The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Hey all, new owner here! :)

Showing results 1 to 2 of 2

Hey all, new owner here! :)

Hey guys and gals, my name is Joe, and I recently acquired a 2001 Galant LS. It's a bit of an interesting car in my opinion, in that the 3.0L 24V 6G72 in this car is a SOHC, as opposed to the DOHC found in my 3000GT.
    I've been a Mitsubishi owner since 2008, purchasing a '91 3000GT SL as a project, and I've been hooked ever since. I even got a tattoo of the logo on my sternum.
    I'm a major gamer, so everyone with an xbox 360 feel free to add my gamertag: Blue91SL. We'll play some Forza and have fun! :)
    I'm also a junkyard hunter, so if you need anything, let me know! I can find almost anything.
    I live in South Carolina, and I'd be interested in seeing how many owners live around here. I'd love to get a group of 3000GT/Stealth and Galant owners together to start a local Mitsu club. :)

I do have a few questions, if anyone has the time to answer them.
    Are the stock spark plugs on the V6 the same NGK Platinum plugs that are in the 3000GT? If so, I'm in luck! :)
    Now, what is the name and color code of this color? I've seen a few different chips, and they just don't look right without seeing it on a car.

Lastly, my car is making an odd noise. I've never had this happen before, so I'm wondering if it's a model-exclusive issue. When I first start the car, and put it in gear (doesn't matter which direction), the car makes a deep vibrating sound on the passenger side. After hitting a certain RPM, it goes away, only to come back when I come to a stop. It does it for a moment when I pull away, then once the car warms up it doesn't do it anymore! I can't figure it out at all. I thought it might be the brakes, but I've never heard brakes make that sound. I was thinking maybe CV axle... opinions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks for reading everybody, I hope I get to know all of you very well in the coming months. :)

wttgc

you can find the color code for 1998 - present by finding this label (they vary, but should look similar)

usually found inside engine bay area by firewall or on the radiator support

they are usually shown as three or four digit number on the vehicle, such as G13 or F24A
    Last edited by freakydeaky; 03-15-2012 at 10:41 AM