The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: EUDM Headlamps

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Showing results 21 to 40 of 44
    Quote Originally Posted by pittstop11 View Post
    Any chance that you might be able to locate a pair for me?
    just remember that new zealand is a RHD country so the beam pattern is wrong for our country and you will have to aim them low and to the right to compensate so as not to blind oncoming traffic. a few LHD countries that have the 8G 2 piece worldspec heads would be germany, taiwan (i have these in 1pc) and the philippines. however, if u are planing a projector retrofit, the reflector beam pattern won't matter because the projector's cutoff shields will dictate the beam pattern.
    Last edited by Reelax; 03-09-2012 at 03:40 PM

Somthing like this?

Thomas R aka Valpen
    --------------------
    CEO & Eventmanager
    Mitsubishi Club Sweden

Former New yorker....
    94-10 60th Ave
    113 73 Elmhurst, NY
    School PS13 - then moved to Europe

You are here entirely tooo much!! IVORY_G's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by valpen View Post
    Somthing like this?

Yup
    JDM Zenki Conversion

Lazy hands make for poverty, but diligent hands bring wealth. (Proverbs 10:4 NIV)

Quote Originally Posted by pittstop11 View Post
    Any chance that you might be able to locate a pair for me?
    Yes all my mates own wrecking yards so I can get them when ever you want, prices vary but usually round $180 a set ok
    www.qcustoms.co.nz

Quote Originally Posted by valpen View Post
    Somthing like this?

sweden is LHD right? so those would be the correct beam pattern here as well. that would b a good source.

Quote Originally Posted by qcustoms View Post
    Yes all my mates own wrecking yards so I can get them when ever you want, prices vary but usually round $180 a set ok
    Ok cool. Now is that 180 shipped?

Quote Originally Posted by Reelax View Post
    sweden is LHD right? so those would be the correct beam pattern here as well. that would b a good source.
    Good to know. Thanks.

No shipping is extra 60-80 matey
    www.qcustoms.co.nz

No shipping is extra 60-80 matey
    Ok. Let me do a bit more digging on the conversions I need to do to the beam pattern before I move forward on it. Thanks q. You've been a big help.

Beam swapping is simple
    www.qcustoms.co.nz

Beam swapping is simple
    Thats right! just plug&play :)
    Galant E15a EXE/4G63/1987/Ethanol Edition

Beam swapping is simple
    You need to open the heads up and swap the beam reflector right?
    JDM Zenki Conversion

Lazy hands make for poverty, but diligent hands bring wealth. (Proverbs 10:4 NIV)

Yup that's right swap the reflectors
    www.qcustoms.co.nz

Yup that's right swap the reflectors
    so how and where would you find spare LHD reflector bowls to swap in to the RHD housings? wouldn't you have to find LHD headlights to get those donor parts? at that point you would have LHD housings with LHD reflector bowls already in them so the swap would not be needed anymore. of course the swap itself is simple but in order to do it you would have to get the parts out of LHD headlights, and if you have LHD headlights, you wouldn't need to swap anything anymore.

Wow lol repeated that twice lol .. It's simple just go to a wrecker and get a set of broken USDM lights and then open them up and perform the swap, easy..iv done heaps of flips now and iv grown accustom to it so it's gotten easy now
    www.qcustoms.co.nz

Wow lol repeated that twice lol .. It's simple just go to a wrecker and get a set of broken USDM lights and then open them up and perform the swap, easy..iv done heaps of flips now and iv grown accustom to it so it's gotten easy now
    Only thing is I think the USDM reflectors are different from the JDM/World spec heads...
    JDM Zenki Conversion

Quote Originally Posted by IVORY_G View Post
    Only thing is I think the USDM reflectors are different from the JDM/World spec heads...
    this is correct. the USDM reflectors are wider than the JDM/worldspec versions, and they are made for H4 focal length dual filament (both high and low beam in one bulb/reflector bowl) not H7/H1 individual beam reflectors; an H7 in an H4 bowl will not throw correctly and neither will an H4 in a H7 bowl.

As long as the cutoff is correct the throw wouldn't matter too much, there is a twin style us version correct? There's your deflectors you'd use
    www.qcustoms.co.nz

As long as the cutoff is correct the throw wouldn't matter too much, there is a twin style us version correct? There's your deflectors you'd use
    well the actual filament placement is slightly different between the H4 and H7 bulbs and since the bowls are made to focus light based on filament position, the light will not throw correctly if the incorrect bulb is used; the cutoff will be affected and the distance of usable light will also be diminished. and no, there is no twin style USDM version for the 8G (the housings themselves are not even the same size. USDM are taller and narrower than JDM/worldspec making JDM grills incompatible w/ USDM heads and vice versa)... that's the whole reason we convert to JDM/worldspec headlights AND grills stateside, for aesthetics and to separate low and high beams into their own reflector bowls and bulbs (H7, H1). the USDM headlights use 1 bulb and 1 reflector bowl for BOTH low and hi beam (H4 dual filament). additionally, USDM wiring does not allow both low and hi beam to operate simultaneously (when hi beam is activated, low beam is deactivated), so we have to rewire a "work around" via relay or diode into the headlights' wiring to replicate JDM/worldspec functionality where the low beam stays on when the high beam is activated.

here is what the USDM heads look like:

1999-2001 (USDM PFL)

2002-2003 (USDM FL)
    Last edited by Reelax; 03-13-2012 at 06:30 AM

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast