The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: TGC Cookie Cutter?

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 98

TGC Cookie Cutter?

What is with TGC lately? If anyone varies from the standard JDM front or US with eBay lip, lowering springs and wheels they're immediately trashed. Why is this all of a sudden such a common occurrence? Where is the originality this site once had?

Is there now a template that all members of TGC must follow? As someone with a good sized collection of infractions was this a secret decision in some zone of the site I'm prohibited from?

I can't act like I'm an innocent bystander, I'm guilty of being more of a douchebag than almost anyone on this site, but I was always a douchebag, and my stance on things has always had a consistent perspective. Lately though, people that used to claim they would not follow any of the 'trends' are some of the harshest critics of those who vary from the trends.

What happened to modifying one's car for one's self? Is that a lost art or are the desires of all members of TGC exactly the same? When I first joined this site in late 2008, I could likely the count the number of people with each JDM front on one hand and outside of S-Line/Cali, no one had the Vogue lip. A couple people had Liberal grills, a larger number had the world-spec tails. Now its probably easier to count the number of people without one of those things than those with them.

Has modding cars shifted from something you do for you to something you do for the approval of some random dudes on the internet? Why not do something that will get you made fun of on the forums if you like it? The next few parts I'm about to buy for the Fit will likely garner a huge amount of flaming but you know what? Each time I see/use them, I'm going to be like: “Fck yeah, this is rad” and that matters a lot more than getting +5 internet cool points.

Just a little side note, what's with the sudden gushing over the 8gB front? When I joined, and really up until the last 3 months, that has been the black sheep of the Galant world, even more so than body kits (IMO) and now it seems like people with other fronts want to convert to it, or if they have the 8gB front they don't want to mess with it?

Now please note, I'm not trying to act though I'm not guilty of being a dick to people who do things that I see/saw as stupid, however if some one's car is world's cooler than mine ever was/is/will be, I'm not going to scold them for not doing things exactly as I'd do them. My distaste was also often directed at the choice of poor quality/replica parts, not necessarily at their choice of that modding direction in general.

I also am not saying my car was original, it was far from it. It was what I wanted though, a car that looked like it had some special sport package from the factory, and I feel I executed that to a T.

/rant

I hope this is coherent, but its likely not, and IDGAF at this point.
    Last edited by Blue8g; 03-03-2012 at 06:54 PM

Completely coherent and completely agree. Why follow everyone else? That's why I generally have the only Legnum at car shows in amongst Subies and Evos :) I mod how I like and a lot of people don't like it, but really IDGAF and I will keep doing it as I like it, not to follow the trends of what's popular.

funny story, I started modding my Galant specifically because I never heard of anyone else modding them (this is pre Cardomain, pre Galanttuners, pre everything), I will still never follow any trends with modifying in terms of styling, performance is a different story for me as there is a finite number of drop in engines I can use, I'll just use a known shortblock thank you very much, everything else will be my own
    you modify a car to make it your own, by definition, you should never have to fit into a mold
    Last edited by foxbrand; 03-03-2012 at 07:47 PM

no cookie cutter my way ill always be riding on my 20s. till the tranny hits the floor
    Last edited by Redhaze; 03-03-2012 at 08:01 PM
    -Dirty South-

They See Me Rollin They Hating -Riding Dirty-
    Quote Originally Posted by oakrdrs187 View Post
    It dont smell or anything so F it.

PREACH!

blue8G i tip my hat to you .
    My project is YardDog cause i bought it from my sister when she said she was junkin it for $50 :)i had been trying for 7 years to get thi car off her and i only got it cause she killed it .
    so i mod my car with whatever i can get my hands on and will be an improvent i got burned for my t25 but im like shit it was free and it make more boost than an air filter.
    So i agree completely with above statements

people gotta focus. We are all car enthusiasts we just like/can afford different parts

but we got a lot to offer each other
    and thats what a .org is about an orginization

peace

P.S. > Blue8G > i like my estrellas and when i can afford wheels i'm getting the same wheels in 17" i got those off a crx at the yard for the tires .

and again real sh*t
    Shout out to anyone that still uses hand tools for their work
    With elbow grease for power and determination for a battery

Maybe your broke maybe your old school

Me I'm a lil of both

I clicked on this link thinking someone made a cookie cutter in the shape of a Galant and I was gonna buy one

who gives a fuck.
    its the internet bro.

Quote Originally Posted by qnz View Post
    I clicked on this link thinking someone made a cookie cutter in the shape of a Galant and I was gonna buy one
    lulz

Quote Originally Posted by dknight3 View Post
    who gives a fuck.
    its the internet bro.
    You're acting as though I spent some significant amount of time typing this up, bro.

This was 3 minutes of putting off writing a research paper.

I agree with what you are saying Cody. Your are going to hate me for this but ever since seeing uncle paulies car I want a prefacelift bumper with a facelift grill to me it seems sooooo sexy

I just like the jdm look =)

haha I did the same thing!

Lancer/EvolutionX Rotor Glow Paint
    6g74 Forged Engine w/ hx40 turbo
    Eclipse GT 5 spd swapped

Rotor Glow Galant
    Daily Galant
    OZ Edition Eclipse

Quote Originally Posted by Blue8g View Post
    lulz

You're acting as though I spent some significant amount of time typing this up, bro.

This was 3 minutes of putting off writing a research paper.
    I just like how you downplay how much you actually sat there and thought out this entire post, every response that may be posted, and some how are thoroughly happy that it seems to have accomplished something.

Don't forget who consistently lets most things go here (me), and after YOU asked me to let you back, and I did. Are you telling me I should not have be so nice and understanding?

I'm really still unsure why so many folks who've since migrated to other websites seem to have such a vendetta for TGC. Especially considering some of the folks who run these other websites sought to quite literally sabotage TGC, its community base, and its actual server operation (Reggie). But what would you know about what has gone on behind closed doors...you wouldn't.

All you would have heard is the bad from numerous people that can't handle the real reasons they aren't here anymore, and you know what...TGC is better off. It was never a tech-only oriented site. Do you realize that eventually with the size of something things change? Users change, people move on, cars get sold, wrecked. As such the entire website goes through changes, all the time.

Not to mention most 9G Galants are still taking near $10k or better used. And our beloved 8G even the newest ones are near 10 years old now. How many are left in the hands of people that cared for them like your had for your blue Galant? Not many. Even worse with C3G or even C4G, no one wants the Eclipse anymore, it is old, outdated, antiquated machinery.

But lets let all that go...

As for the multitude of JDM-ness well, you do remember Cali helped produce reproduction bumpers that most of those people have, or can go to Cali and still purchase right?

The shear desire to have what not many others have is what drives any automotive related business. That is why I'd originally bought the BFG KDW2s, to this day, I believe the only other people who'd ever bought those besides me was IcedOut.

You know you GAF, otherwise you wouldn't have posted...

I'm not sure how you think that was an attack on TGC itself in anyway? This is a commentary on some of the membership, not a reflection on the staff or any of their actions. And I'm not sure what the middle section of your post is all about?

That is true, but is it necessary for everyone to hop on the JDM bandwagon? I can give specific examples of people saying they'd never do those cookie cutter mods to their car and now tell every new member to do just that.

And the 3 minutes comment was not trying to downplay something, that's how long it took.

Things change, what else can I say?

Isn't it the same across import forums, like Honda EK for example. If it isn't JDM or SiR it's out. A dude will get flamed for projector headlights because they aren't JDM Stanleys...

Matter fact, this goes on at my buddys shop day in and day out. Dudes will come in with a buddy to drop off his car and they bash him in-front of me and the owner for altezzas, a bodykit and projectors.

I too thought you made "T" "G" "C" Cookie cutters Cody, I would have bought a set.....Damn! LOL!

what are you talking about? everything you just wrote was utter bs. do you not get enough attention in real life?

LOL. Me too, guess I am hungry. Thought was gonna be able to make some galant shaped pancakes next weekend.
    Jason - - cofounder of TGCNY
    click banner to enter the NY Chapter

2001 Galant ES
    2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Special Edition

So I'm not alone in thinking some delicious cookies were about to be had......

I say do you, your car, your cash, your vision. Be safe, have fun!

Now I want some snickerdoodles....

-Greg

"I smashed up the grey one, bought me a red;
    Every time we hit the parking lot we turn heads!"
    -Pimp C, "International Players Anthem"

so this isnt a groupbuy for some tgc cookie cutters?

Quote Originally Posted by xd_01 View Post
    so this isnt a groupbuy for some tgc cookie cutters?
    Sadly, no. :(

-Chris-

2003 Mitsubishi Galant ES 2.4L SOHC: "Octavia"
    2005 Honda Accord EX-L Coupe 2.4L DOHC

Quote Originally Posted by XxGiRLaNT06xX View Post
    From the looks of the girl, her face isnt that great.. nothing a paper bag couldnt fix... amirite?

WHY IS THERE ALWAYS A LAME LIKE THIS ON FORUMS!! ALSO WHAT DO U HAVE THATS SO SPECIAL OR SETS U APART FROM OTHERS?O THE TAMPON ON WHEELS ANY WAYS IF U AINT WRENCHING OR SPENDING DOLLARS ON UR G U SHOULDNT criticizing OTHERS ABOUT HOW THEY DO THEM,U NEED TO DO U

SO BROFIST TO ALL WHO WORK HARD ON THERE G
    STAY READY AND YOU WONT HAVE TO GET READY!!

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast