The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Dual projector headlights HELP

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 40

Dual projector headlights HELP

A while back I purchased a set of Dual projector headlights from a guy I forgot his name. He didn't include the ballasts and the HID bulls are in, so thus the stock harness won't power the bulbs, I was wondering if I can swich to regular bulbs that the stock harness will power, or is my only option to buy ballasts?

just buy hids to fit the projectors.... from vvme or ddmtuning.
    -Dirty South-

They See Me Rollin They Hating -Riding Dirty-
    Quote Originally Posted by oakrdrs187 View Post
    It dont smell or anything so F it.

There are already HID's in there, I just need ballasts alone

^^^ You may purchase just the ballasts. DDM tuning sells ballasts alone for a bit less than the price of a kit and the ballasts have a one year warranty, for the extra 10 or 15 bucks you should just invest in a whole kit which they will warranty both the bulbs and ballasts for life.

Dual projectors for the 8G?
    I would like to see...

But does it matter which ballasts I buy? I'm not interested in the kit because the headlights already have an HID in it, and I have spares. I just need ballasts

And let me see if I can find the pics, I'll post them

Yes you can still buy just the ballasts.

Experienced TGC Member johnygezony's Avatar
    1. What where you given when you purchased the lights? did you get a harness of some sort?
    2. Are the both H3 bulbs ? those might be the ones made by Ericbla (sp)
    3. Post pictures of what you have to help us with what you are doing
    4. If you are buying ballasts
    MAKE SURE THE BALLASTS ARE NOT DC!!!! some ballasts on ebay are super cheap on are DC current so they suck and flicker all of the time.

yes i believe they were made by Ericbla. and i have the pics but idk how to put them in here

also im planning to buy from ddm tuning not ebay

[IMG]file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Administrator/My%20Documents/My%20Pictures/pictures/heads1.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Administrator/My%20Documents/My%20Pictures/pictures/heads2.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Administrator/My%20Documents/My%20Pictures/pictures/heads3.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Administrator/My%20Documents/My%20Pictures/pictures/heads4.jpg[/IMG]

file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Administrator/My%20Documents/My%20Pictures/pictures/heads5.jpg

[IMG]file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Administrator/My%20Documents/My%20Pictures/pictures/heads.jpg[/IMG]

Ok.....

For 1 you can post all the pictures in one post. And 2, those links are for the picture location on your computer, they aren't gonna show. You need to upload your files first to photobucket, flicker or picasa any of these sites will work. Once uploaded you can paste the links (on one post) and they will be visible to us.

Quote Originally Posted by oakrdrs187 View Post
    Yes you can still buy just the ballasts.
    +1 Thats right.
    Galant E15a EXE/4G63/1987/Ethanol Edition

Quote Originally Posted by jonry View Post
    [IMG]file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Administrator/My%20Documents/My%20Pictures/pictures/heads.jpg[/IMG]
    go to photobucket and create a free account, upload your images to photobucket, copy and paste the IMG code (as seen below)... anytime you want to post an image, paste the IMG code into your post

Been busy with work guys but I will put the pics up after work today

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast