on him.

So why look down on this guy because his paint is bright with vinyls? and his wheels arent as stylish. Well thats his whole reason for joining this forum to seek help on improvements not harsh comments on how Fugly you think it is

I bet you that if ericabla had blackberry on the side of his car itll still look good
    Last edited by Redhaze; 02-29-2012 at 11:40 PM
    -Dirty South-

Two toned with 20s no one looked down on him.

So why look down on this guy because his paint is bright with vinyls? and his wheels arent as stylish. Well thats his whole reason for joining this forum to seek help on improvements not harsh comments on how Fugly you think it is

I bet you that if ericabla had blackberry on the side of his car itll still look good
    This comment was on point couldent of explaned it anybetter

Quote Originally Posted by Skyforger View Post
    >sees intro thread
    >a wild donk appears
    >it claims an 8G
    >all hope is lost

NOPE.avi
    Obviously, your misconception of "Donk" was mislead.

I'm not gonna sugar coat it, but from someone who was against lowering his vehicle, puts "illest" stickers on the back window, racing stripes on the front fender on relatively stock bodied car should not write comments that insults another man's taste. If you don't like it, then don't comment. Kinda makes you wonder why I never commented on your ride. Shit like that pisses me off and another reason why I keep my distance here now.

Hey OP, good luck on the build, get the electrical wires sorted out, and invest in a decent camera for better pictures

Quote Originally Posted by G-spot View Post
    Obviously, your misconception of "Donk" was mislead.

I'm not gonna sugar coat it, but from someone who was against lowering his vehicle, puts "illest" stickers on the back window, racing stripes on the front fender on relatively stock bodied car should not write comments that insults another man's taste. If you don't like it, then don't comment. Kinda makes you wonder why I never commented on your ride. Shit like that pisses me off and another reason why I keep my distance here now.

Hey OP, good luck on the build, get the electrical wires sorted out, and invest in a decent camera for better pictures
    You just made my day haha pretty curious of how there fitting 24's on those galants from what it looks like had no luck finding any kind of bodylifts was thinking they might of did some modifications to the wheel wells, You wouldent happen to know how they are fitting those rims would ya blows my mind..

I wouldnt do it my man your transmission well be crying and youll be buying a new sourpatch car/tranny sooner then you expect. when i put my 20s on, my car already revs higher before shifting showing strain on my tranny i can only imagine what 24s do. and i drive slow for the most part when i have them on right now im rolling on steelies.
    Last edited by Redhaze; 03-01-2012 at 12:40 AM
    -Dirty South-

I wouldnt do it my man your transmission well be crying and youll be buying a new sourpatch car/tranny sooner then you expect. when i put my 20s on, my car already revs higher before shifting showing strain on my tranny i can only imagine what 24s do. and i drive slow for the most part when i have them on right now im rolling on steelies.
    How bad do you rub on your 20s with people in the car? I need to fix that friend mentioned some blocks

I used to have 20's and I never rubbed, no matter how many people were in the car or how hard I hit a dip. And I was lowered on coil overs.

How bad do you rub on your 20s with people in the car? I need to fix that friend mentioned some blocks
    I rub the rear suspension on big bumps RARELY i also have 5mm spacers but ill fix it completely this summer with a camber kit i also have my fenders rolled.
    Last edited by Redhaze; 03-01-2012 at 12:56 AM
    -Dirty South-

I used to have 20's and I never rubbed, no matter how many people were in the car or how hard I hit a dip. And I was lowered on coil overs.
    Hm seems like im going to have to do that not much into lowering though dosent make the cars look or sound that good when they hit the speed bumps or a good dip into a parking lot/driveway and it about takes the front bumper off LOL Just a personal prefrence to have my cars sit as high as most trucks ;]

roll your guards flat and put in some stiff coilovers and you'll be sweet

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast