The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: TGC Cookie Cutter?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Showing results 61 to 80 of 98
    Quote Originally Posted by 99 galant View Post
    I don't think it should be a stab at TGC, but honestly, for those of you that don't see it, you're blind. If you don't do JDM, you're not part of the forum. You get bashed, and you know what? It isn't constructive critisim. Its straight up being an ass. I'm not suggesting to brown nose the world, what I am saying is GIVE constructive critisim, don't be all over someone for not going JDM. Help them do their mods correctly to save money, don't force them to be like you.

With that said, I think Cody brings up extremely true and valid points. I think Reelax brings up valid points about the cycle of fights, but this isn't about a fight. This is about the way opinions are stated. Yeah, its the internet, yeah so what? Do you have to allow the comments that you are allowing through as an admin? No.
    well yes as an admin i can simply censor members but i personally don't believe in censoring things unless they could get the community in trouble (like illegal stuff etc.). other mods have told me in the past to just delete or ban members but i'll let things go unless they get totally disrespectful; that is where the line drops. some other mods and admins have MUCH less tolerance; actually i have given BLUE8G more than enough leeway in the past which is why we r here now... remember he has already been banned at least once (not by me), so the benefit of the doubt is no longer given. the way opinions are stated is sometimes just a way to start a fight. it may not seem like such a big deal to many here, because the insult is not overt, but i have been watching it happen over and over so the accumulation is enough for me to say something.

Quote Originally Posted by Reelax View Post
    well yes as an admin i can simply censor members but i personally don't believe in censoring things unless they could get the community in trouble (like illegal stuff etc.). other mods have told me in the past to just delete or ban members but i'll let things go unless they get totally disrespectful; that is where the line drops. some other mods and admins have MUCH less tolerance; actually i have given BLUE8G more than enough leeway in the past which is why we r here now... remember he has already been banned at least once (not by me), so the benefit of the doubt is no longer given. the way opinions are stated is sometimes just a way to start a fight. it may not seem like such a big deal to many here, because the insult is not overt, but i have been watching it happen over and over so the accumulation is enough for me to say something.
    This is why I'm trying be respectful towards your posts, you are definitely one of the better mods/admins on the site and I appreciate that.

The other mods I've received have been a bit questionable though, but that's been discussed in the past.

I havent gone JDM and I still feel part of the forum. Maybe it's the "been a member since 05" thing.....
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue8g View Post
    What is with TGC lately? If anyone varies from the standard JDM front or US with eBay lip, lowering springs and wheels they're immediately trashed. Why is this all of a sudden such a common occurrence? Where is the originality this site once had?

Is there now a template that all members of TGC must follow? As someone with a good sized collection of infractions was this a secret decision in some zone of the site I'm prohibited from?

I can't act like I'm an innocent bystander, I'm guilty of being more of a douchebag than almost anyone on this site, but I was always a douchebag, and my stance on things has always had a consistent perspective. Lately though, people that used to claim they would not follow any of the 'trends' are some of the harshest critics of those who vary from the trends.

What happened to modifying one's car for one's self? Is that a lost art or are the desires of all members of TGC exactly the same? When I first joined this site in late 2008, I could likely the count the number of people with each JDM front on one hand and outside of S-Line/Cali, no one had the Vogue lip. A couple people had Liberal grills, a larger number had the world-spec tails. Now its probably easier to count the number of people without one of those things than those with them.

Has modding cars shifted from something you do for you to something you do for the approval of some random dudes on the internet? Why not do something that will get you made fun of on the forums if you like it? The next few parts I'm about to buy for the Fit will likely garner a huge amount of flaming but you know what? Each time I see/use them, I'm going to be like: “Fck yeah, this is rad” and that matters a lot more than getting +5 internet cool points.

Just a little side note, what's with the sudden gushing over the 8gB front? When I joined, and really up until the last 3 months, that has been the black sheep of the Galant world, even more so than body kits (IMO) and now it seems like people with other fronts want to convert to it, or if they have the 8gB front they don't want to mess with it?

Now please note, I'm not trying to act though I'm not guilty of being a dick to people who do things that I see/saw as stupid, however if some one's car is world's cooler than mine ever was/is/will be, I'm not going to scold them for not doing things exactly as I'd do them. My distaste was also often directed at the choice of poor quality/replica parts, not necessarily at their choice of that modding direction in general.

I also am not saying my car was original, it was far from it. It was what I wanted though, a car that looked like it had some special sport package from the factory, and I feel I executed that to a T.

/rant

I hope this is coherent, but its likely not, and IDGAF at this point.
    I don't see any of these arguments you are making.

TGC is an online car forum. Tens of thousands of strangers from around the world come here to talk about Galants. So yes, there are tens of thousands different opinions of what is "good looking". Theres also a large spread of age groups from teenagers who get Galants as their first cars to older folks who have bought their 6g when it was new.

Some people take this online forum too seriously like its a High School popularity contest. People will come and go, and the Mods here are like the principals of the school. We are consistant with the attitude and direction of the forum.

Using my analogy of high school, there are different groups here with different attitudes, which is totally fine. Theres the JDM bumper clique. The USDM lip clique. The turbocharger clique. The nice wheels clique. But you know what, all these cliques are in the minority. Everyone else here just want to learn more about Galants. Some people may post more on the forum and it may seem like theyre bashing others, but it doesnt mean they are in the majority.

The mods just observe the forum posters and go "atleast theyre all mingling" Because discussion is good. When 2 people meet and exchange one idea, they each walk away with two ideas. Only closed minded people will go "No, no, no. Thats not true. I refuse to listen. I am right. LaLaLaLa..." We'll call that clique the Emos.

You are here entirely tooo much!! 99 galant's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz View Post
    I don't see any of these arguments you are making.

TGC is an online car forum. Tens of thousands of strangers from around the world come here to talk about Galants. So yes, there are tens of thousands different opinions of what is "good looking". Theres also a large spread of age groups from teenagers who get Galants as their first cars to older folks who have bought their 6g when it was new.

Some people take this online forum too seriously like its a High School popularity contest. People will come and go, and the Mods here are like the principals of the school. We are consistant with the attitude and direction of the forum.

Using my analogy of high school, there are different groups here with different attitudes, which is totally fine. Theres the JDM bumper clique. The USDM lip clique. The turbocharger clique. The nice wheels clique. But you know what, all these cliques are in the minority. Everyone else here just want to learn more about Galants. Some people may post more on the forum and it may seem like theyre bashing others, but it doesnt mean they are in the majority.

The mods just observe the forum posters and go "atleast theyre all mingling" Because discussion is good. When 2 people meet and exchange one idea, they each walk away with two ideas. Only closed minded people will go "No, no, no. Thats not true. I refuse to listen. I am right. LaLaLaLa..." We'll call that clique the Emos.
    actually, that was very well said and makes me see that side of it as well.

Reelax, and QNZ, made very interesting statements. Makes perfect sense to me.

I think that we should all try and clean up our act a little, maybe you aren't part of the wheel clique but with the JDM clique, or you aren't' the Turbo Clique and are of the USDM Lip clique. I will admit, I'm not perfect and can sometimes be insensitive to new comers, I will be open about this, you don't have to. But just know that if after reading this thread and you feel a little bit of guilt, ask yourself why? And see what you can do to change it.

Also, if after reading my post you feel you don't have to "clean up you act" or feel offended, you are more then welcome to exclude yourself from my comment, after all it was only a comment.
    Last edited by oakrdrs187; 03-05-2012 at 08:37 PM

Experienced TGC Member
    Everybody needs to stop pissing in each other's cereal and just grow the hell up. If you don't like the forum, don't visit plain and simple. Don't like the feedback people are giving, it's life and clearly the real world is just starting for you.

There are still a lot of personal grudges held within every forum and this one is absolutely no different. Taking shots at other forums, members/individuals is only stirring the pot and making more BS that the Galant community as a WHOLEdoesn't need.

You want drama, or to create drama then go the hell back to middle school until you all grow up, and I direct this to EVERYBODY. This specific forum community has changed in the last 3 years or so since I joined, membership, staff, features, and other things that have come up. The more BS that goes on here is only killing each member's sense of community here and if it continues you can give yourselves a "high five" for allowing the community to join the depths of other communities with a poor reputation.

And yes, before anybody decides to "get wise" and call me out as a GT admin speaking out/trash talking TGC, get bent and face reality. I visit this forum the same about as I visit GT and I am still a contributing and active member to this community...so don't even go there.

Now, get your lazy asses to the kitchen and make me some DAMN COOKIES!

3G Eclipse Performance & Development - Denver, Colorado
    www.blackheartmotors.net

Quote Originally Posted by SPD_FRK View Post

And yes, before anybody decides to "get wise" and call me out as a GT admin speaking out/trash talking TGC, get bent and face reality. I visit this forum the same about as I visit GT and I am still a contributing and active member to this community...so don't even go there.

Would never go there spdfrk, IMO you have really done your part in contributing to this forum.

Yes please!!

Its a shame that an opinion can't be shared on an opinion based forum without people getting their feelings hurt or getting angry. As grown ass men and women, we should do better. Whether an observtion or thought is one sided or not, an individual is entitled to it. Unfortuantely Blue_8G's thought was not accepted by most but he did not outright disrespect anyone. He didnt call out any names nor condemn any one individuals style or decisions. I can't say the same for the few that reacted in a condescending manner. At the end of the day, this site is about cars. The love, the creativity, and the enthusiam that drives us to compete for the most originally put together body of work. Without any of that, there is nothing but this unecessary bullshit that is replacing the fun that this site should be providing.

3 things...

1) Loud noises!

2) I'm only posting here because I can.

3) We are all a community. Don't be a dick. If anyone sees another member insulting another member (be it trolling, non-constructive criticism, etc), report the post. There are always a few bad eggs that will float around and start shit because they feel like it and they feel like they can get away with it. Blue - You used to be like that, but you seem to have grown up a bit. And that is constructive criticism.

4) After reading this whole thread, who am I supposed to ban? Ban people you ask? Why? BECAUSE I CAN.

And I was never really good at math.

If you post stupid and incorrect information, you will get red nuggets.

Daps.

I say we ban everybody.

everyone has the munchies!

Quote Originally Posted by pittstop11 View Post
    Its a shame that an opinion can't be shared on an opinion based forum without people getting their feelings hurt or getting angry. As grown ass men and women, we should do better. Whether an observtion or thought is one sided or not, an individual is entitled to it. Unfortuantely Blue_8G's thought was not accepted by most but he did not outright disrespect anyone. He didnt call out any names nor condemn any one individuals style or decisions. I can't say the same for the few that reacted in a condescending manner. At the end of the day, this site is about cars. The love, the creativity, and the enthusiam that drives us to compete for the most originally put together body of work. Without any of that, there is nothing but this unecessary bullshit that is replacing the fun that this site should be providing.
    since you r still so new here, u simply haven't been around long enough to see what i am talking about. u r catching the tail end of months of antics in what is over a decade of these ups and downs on this board. opinions are fine and everybody should have them.

Quote Originally Posted by Reelax View Post
    since you r still so new here, u simply haven't been around long enough to see what i am talking about. u r catching the tail end of months of antics in what is over a decade of these ups and downs on this board. opinions are fine and everybody should have them.
    To be honest Reelax, your a knowlegeable guy and I see your posts and respect your vast intellect regarding tuning and modding; however, I don't really care how long the back and forth has been going on or who is right or wrong. I made a general statement about what I believe the character of all the forum members should reflect. That's it and that's all. If I wanted to know the history of this situation, Im sure I could go back through the posts to find out. Thanks for trying to clarify for me, but it is unecessary, and you shouldnt have to defend your opinion since "opinions are fine and everyone should have them". I'm not going to get into a whole "teeter totter" debate about this so these are the very last words I'm writing on the matter.

So...

I got some places that can make custom cookie cutters.

Who would be interested? And yes, I seriously have information on them.

Quote Originally Posted by RedGalant2k1 View Post
    So...

I'm in!

-Greg

"I smashed up the grey one, bought me a red;
    Every time we hit the parking lot we turn heads!"
    -Pimp C, "International Players Anthem"

I would be interested dave.
    13 Honda Accord EX 6MT

Quote Originally Posted by RedGalant2k1 View Post
    So...

Fuck yeah!

-Chris-

2003 Mitsubishi Galant ES 2.4L SOHC: "Octavia"
    2005 Honda Accord EX-L Coupe 2.4L DOHC

Quote Originally Posted by XxGiRLaNT06xX View Post
    From the looks of the girl, her face isnt that great.. nothing a paper bag couldnt fix... amirite?

I could make a few if anyone wants, I will have the time this week to make some as well after I get my car running, just need to dust off the jig saw to make a template and buy some sheet metal

same here...so.... is there going to be a real cookie cutter?

edit: im in for the cookie cutter

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast