The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Galant Lopez build "Tom"

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Showing results 61 to 79 of 79
    You are here entirely tooo much!! IVORY_G's Avatar
    Only way to get rid of that CEL is to movef the O2 Sensor behind the 2nd cat, thats what I did with my exhaust when I installed my Megan Racing header...
    That ticking noise is known as "Lifter Tick". Very common for the 4G64, and can get louder after an oil change. Search 'Lifter Tick' on here to find some solutuions...
    JDM Zenki Conversion

Lazy hands make for poverty, but diligent hands bring wealth. (Proverbs 10:4 NIV)

Quote Originally Posted by IVORY_G View Post
    Only way to get rid of that CEL is to movef the O2 Sensor behind the 2nd cat, thats what I did with my exhaust when I installed my Megan Racing header...
    That ticking noise is known as "Lifter Tick". Very common for the 4G64, and can get louder after an oil change. Search 'Lifter Tick' on here to find some solutuions...
    Awsome thanks for that ticking tip and ya my bro in law has a muffler shop and he said he could tap in the resonator to put a new sensor like Skyforger said

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D

You are here entirely tooo much!! IVORY_G's Avatar
    No prob
    JDM Zenki Conversion

Lazy hands make for poverty, but diligent hands bring wealth. (Proverbs 10:4 NIV)

Nothin new has happened lately except for this hks filter i ordered and installed. And that lifter tick is there faintly but wit sum marvins mystery oil it keeps it quiet.

So i get pretty bored wen im home so ive always wanted to clear the corners on my heads but never wanted to take them apart since i dont know much of anythin i just learn as i go but my freind let me borrow his heat gun so i can roll my fenders and thought y not give it a try since i have two days off.
    before

ghetto paintin booth in my basement

then after its done, i also took out the corner amber reflectors and used vht nightshade and i like how they look. Ill keep them like this but im goin to order sum switchbak led's to make it look better, and then ill take out the reflectors.

You purposely painted just one corner?

Quote Originally Posted by oakrdrs187 View Post
    You purposely painted just one corner?
    My bad i forgot to put on there that i took a pic of how each would look, but i have both reflectors on there now hahaha that would look funny

He maybe did one, then took a pic, and then finished the other one. That's what I did when my jdm heads arrived, unwrapped one, took pic, then unwrapped the other one, lol!

EDIT: forget this post, I posted too late, haha

---
    I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?bphpcx

Quote Originally Posted by Guzm4n View Post
    He maybe did one, then took a pic, and then finished the other one. That's what I did when my jdm heads arrived, unwrapped one, took pic, then unwrapped the other one, lol!

EDIT: forget this post, I posted too late, haha

---
    I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?bphpcx
    Lol well i did both but wanted to c how each looked but i didn't describe it wen i posted it

I put them in and i like how they look, now i just want to my bumper painted

Idk y in the picture it looks green. I read on Greddy's build that his is like that too but my hhids r 8000k

Nice job with the heads, you should look into a retrofit for HIDs.

-Chris-

2003 Mitsubishi Galant ES 2.4L SOHC: "Octavia"
    2005 Honda Accord EX-L Coupe 2.4L DOHC

Quote Originally Posted by XxGiRLaNT06xX View Post
    From the looks of the girl, her face isnt that great.. nothing a paper bag couldnt fix... amirite?

Quote Originally Posted by Skyforger View Post
    Nice job with the heads, you should look into a retrofit for HIDs.
    Ive been considerin it but idk how to go upon it. I think ill save up for sum one piece heads then practice on these that way i dont mess up the jdms

Sent from my PG86100 using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

Went to pick up my girlfriend from work with my bud and had our cars parked next to each other and thought i would get some quick pics in between the rain, only got two b4 it poured

So i replaced my ac condensor last night and the vents on the sides blow out cold air but the center and top vent blow out hot air. I put that spray in it to recharge it but no use. Any ideas?

Finally painted the bumper. I just left it primer for now.

Pretty noticable color difference but oh well im not plannin on keepin this bumper for long so its just so i dont c the patches from where i sanded.

And my car just hit 100000 the other day

SES light though. Get the codes pulled?

-Chris-

2003 Mitsubishi Galant ES 2.4L SOHC: "Octavia"
    2005 Honda Accord EX-L Coupe 2.4L DOHC

Quote Originally Posted by XxGiRLaNT06xX View Post
    From the looks of the girl, her face isnt that great.. nothing a paper bag couldnt fix... amirite?

Quote Originally Posted by Skyforger View Post
    SES light though. Get the codes pulled?
    No ive just been ignorin it...im thinkin of gettin rid of this exhaust so thats wen ill have the other o2 sensor put in

So i finally thought i found what was making that loud screeching sound. I thought it was the ac compressor that had seized so i bought a shorter belt to skip it, but as i was put the tensioner back on i snapped the bolt.

Then i went to the junkyard to get another bolt since the two auto parts store didnt have them. While there i picked up a v6 throttle body for only $20 so it wasnt so bad, but it didnt have the iac.

I ended up twisting the bolt i got from the junkyard then i went back to get another one from second galant that was there and in the process i twisted that one too. So i pretty much was having a bad day.
    Last edited by Galant Lopez; 09-05-2012 at 01:31 AM

okay so since i last updated i have figured out what was making that noise. After many trips to a shop (who i thought did good work) i ended up buying a timing belt kit. It was from http://www.timingbeltkit.com/servlet...-galant/Detail. It came with new pulleys new belts and a water pump. SO i figured that would of taken care of it. anywho long story short it didnt stop the noise, took it to another shop, tightened the tensioner. Boom fixed it.

Nothing new with the car, im just about maintenance now until i can paint it.

Used grease cleaner and got as much as i could. Going to buy some wire brushes and give it another good scrub.

Interior shot.

Need camber kit and possibly spacers?

Swapped wheels with my girlfriend just to see how it would look. Hers are 16's so my car sits a bit lower which i dont mind at all.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234