The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 4g74 TB swap help!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 53
    Experienced TGC Member OMEGA PHX's Avatar

6g74 TB swap help!

Hey guys I have a 5spd 4g64 8g. I recently did the diamante TB swap, I had all the sensors on the TB when I bought it and I haven't adjusted the tps, so I wired the IAC pigtail, the car started all good, the TB cable had a little more slack than with the stock TB so I adjusted the cable to have no slack, I have adjusted the tb screw to 750-800 rpms.

The gas pedal feels a stiffer than before but that doesn't bother me that much, the thing is that there a point when stepping steadily on the gas pedal that the rpms are increasing really fast but the car doesn't feel like its accelerating or pulling, the I step on the gas a little more and then it pulls.
    Honestly I wasn't expecting anything but it really feels like I lost.

I hope I explained myself enough for you to understand the problem and expect your suggestions, thanks in advance.
    Last edited by OMEGA PHX; 05-16-2012 at 10:39 AM

4g64T 5spd

First things first there should have been no reason to touch the idle screw at all... It sounds like the cable is on too much of an angle and snagging up either from where it comes out of the shielding or it's not properly on the half moon guide on the t/b itself.

I'll try to recheck everything, I had to fight with cable to get it on, to my knowledge the cable is mounted properly but will re check everything, and about the idle screw don't know i bought it from another user and I though the rpms where a little too high
    Last edited by OMEGA PHX; 03-08-2012 at 06:47 PM

4g64T 5spd

Quote Originally Posted by OMEGA PHX View Post
    I'll try to recheck everything, I had to fight with cable to get it on, to my knowledge the cable is mounted properly but will re check everything, and about the idle screw don't know i bought it from another user and I though the rpms where a little too high
    what manafold are you using

Quote Originally Posted by deeznutz View Post
    what manafold are you using
    stock 4g64

4g64T 5spd

cable isn't kinked, or on a weird angle,
    still the same rpms rise fast but no power no acceleration, doesn't feel normal.
    also at first I let the car idle for a couple of minutes then I press the gas pedal and rpms started to go up and down up and down continuously, like
    1000rpms->800rpms, 1000rpms->800rpms and I had to turn off the car ad wait a little and it went away.

Don't know what to do thinking about taking it out.

4g64T 5spd

I tightened the clamps from the intake adjusted the tb cable a little and it feels much better or i'm just getting used to it.

Also adjusted the clutch pedal and the car feels awesome again, i don't know why i always adjust the pedal but after a week or so it goes back to feeling like shit.

4g64T 5spd

where can i get that TB for my 4g64 and what kind of gains in power and throthle response are you getting ?

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by suad618 View Post
    where can i get that TB for my 4g64 and what kind of gains in power and throthle response are you getting ?

thanks
    try http://www.car-part.com/ and http://www.partshotlines.com/ , the I4 galants swap the stock I4 throttle body for the V6 galant throttle body and they swap the stock I4 Intake manifold for the outlander I4 intake manifold. Just do some searching on this site, someone has usually already done what you want to do.

For power gains, I have no clue.
    15 F150 3.5 ecoboost 4x4 - daily driver
    01 Galant ES V6 MT (sold)
    00 Eclipse RS MT

I'm still having some problems after the TB and AEM Short ram install, the thing is that there a point when stepping steadily on the gas pedal that the rpms are increasing really fast but the car isn't accelerating or going faster, I step on the gas a little more and then it pulls and accelerates.

Another thing is that when the A/C is ON the car wants to stall whenever I come to a complete stop, if I turn OFF the A/C it doesn't do it anymore. No battery light comes on to make me think it is the alty and the batt is new.

Everything started after the tb swap and intake install.

Hope you guys can think of something or have had some similar problems and fixed them.

4g64T 5spd

What is your tps % the 74 needs to be around 13.33 to 14.1%. Rember tb % is calculated by the pcm to adjust the afr. You got the stock settings. You need a tune my friend. You should not have adjusted the screw. Even of you bring the idle up and down with the screw the pcm will still try to readjust to stock idle rpm. About 720 rpm. If you lower the screw open or closed you will mess with the iac settings. Iac adjust increase idle when is need it. For power sterring, and a/c also at cold start. It open and close to let more air in or decrease air going to the intake mani at idle. Thats why you stall when A/C is on because the screw is too closed.

If rpm is too high you should lowered the tps, % not the screw.
    Last edited by Isaurio; 05-16-2012 at 09:45 AM

Triple Diamond Motors East Cost
    02 2.5L Fully Built Galant 5 speed
    SOHC Turbo
    http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?52330-Isaurio-s-Turbo-Built-quot-4G64T-quot-Heavy-pics>My 4G64 Turbo Built

Experienced TGC Member Rach3T8G's Avatar
    This is good info!
    - Chris -
    2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 5MT: My DD
    2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 5MT

Quote Originally Posted by Isaurio View Post
    What is your tps % the 74 needs to be around 13.33 to 14.1%. Rember tb % is calculated by the pcm to adjust the afr. You got the stock settings. You need a tune my friend. You should not have adjusted the screw. Even of you bring the idle up and down with the screw the pcm will still try to readjust to stock idle rpm. About 720 rpm. If you lower the screw open or closed you will mess with the iac settings. Iac adjust increase idle when is need it. For power sterring, and a/c also at cold start. It open and close to let more air in or decrease air going to the intake mani at idle. Thats why you stall when A/C is on because the screw is too closed.

If rpm is too high you should lowered the tps, % not the screw.
    I didn't know anything about that, to get the TPS % I need a OBDII scanner or evoscan right?

I'll open the screw little and see how the car behaves. Thanks for the info.

Would you know why the car does the other thing about rpms rising fast but no acceleration? It started when I did the TB swap also.

4g64T 5spd

If you have an android phone get the torque app. You'll be able to see the TPS %.

Sent from my rooted 3VO using Tapatalk.
    - Chris -

Quote Originally Posted by OMEGA PHX View Post
    I didn't know anything about that, to get the TPS % I need a OBDII scanner or evoscan right?

I'll open the screw little and see how the car behaves. Thanks for the info.

Would you know why the car does the other thing about rpms rising fast but no acceleration? It started when I did the TB swap also.
    Are you 5speed or auto?

SOHC Turbo
    http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?52330-Isaurio-s-Turbo-Built-quot-4G64T-quot-Heavy-pics>My 4G64 Turbo Built

He's 5spd
    - Chris -

Quote Originally Posted by Rach3T8G View Post
    He's 5spd
    Yep

4g64T 5spd

Check your tps readings. I got mine at 13.333% i have no problems. Try 14.1% let it idle for 7 min.

SOHC Turbo

Quote Originally Posted by Isaurio View Post
    Check your tps readings. I got mine at 13.333% i have no problems. Try 14.1% let it idle for 7 min.
    With what or how do I measure it?

4g64T 5spd

You need a scan tool, tactrix cable, or the torque app to see the %. The % changes as you adjust the TPS on the TB. Just loosen the bolts holding the TPS a little bit & twist either to the left or right to adjust.
    - Chris -

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast