The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: TGC Cookie Cutter?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Showing results 41 to 60 of 98
    So is anyone came up with a cookie cutter design yet???

this thread is literately bouncing all over the place with subjects....
    -Dirty South-

They See Me Rollin They Hating -Riding Dirty-
    Quote Originally Posted by oakrdrs187 View Post
    It dont smell or anything so F it.

Quote Originally Posted by Redhaze View Post
    this thread is literately bouncing all over the place with subjects....
    You know you want a custom Galant cookie cutter...lol

-Chris-

2003 Mitsubishi Galant ES 2.4L SOHC: "Octavia"
    2005 Honda Accord EX-L Coupe 2.4L DOHC

Quote Originally Posted by XxGiRLaNT06xX View Post
    From the looks of the girl, her face isnt that great.. nothing a paper bag couldnt fix... amirite?

You are here entirely tooo much!! IVORY_G's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Reelax View Post
    you don't have any idea what i was getting at, but as the comment was not directed at you, i won't bother explaining it.

there are little skirmishes that happen on this board because members get their feelings hurt by other members then decide to chase each other through threads. this is nothing new... i've moderated this board for 10+ years so i've seen it too many times to count. alot of times it is caused by a member that begins their membership by asking beginner questions, gets helped by more senior members, then over months or years, after asking some more and reading and reading becomes more knowledgeable (as is what should happen from reading and reading). the problems start when that member believes they are now an "expert", downing anything they deem to be unworthy of their standards, often in a dismissive tone. finally that member starts making statements purely to insult other members, thinly disguising it as help or simple commentary or observation; back handed compliments become abundant. this is what truly drives members away from a board.

for the most part the truly knowledgeable members (the ones who have actually done the work and the research) just avoid these skirmishes as they are not productive and are often times just caused by member instigating confrontation with a controversial statement meant to illicit a negative reaction.

when a member receives advice or criticism, they should look at what that person offering the advice has done, to their own ride and for the community, before deciding to follow that advice or be affected by that criticism. of course we don't all have the same resources, and taste is subjective, honesty shouldn't be confused with insult and vice versa.
    It was still uncalled for... For you to denounce his thoughts or ideas simply because you don't agree with them is childish and immature. And then to take a shot at his "personal life" when you know nothing about this man, nor have you ever met him in real life. IMO as a Moderator you should not make comments such as those since you are expected to be the one to set a "good example" for the rest of the community. There is a lucid way to do things that involve using more tact than you did.
    JDM Zenki Conversion

Lazy hands make for poverty, but diligent hands bring wealth. (Proverbs 10:4 NIV)

Quote Originally Posted by IVORY_G View Post
    It was still uncalled for... For you to denounce his thoughts or ideas simply because you don't agree with them is childish and immature. And then to take a shot at his "personal life" when you know nothing about this man, nor have you ever met him in real life. IMO as a Moderator you should not make comments such as those since you are expected to be the one to set a "good example" for the rest of the community. There is a lucid way to do things that involve using more tact than you did.
    i didn't even address his "points" as being valid or not. to me the original post was simply to start an argument, not to cause anything positive. do you really think the motivation for this topic and placing it in "customizing" not "off topic" was innocent and pure? don't be naive. those are things as a moderator that i have to be aware of, as well as past posting histories.

Experienced TGC Member Galantfan88's Avatar
    You have got to be kidding me....I got excited for no reason. I thought there really was a cookie cutter of a Galant. Damn!!!

Evo 8 ECU / 5 Speed Swap / Fully Built Forged Motor
    Turbonetics Turbo T31 Stage 3 / RPW Stage 3 Camshaft

i didn't even address his "points" as being valid or not. to me the original post was simply to start an argument, not to cause anything positive. do you really think the motivation for this topic and placing it in "customizing" not "off topic" was innocent and pure? don't be naive. those are things as a moderator that i have to be aware of, as well as past posting histories.
    You did attempt to invalidate his opinion or "points" as you call it when you said:
    what are you talking about? everything you just wrote was utter bs...
    His original post was made to express his opinion to the forum, on what can be considered a controversial topic. Nothing he did/said was out of line or out of context. Granted he could have placed it in the "Off Topic" forum, but the conversation is still relevant to the "Customizing your 8G" forum IMO.
    If you were that concerned about the placement of the thread in the incorrect forum, it would be quite easy for you to move it to the correct forum, and I would think you would have mentioned that in the first place.
    At any rate Im done wasting my time with this conversation.
    JDM Zenki Conversion

Lazy hands make for poverty, but diligent hands bring wealth. (Proverbs 10:4 NIV)

You did attempt to invalidate his opinion or "points" as you call it when you said:

His original post was made to express his opinion to the forum, on what can be considered a controversial topic. Nothing he did/said was out of line or out of context. Granted he could have placed it in the "Off Topic" forum, but the conversation is still relevant to the "Customizing your 8G" forum IMO.
    If you were that concerned about the placement of the thread in the incorrect forum, it would be quite easy for you to move it to the correct forum, and I would think you would have mentioned that in the first place.
    At any rate Im done wasting my time with this conversation.
    you are wasting your time. how are you more offended by my post that had nothing to do with you, whereas the OP which includes you?

How does my OP include Ivory? He had JDM front before I even got here and has never tried to force JDM front on anyone. He's one of the few who won't mug someone for considering a body kit.

The OP seemed to upset you more than it did anyone else, and I'm not sure why.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue8g View Post
    How does my OP include Ivory? He had JDM front before I even got here and has never tried to force JDM front on anyone. He's one of the few who won't mug someone for considering a body kit.

don't feign innocence. you have habitually insulted members on this board in attempts at self aggrandizement to the point that your credibility as an impartial observer are suspect. remember, i have dealt with this behavior since long before you were ever a member and it happens in cycles over and over. you have learned volumes since you first became a member and have had your taste levels improved by the community, but your new opinions are not the end all be all that you would hope to project.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue8g View Post

QfT
    JDM Zenki Conversion

QfT
    the op basically called oem jdm front ended cars, or USDM front ended cars with a lip on this site, "standard" and un-creative, cookie cutter creations, further states that is the TGC template, and that it is easier to count the cars without those things. you agree with that?

the op basically called oem jdm front ended cars, or USDM front ended cars with a lip on this site, "standard" and un-creative, cookie cutter creations, further states that is the TGC template, and that it is easier to count the cars without those things. you agree with that?
    Like I already said Im done with this conversation... Its a futile discussion with you.
    JDM Zenki Conversion

Like I already said Im done with this conversation... Its a futile discussion with you.
    good.

good.
    LoL SMH
    JDM Zenki Conversion

Wow guys, really? Who gives a flying fuck? I haven't been on this board that long but I've seen the cycle that Reelax described, it is true. People will continue to have opinions and that is fine. The issue is the way in which people express those opinions. There is no need to be a douche on the internet, talking shit from behind a keyboard. Now I'm not saying that I haven't given people unnecessary crap on this forum, I have, but it's been quite a while and I just don't think it is necessary. The majority of the people on here are grown men and women and I feel as though we need to act as such. Good natured ribbing and insults are very different from "omg, kill it with fire" or "that looks like complete crap". I was just rereading a projector thread that someone started a long time ago and Reelax and Astig were giving him constructive criticism and advice that he just kept ignoring until he made his headlights useless. They didn't insult him, tell him he was a piece of crap, insult his car, they just told him he was doing it wrong. Now on the other hand many of you were here for the "blue shitz" epidemic a while back, and that guy behaved like an ass and got banned.

The point is grow up, share your opinion in a constructive manner or just don't comment. I myself am not a huge fan of bodykits, I like the OEM plus look most of the time, but if someone has a bagged galant with a cyber kit that is well executed, I tip my hat to them.

Oh, and another pet peeve, people who haven't done shit to their own cars really shouldn't be handing out advice left and right and talking like they're preaching from the Bible of galant modifying, that is really aggravating. And enough with this GT vs TGC crap, who cares, they're just car forums, no need to get upset over who runs what or who's a mod here vs. there.
    OZ Rally Crew #001, Quaife Club member :D

Quote Originally Posted by greddy View Post
    Wow guys, really? Who gives a flying fuck? I haven't been on this board that long but I've seen the cycle that Reelax described, it is true. People will continue to have opinions and that is fine. The issue is the way in which people express those opinions. There is no need to be a douche on the internet, talking shit from behind a keyboard. Now I'm not saying that I haven't given people unnecessary crap on this forum, I have, but it's been quite a while and I just don't think it is necessary. The majority of the people on here are grown men and women and I feel as though we need to act as such. Good natured ribbing and insults are very different from "omg, kill it with fire" or "that looks like complete crap". I was just rereading a projector thread that someone started a long time ago and Reelax and Astig were giving him constructive criticism and advice that he just kept ignoring until he made his headlights useless. They didn't insult him, tell him he was a piece of crap, insult his car, they just told him he was doing it wrong. Now on the other hand many of you were here for the "blue shitz" epidemic a while back, and that guy behaved like an ass and got banned.

The point is grow up, share your opinion in a constructive manner or just don't comment. I myself am not a huge fan of bodykits, I like the OEM plus look most of the time, but if someone has a bagged galant with a cyber kit that is well executed, I tip my hat to them.

Oh, and another pet peeve, people who haven't done shit to their own cars really shouldn't be handing out advice left and right and talking like they're preaching from the Bible of galant modifying, that is really aggravating. And enough with this GT vs TGC crap, who cares, they're just car forums, no need to get upset over who runs what or who's a mod here vs. there.
    Well put, sir.

People need to remember that just because you have an opinion doesn't mean you need to share it. If you don't like someones car, either say its not your cup of tea or shut it. If you think something doesnt look good or looks tacky, tell them but not in a demeaning manor. Don't call it "ricey" or "gay".

Also, for the love of God, will someone please make a custom TGC cookie cutter and replicate it for the rest of us!
    Last edited by carl3g; 03-05-2012 at 04:09 PM
    13 Honda Accord EX 6MT

Preach Martin! PREACH!
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

and have had your taste levels improved by the community
    Wat.

Quote Originally Posted by greddy View Post

Oh, now I'm mad.

You are here entirely tooo much!! 99 galant's Avatar
    I don't think it should be a stab at TGC, but honestly, for those of you that don't see it, you're blind. If you don't do JDM, you're not part of the forum. You get bashed, and you know what? It isn't constructive critisim. Its straight up being an ass. I'm not suggesting to brown nose the world, what I am saying is GIVE constructive critisim, don't be all over someone for not going JDM. Help them do their mods correctly to save money, don't force them to be like you.

With that said, I think Cody brings up extremely true and valid points. I think Reelax brings up valid points about the cycle of fights, but this isn't about a fight. This is about the way opinions are stated. Yeah, its the internet, yeah so what? Do you have to allow the comments that you are allowing through as an admin? No.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast