The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: DRL Fuse

Showing results 1 to 15 of 15
    DjGomez

DRL Fuse

I recently purchased my Projector HID from the Retrofit Source and went with the Morimoto H1 mini, with 5k, CCFL and gatling gun shrouds, now i need to know if anyone knows how to disable the DRL on my 08 galant, i hear it you can just disable it by taking out some fuse, but i dont know which fuse to take out. Any help would be appreciated

Well I don't own a 9G, but I would love to see pics of the retrofit.

DjGomez
    Its my first retro-fit so wish me luck bro. there were some pretty neat ones out there but they were pretty advanced, so i just went with something easy for beginners. If it comes out good, i'll be sure to post up pictures.

Oh you haven't done it yet. Cool deal, I will look out for it. My Mini H1's are on order.

DjGomez
    did you order you mini h1 from the retrofit source too? apparently im waiting for the ballasts to come in

I did, just today I placed the order on the phone, I only ordered the projectors I already have H1 HIDs.

DjGomez
    yeah i was looking on my account and noticed i had two payments pending? O.o
    i know i agreed to paying 260 for my kit, but i don't remember another order of 150!! they did take out the 260 from my bank account, but not the 150, gotta call them tomorrow and see what thats about. Cuz if ima be dropping 150 i might as well use it for a new set of head lights

you have to bend a pin on the ecu. this may be of help.. https://www.thegalantcenter.org/show...ht=disable+drl

9g Baby!

DjGomez
    I actually tried that, but it still didnt work for my car, is there a certain way for the pin to be bent?

ha just make sure its not going to connect again. i basically flattened mine out. took me like 5 mins

9g Baby!

quoting galante- "if that doesn't work with other models you can just buy a anti flicker/canceller. "

9g Baby!

DjGomez
    Oh you flattened it, i just did a slight bend lol i was afraid of breaking that pin, i dont want that just in case i want to go back to stock and use the drl whenever i go do the inspection to my car lol

Unless you are in Canada, I don't think DRL is a requirement.

Mattsubishi9g
    Pics!

I agree w him brent... Sometimes you feel the need to have those lights on...

Wait, no. Screw it, Be cool like the other kids and bend the pin if you have HIds.

Or you can try saran wrap...(don't use saran wrap) ... (Seriously, don't use saran wrap...)

;)