The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Here to take my 03 Galant to the next level..

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Showing results 41 to 60 of 63
    ^^ Given the circumstances you mentioned, I never rubbed. I prefer a lower center of gravity for better handling, I hate to take a corner and feel like i'm gonna tip over. Now I'm on 18's.

Id say leave the lifted car seen to the old school cars and trucks
    -Dirty South-

They See Me Rollin They Hating -Riding Dirty-
    Quote Originally Posted by oakrdrs187 View Post
    It dont smell or anything so F it.

Quote Originally Posted by Redhaze View Post
    Id say leave the lifted car seen to the old school cars and trucks
    Yea i hear ya i hate when people do it to classics though i never go fast enough to flip LOL imagine the hate id get from here grinding the heck out of the wheel wells repainting where its been worked getting some coilovers stronger tranny and slappin some 24's or maybe brainstormin and finding a way to put some 26 inch two tone floaters on the galant bet the speedo would be way off haha!!

And this is why I don't come here anymore.

I get similar more subtle flack about my VR4 :)

OP, have you considered swapping to a 99-01 Front bumper and grill? I noticed with the 02/03 grill you have the bumper purple (?) and the vent things green, it might be a bit cleaner with a black/chrome grill to break up the two colors?

I will say, its different. Hope you enjoy your stay man. I will say, I'd change the wheels, but I wouldn't necessarily go any smaller. Just a different design could be cooler.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue8g View Post
    OP, have you considered swapping to a 99-01 Front bumper and grill? I noticed with the 02/03 grill you have the bumper purple (?) and the vent things green, it might be a bit cleaner with a black/chrome grill to break up the two colors?

I will say, its different. Hope you enjoy your stay man. I will say, I'd change the wheels, but I wouldn't necessarily go any smaller. Just a different design could be cooler.
    Yea i was thinking it would look much cleaner with a crome grill the only colors on the car are lime green and dark grey besides the crome on the rims
    and the white sourpunch straw words im much more of a brighter color person i love to stand out i have a older friend that does airbrushing the only dark color i like is Garnet/Blood red But my favorite colors has always been lime green/black always loved chrome and Love being noticed..
    Was thinking a body kit would make a worlds diffrence after i get finished with my system.. Any recommendations for a certain body kit?
    Last edited by SourPunchGalant804; 03-01-2012 at 02:28 PM

Quote Originally Posted by Jasmine View Post

I can't imagine anybody dissing that VR4, it's bangin'.

SourPunch, welcome to TGC, if I'm ever down Richmond anytime soon I'll look out (I got family down there). Be different, and definitely stay with the loud sounds. I got a dude that lives in my community with a 9G Ralliart with rims like that (he even color matched his center caps too) but I can never catch up with him, I always miss him, I wanna get him to join, I like his ride. Good luck and keep your maintenance up, she'll last you a good long time.

-Greg

"I smashed up the grey one, bought me a red;
    Every time we hit the parking lot we turn heads!"
    -Pimp C, "International Players Anthem"

Quote Originally Posted by wetamup2k3g View Post

SourPunch, welcome to TGC, if I'm ever down Richmond anytime soon I'll look out (I got family down there). Be different, and definitely stay with the loud sounds. I got a dude that lives in my community with a 9G Ralliart with rims like that (he even color matched his center caps too) but I can never catch up with him, I always miss him, I wanna get him to join, I like his ride. Good luck and keep your maintenance up, she'll last you a good long time.
    What a great post to Log back on to today, Yeah next time you think your going to be around the 804 shoot me a PM im always sourpunch swaggin all over the 804 area LOL, I Planned on making a Video
    sometime soon after Rewire a Few things and getting a little tune up
    Showing everything off definitely got to wipe down my interior had a couple cups knocked over from gettin silly..

You are here entirely tooo much!! Corey2kG's Avatar
    OMG!! He said v4 :D

Welcome dude. I hope you change the collage you got there. If it were me I'd start with a one color paint job.

FreakyDeaky

Quote Originally Posted by sponcar View Post
    Always remember "do you, not them" cuz thats what make you different than others :)
    2kG 6g72/74 5 speed

Quote Originally Posted by wetamup2k3g View Post

Thanks Weta, unfortunately I did get some snarky comments, hence why I stopped posting a while back.

Quote Originally Posted by Corey2kG View Post
    OMG!! He said v4 :D

Welcome dude. I hope you change the collage you got there. If it were me I'd start with a one color paint job.
    Thanks haha dont see the colors changing since i helped the guy paint it as we were building her up green and black has always been my fav colors kind of always been my crews colors, Eventually was going to take it to my friends shop thats pretty good with a fender roller that i trust so i can slap some more chrome on her plan on getting real diffrent with it have to get the chrome grill and all that works small things come first!

Thanks Weta, unfortunately I did get some snarky comments, hence why I stopped posting a while back.
    Dont let the haters get you down! There motivation for me motivation to go all out!

Quote Originally Posted by SourPunchGalant804 View Post
    Dont let the haters get you down! There motivation for me motivation to go all out!
    Oh trust me, nothing's going to stop me modding ;) Just means I don't talk about it here haha. I say each to their own, and who gives a damn if you don't like it? As long as YOU like it that's the main thing!

If you are going to get a chrome grille I think you should also get the 99-01 headlights and do the grille mod so it looks something like this:

Quote Originally Posted by Guzm4n View Post
    If you are going to get a chrome grille I think you should also get the 99-01 headlights and do the grille mod so it looks something like this:

Wow im likeing that i believe im going to do that looks alot more clean then the front of my Galant as of now, How much will it run me to do all that to her?

Quote Originally Posted by SourPunchGalant804 View Post
    Wow im likeing that i believe im going to do that looks alot more clean then the front of my Galant as of now, How much will it run me to do all that to her?
    Member sandiegovr4 has the oem grill and headlights for sale, $30 for grill $30 for lights. Bumper if bought new will run you about $130 off ebay. Then just do some paint and bolt it all up.

Really? You don't come here because some people have different taste in what they do with their own money? Pretty silly reason don't you think?

At the end of the day, its about the people, the community, the friendships developed, and the cars are secondary.

Experienced TGC Member OMEGA PHX's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RedGalant2k1 View Post
    Really? You don't come here because some people have different taste in what they do with their own money? Pretty silly reason don't you think?

At the end of the day, its about the people, the community, the friendships developed, and the cars are secondary.
    She was referring to the flaming and criticizing because of the different tastes we are all on the same side here..

4g64T 5spd

Quote Originally Posted by OMEGA PHX View Post
    She was referring to the flaming and criticizing because of the different tastes we are all on the same side here..
    Even still, if you are happy with it, who cares, why leave because some people don't like what you have done?

As Omega said - There's not liking, that's everyone's prerogative and then there's flaming. I prefer a friendlier community. So I am happy with it, hence I keep doing what I do, I just now don't post here about it, and that is my choice. I've posted in other forums and haven't had the reactions I've had here.

But you're right, why leave if you're unhappy right? That makes sense...
    Last edited by Jasmine; 03-02-2012 at 11:34 AM

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast