The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: TGC Cookie Cutter?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Showing results 21 to 40 of 98
    I think this is a great idea...im going to look into the cookie cutters :)

Experienced TGC Member XxGiRLaNT06xX's Avatar
    Lol I'll totally buy the cookie cutters Now I want cookies.

* Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk <3 *

2011 Ibis White Audi S4
    *When you turn your car on ... does it return the favor?*
    Quote Originally Posted by galantlvr34 View Post
    The thread got big fast because Ally is the bomb lol.

Quote Originally Posted by RedGalant2k1 View Post
    I think this is a great idea...im going to look into the cookie cutters :)
    I'll buy some!

-Chris-

2003 Mitsubishi Galant ES 2.4L SOHC: "Octavia"
    2005 Honda Accord EX-L Coupe 2.4L DOHC

Quote Originally Posted by XxGiRLaNT06xX View Post
    From the looks of the girl, her face isnt that great.. nothing a paper bag couldnt fix... amirite?

BLUE I HAVE TO AGREE, ill mod my car the way I want it. Why would I want to pay 300$ for a Cai when I can get one for 30$ on eBay and still perform the same, its just pipe with a filter,

I'm abit anoyed about not getting any rep at all because I don't have jdm parts, duck jdm

It's a bloody trend with the old timers on here mainly, they dont like what you did to your car unless its jdm,

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by finald8ta; 03-04-2012 at 09:28 AM
    MODS

5 speed swap
    Eibach Pro Kit on GR2 Struts
    Cold Air Intake
    Outlander Intake Manifold
    6G72 V6 Throttle Body
    6G72 V6 Fuel Pump
    Axle Back Exhaust (ebay)
    Evo Fuel Rail
    Evo Radiator
    Rear Disc Swap
    Prothane Motor Mount Inserts

im getting 25mpg city and 30mpg highway untuned!!!

Quote Originally Posted by galant1983 View Post
    WHY IS THERE ALWAYS A LAME LIKE THIS ON FORUMS!! ALSO WHAT DO U HAVE THATS SO SPECIAL OR SETS U APART FROM OTHERS?O THE TAMPON ON WHEELS ANY WAYS IF U AINT WRENCHING OR SPENDING DOLLARS ON UR G U SHOULDNT criticizing OTHERS ABOUT HOW THEY DO THEM,U NEED TO DO U

SO BROFIST TO ALL WHO WORK HARD ON THERE G
    wat. I could not decipher any of this.

Quote Originally Posted by Reelax View Post
    what are you talking about? everything you just wrote was utter bs. do you not get enough attention in real life?
    Please explain to me how this is all BS. And I'd say I get enough in real life, I'm just posting something that I've noticed.

Lol I'll totally buy the cookie cutters Now I want cookies.

* Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk <3 *

Craving, are we? hahah
    Jason - - cofounder of TGCNY
    click banner to enter the NY Chapter

2001 Galant ES
    2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Special Edition

Experienced TGC Member XxGiRLaNT06xX's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mrjaydeeone View Post
    Craving, are we? hahah
    HAHA alwaaays

I'm pretty handy when it comes to baking.. i'll make a mean Galant cookie! LOL

2011 Ibis White Audi S4
    *When you turn your car on ... does it return the favor?*
    Quote Originally Posted by galantlvr34 View Post
    The thread got big fast because Ally is the bomb lol.

HAHA alwaaays

I'm pretty handy when it comes to baking.. i'll make a mean Galant cookie! LOL
    Staten Island isn't far from me...TGC cookie meet? Fuck yeah! LOL

-Chris-

2003 Mitsubishi Galant ES 2.4L SOHC: "Octavia"
    2005 Honda Accord EX-L Coupe 2.4L DOHC

From the looks of the girl, her face isnt that great.. nothing a paper bag couldnt fix... amirite?

You are here entirely tooo much!! IVORY_G's Avatar
    I have to agree with you Cody, but I think its a problem across the board with tuners in general these days.
    Like in the Altima forum Im on, if you dont have the SE-R tails, an S5 grille, and a big drop on you car, than its ugly. Im also on the Tahoe/Yukon Forums, and if you dont have your truck lowered than everyone on the forum will tell you that you should lower it. WTF? Its a truck! I dont want to lower it, I wanna be able to drive off road if I had to, or hop curbs and fly over speed bumps if I so please. If I want to drive something lowered I'd hop in my car and go sideways into every driveway and over every speedbump!

Same thing goes on here, when I first modded my 8G I had chrome 19"s, chrome door pillars, no drop, smoked tails, and all USDM parts. I didnt get that much love because for some reason people have this thing against chrome for whatever reason. I dont, I liked it, and still like it to this day.
    Then I bought the 4G eclipse wheels to give my tranny a break from the 19"s. Thats when I started liking the performance look for my car instead of what I had before. Then the JDM bug bit me, because I started noticing how good it looked on our cars, and not many people had it back in '08. So I did it because I wanted to, and I thought it would look good. Then all of the sudden every one begins to like my car, go figure...
    Fast forward to now, I went for the whole JDM exterior look, but now damn near everyone has it. For some reason some people act like you cant make the USDM look good. Which is untrue, you can, it just takes a lil more creativity, a lil more research, and a lot less money. But members have become so fixated on one "cookie cutter" look and impose it on everyone else. If someone posts a picture for us to look at, granted its open to be scrutinized and criticized of our opinion, no doubt. But dont flame someone or talk $hit if they dont agree with your opinion. Let the member listen to everyones ideas good or bad, and come up with their own conclusion without be being bullied into it.
    Yes they are certain things that dont look good on our cars, granted, but at the end of the day its all subjective.
    JDM Zenki Conversion

Lazy hands make for poverty, but diligent hands bring wealth. (Proverbs 10:4 NIV)

Quote Originally Posted by IVORY_G View Post
    I have to agree with you Cody, but I think its a problem across the board with tuners in general these days.
    Like in the Altima forum Im on, if you dont have the SE-R tails, an S5 grille, and a big drop on you car, than its ugly. Im also on the Tahoe/Yukon Forums, and if you dont have your truck lowered than everyone on the forum will tell you that you should lower it. WTF? Its a truck! I dont want to lower it, I wanna be able to drive off road if I had to, or hop curbs and fly over speed bumps if I so please. If I want to drive something lowered I'd hop in my car and go sideways into every driveway and over every speedbump!

Same thing goes on here, when I first modded my 8G I had chrome 19"s, chrome door pillars, no drop, smoked tails, and all USDM parts. I didnt get that much love because for some reason people have this thing against chrome for whatever reason. I dont, I liked it, and still like it to this day.
    Then I bought the 4G eclipse wheels to give my tranny a break from the 19"s. Thats when I started liking the performance look for my car instead of what I had before. Then the JDM bug bit me, because I started noticing how good it looked on our cars, and not many people had it back in '08. So I did it because I wanted to, and I thought it would look good. Then all of the sudden every one begins to like my car, go figure...
    Fast forward to now, I went for the whole JDM exterior look, but now damn near everyone has it. For some reason some people act like you cant make the USDM look good. Which is untrue, you can, it just takes a lil more creativity, a lil more research, and a lot less money. But members have become so fixated on one "cookie cutter" look and impose it on everyone else. If someone posts a picture for us to look at, granted its open to be scrutinized and criticized of our opinion, no doubt. But dont flame someone or talk $hit if they dont agree with your opinion. Let the member listen to everyones ideas good or bad, and come up with their own conclusion without be being bullied into it.
    Yes they are certain things that dont look good on our cars, granted, but at the end of the day its all subjective.
    I think the issue becomes even bigger when the aftermarket is limited. I mean oakdrs has a point with the Honda Civic, but there are a number of paths one can still go. With the G/Altima, modding isn't commonplace so there aren't >9000 lips/body kits/etc.

And I have to say.

Chrome FTW.

I want some chrome 16x8 VS-KF so bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue8g View Post
    I think the issue becomes even bigger when the aftermarket is limited. I mean oakdrs has a point with the Honda Civic, but there are a number of paths one can still go. With the G/Altima, modding isn't commonplace so there aren't >9000 lips/body kits/etc.

And I have to say.

Chrome FTW.

I want some chrome 16x8 VS-KF so bad.
    LOL! True, there is a lot less options for our cars. And I think the big wave of JDM junkies has come because now these JDM parts are a lot more accessible and affordable then they were in the previous years. Which forced the members back then to come up with other ideas since they maybe couldnt afford JDM parts.
    JDM Zenki Conversion

Lazy hands make for poverty, but diligent hands bring wealth. (Proverbs 10:4 NIV)

Quote Originally Posted by Blue8g View Post
    Preach!
    Lol!
    JDM Zenki Conversion

Did someone say cookie???

00 Galant ES Turbo/5-Speed
    13 GTR

I think that if someone made a FS thread for TGC cookie cutters, it would be the most successful FS thread in the marketplace...

Comments like this is what drives people away from forums

Quote Originally Posted by Skyforger View Post
    >sees intro thread
    >a wild donk appears
    >it claims an 8G
    >all hope is lost
    >nuke fired from secret government satellite
    >it's the only way to make sure

NOPE.avi
    Last edited by G-spot; 03-04-2012 at 11:35 PM

Quote Originally Posted by G-spot View Post
    Thank you pete for doing this. One of the most guilty persons trying to get everyone on the JDM bandwagon

Quote Originally Posted by G-spot View Post
    Agreed, as well as comments like these:

Quote Originally Posted by Reelax View Post
    what are you talking about? everything you just wrote was utter bs. do you not get enough attention in real life?
    JDM Zenki Conversion

Quote Originally Posted by IVORY_G View Post
    Agreed, as well as comments like these:
    you don't have any idea what i was getting at, but as the comment was not directed at you, i won't bother explaining it.

there are little skirmishes that happen on this board because members get their feelings hurt by other members then decide to chase each other through threads. this is nothing new... i've moderated this board for 10+ years so i've seen it too many times to count. alot of times it is caused by a member that begins their membership by asking beginner questions, gets helped by more senior members, then over months or years, after asking some more and reading and reading becomes more knowledgeable (as is what should happen from reading and reading). the problems start when that member believes they are now an "expert", downing anything they deem to be unworthy of their standards, often in a dismissive tone. finally that member starts making statements purely to insult other members, thinly disguising it as help or simple commentary or observation; back handed compliments become abundant. this is what truly drives members away from a board.

for the most part the truly knowledgeable members (the ones who have actually done the work and the research) just avoid these skirmishes as they are not productive and are often times just caused by member instigating confrontation with a controversial statement meant to illicit a negative reaction.

when a member receives advice or criticism, they should look at what that person offering the advice has done, to their own ride and for the community, before deciding to follow that advice or be affected by that criticism. of course we don't all have the same resources, and taste is subjective, honesty shouldn't be confused with insult and vice versa.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast