The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Need new Tail lights!!

Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

Need new Tail lights!!

Looking for replacement ellipsoid tail lights for the Ralliart. I tinted mine with niteshade and it didn't come off clean and the lights look scratched and basically destroyed. Anyone got a quick link for these tail lights. My search keeps coming up with the stock tail lights (the red ones). Thanks!

Get some high grit sandpaper and wet send it off. I've done it twice at least. Takes some elbow grease, but it can be done.

Sent from my phone like a boss...
    -Andrew

I already took the paint off, the clear plastic cover is destroyed so it basically looks terrible. and unless i clear coat it, they make the car look ugly.

You are here entirely tooo much!! IVORY_G's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DTP View Post
    Get some high grit sandpaper and wet send it off. I've done it twice at least. Takes some elbow grease, but it can be done.

Sent from my phone like a boss...
    QFT

Quote Originally Posted by TheG3 View Post
    I already took the paint off, the clear plastic cover is destroyed so it basically looks terrible. and unless i clear coat it, they make the car look ugly.
    What sand paper grit did you use? Pix?
    JDM Zenki Conversion

Lazy hands make for poverty, but diligent hands bring wealth. (Proverbs 10:4 NIV)

Fine grit... It looks fine when its somewhat wet, but when it dries it becomes very cloudy like when headlights need to be restored... I tried using a buffer and a compound to restore the plastic a bit but it looks awful... I'm gonna just do it the easier way with film in case I ever wanna get rid of the tints. The only issue is I cannot find the tail lights.

You are here entirely tooo much!! IVORY_G's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TheG3 View Post
    Fine grit... It looks fine when its somewhat wet, but when it dries it becomes very cloudy like when headlights need to be restored... I tried using a buffer and a compound to restore the plastic a bit but it looks awful... I'm gonna just do it the easier way with film in case I ever wanna get rid of the tints. The only issue is I cannot find the tail lights.
    You have to gradually sand it down using different more finer grits of sand paper. You can just use one grit and expect it to look good. IIRC I used like 600 grit, then 800, then 1000, then 1500, then 2000 grit to finish it off to a smooth finish. THEN you use a rubbing compound, polish, and wax to finish it off.
    JDM Zenki Conversion

Lazy hands make for poverty, but diligent hands bring wealth. (Proverbs 10:4 NIV)