The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: galant

Showing results 1 to 2 of 2

Icon4 galant

hi there i just wanted to get some information...

today i replace the parts in my car which they are
    crankshaft sensor
    timing belt
    harmonic balancer

because last week my car completly stoped on the road..when i came home i put the car on scanner and it was crankshaft sensor that caused a problem..so i took the car apart,so than when i was parting out the car,i found multiple stuff bad..harmonic balancer was broken inside the second balace thing...and the timing belt was skipped 3 places from a marking point,,when i installed new parts in the car,i start the car,the car engine was shaking,,than i decided to take the car on the road test,when i put in the reverse gear,the car was shaking so bad,,and even if i put car in drive,i still getting shaking..so i just want your opinion what could be causing a car from shaking,,can it be bend a valve,,or my harmonic balancer,,because when i took out my original harmonic balancer and i compare with a new one..my original balancer comes with a two pieces,,one is harmonic balancer and small circle glued with a rubber inside..this is link from a original harmonic balancer from my car...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...vip=true&rt=nc

and this link is the harmonic balancer that i purchased..and you can tell me the difference between original harmonic balancer...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Harmonic...1599f1&vxp=mtr

and is it possible that this harmonic balancers causing shaking from the engine

thanks

It's possible that by having the timing off buy 3 notches it damaged something that is coming up now that the timing is correct, and the H Balancer is well, not "balancing"
    When I replaced my H. Balancer I bought one from Autozone, and right away I noticed it was like my OEM balancer so I returned it and got an OEM one. The diameter wasn't exact and the belt wouldn't fit, it had the same number of 'ribs' but the belt didn't sit flush and popped off.