The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 4g74 TB swap help!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Showing results 41 to 53 of 53
    Quote Originally Posted by OMEGA PHX View Post
    Update:

So I've been driving the car around with what I think is a cracked IM since I can hear a hissing around the back of the manifold, the car idles pretty smooth at 1000 rpms with the idle screw closed all the way, I know its horrible and mpgs are worse.

So yesterday I saw this pic:

And said damn all this time and nobody had mentioned that we needed to cross the lines when swapping the 6g74 tb (I found out not looking for it, and on the tb swap thread nobody says anything or I didn't see it), so I go out and switch them and now it's like misfiring and idling really rough. I can't be sure to me this means that when crossed they are correct but since I have a cracked manny then its idles like that.

So I am gonna leave them un crossed since its driveable and the engine doesn't sound as bad, and then swap them at the same time I do my IM.

Looks blurry as f*ck but you get the idea

you only cross the lines over if you have the outlander intake w/ its egr system, the egr system is abit different compared to the stock egr systems that come stock.

i have the outlander intake, and 6g72 TB, and i have my lines crossed, and she runs great, still needs a tune,
    as for the 74 TB and outlander mani, im not sure if you need the lines crossed,

i
    Last edited by finald8ta; 10-06-2012 at 04:32 PM

Experienced TGC Member OMEGA PHX's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by finald8ta View Post
    you only cross the lines over if you have the outlander intake w/ its egr system, the egr system is abit different compared to the stock egr systems that come stock.
    Shit but in the thread that I saw that pic it said that galant and outlander were the same and that the diamante tb's were different lol so much info diferrent info all over

4g64T 5spd

Quote Originally Posted by OMEGA PHX View Post
    Shit but in the thread that I saw that pic it said that galant and outlander were the same and that the diamante tb's were different lol so much info diferrent info all over

Correct me if im worng, i chose the 72 tb ( got it cheap),

the TB are different, and the outlander has a bigger TB witch is the same as the v6,

i just read the entire thread, if you intake is crack then the car is not going to run right because you have un metered air coming in, get a new intake mani and try again.

Quote Originally Posted by finald8ta View Post
    i just read the entire thread, if you intake is crack then the car is not going to run right because you have un metered air coming in, get a new intake mani and try again.
    Lol and you think I don't know that, thats why I said on previous posts that I'm swapping a outlander IM, but I've been having problems way before the cracked manny

4g64T 5spd

i was drunk at the time...

^ line cross with the outlander mani only. Since the evap and egr system are different path.

If u having issue with the stock intake mani and the 74 tb check any vacuum leaks. Also check the iac pig tail wires are correct. Also check the tb gasket is not put the wrong way. U put a 74 gasket right?

Triple Diamond Motors East Cost
    02 2.5L Fully Built Galant 5 speed
    SOHC Turbo
    http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?52330-Isaurio-s-Turbo-Built-quot-4G64T-quot-Heavy-pics>My 4G64 Turbo Built

Ok got it, I'm doing my outlander IM swap on thursday so that should fix everything.

IAC pigtail wires I'm 100% sure they are correct since I did them carefully and one wire at a time to be sure everything was correct

I'm also sure the gasket is how it should be I've installed it a few times and when you see it there's no other logical way to install it.

Thanks for the info, I'll update the thread once the IM is installed.

4g64T 5spd

Experienced TGC Member Rach3T8G's Avatar
    I had a vacuum leak using just the 74TB gasket so im using both the 64&74 gaskets. My 64TB gasket is made of a metallic material while the 74TB gasket was just thin paper.
    Last edited by Rach3T8G; 10-08-2012 at 09:06 PM
    - Chris -
    2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 5MT: My DD
    2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 5MT

Quote Originally Posted by Rach3T8G View Post
    I had a vacuum leak using just the 74TB gasket so im using both the 64&74 gaskets. My 64TB gasket is made of a metallic material while the 74TB gasket was just thin paper.
    My 74 gasket is oem and is made of that thin metal its sealing great but my manny is cracked so thats my main problem right now
    Last edited by OMEGA PHX; 10-08-2012 at 10:08 PM

4g64T 5spd

Experienced TGC Member Rach3T8G's Avatar
    Did you get your gasket from the dealer?
    - Chris -
    2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 5MT: My DD
    2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 5MT

yep, cost me like $8

4g64T 5spd

P0401 Exhaust Gas Recirculation Flow Insufficient Detected
    Have this code what to do, change the EGR valve?

4g64T 5spd

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123