The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 2011 GALANT...questions about fog lights and headlights?

Showing results 1 to 12 of 12

2011 GALANT...questions about fog lights and headlights?

Just bought some new headlight bulbs as well as fog light bulbs...
    I bought the bulbs thinking that they will fit before doing my due diligence,

The head lights will have: 9007 100/80W x2 pcs High/ Low Xenon HID
    The fog lights will have: H10/9145 100W HALOGEN XENON FOG LIGHT BULBS 9140 YELLOW

My question is does it matter the wattage on the bulbs? What is the normal wattage on a 2011 GALANT SE?
    Do i need to change the fuse in the car after i change the bulbs?

Please help...Thank you

i thought HIDs only go as high as 55W? I think normal halogen bulbs on our car is 55 low and 65 high.

100w hids can't be right. That will literally blind everyone on the road and melt your housing. Same goes for your fogs. Those will actually melt faster because they are small housings.

If your talking about 100w halogens, you better upgrade the wires because oem wasn't designed to handle double the load.
    13 Honda Accord EX 6MT

35 w HiD*** and or 55w is usually the case

9g Baby!

Experienced TGC Member johnygezony's Avatar
    100w/80w is a halogen. The Two power outputs are that of a dual filament. 100W/80W Halogens will either melt your headlight as a whole or fry your wiring. Those bulbs are junk.

100W in the fogs, well I can almost put a guarantee that there will be plastic dripping from your bumper.

Do Not use Them. It is easier to get Cheap HID from DDMtunning.com if you don't want to do a projector retrofit.

Thank you 9ggts,carl3g,brent and johny
    So now that we know those lights do not fit and will melt my car up, i would like to know the proper lights for headlights as well as the fog lights, My ultimate goal is super white headlights and some type of yellow fog lights...any suggestions on where to get them?
    Last edited by 2011GALANTse; 03-13-2012 at 01:25 PM

Experienced TGC Member johnygezony's Avatar
    Well I know people have had good experience with Nokya Halogen Bulbs, Here is a link to the example
    http://www.highperformancebulbs.com/nost1hyyeh10.html

I don't recomment doing HID in your fog lights if you still want to retain their use as fog lamps.

As far as Halogen Bulbs, Getting white light from a halogen source requires you to get some type of Coated bulb which usually have a shorter Lifespan, But I have heard Postitives about OSRAM night Breakers, but then again it is rather expensive for a halogen headlight when you have the option of putting and HID Hi/Lo Kit in your headlights.

I don't know if you know about HID or not. I'm Guessing you don't want to do a retrofit with involves opening up your headlight lens.

DDMtunning has rather cheap HID kits of which many members here have been using for a long time and there have been few issues that have been reported with them. If you want WHITE light then I suggest going with a color temperature of 4500k Which is just about as close to Pure WHite as you can get, 5000k will have more a blue in the light, and will appear slightly blue when you look at the headlight with the bulbs on. 6000k has blue in it.

Johny is spot on. For halogens, the osram nightbreakers or the Phillip line, either the extreme vision or extreme plus(not sure if that's the exact name).

As far as yellow fogs, people like Nokya or Piaa. I've had personal experience with Lumanics. I've had the "jdm yellow" and I like the output.
    13 Honda Accord EX 6MT

Hi johnygezony
    I ordered the fog lights you rec in your post with the link Thanks....
    Any other links for the headlights? Something other then the OEM lights that came with the car cause they are very ugly to look at..
    Thanks

Hey carl3g

I ordered the lights as i said on my previous post....Any links on your end that i can order for my headlights?

DDMTuning is a good source, I've also used HIDNY.com

www.hidny.com

Excellent quality kits, mine lasted a good four years, before water fried the right side. That was my own mistake however.

But your Galant has DRLs, I highly recommend disabling that before using HIDs.

-Chris-

2003 Mitsubishi Galant ES 2.4L SOHC: "Octavia"
    2005 Honda Accord EX-L Coupe 2.4L DOHC

Quote Originally Posted by XxGiRLaNT06xX View Post
    From the looks of the girl, her face isnt that great.. nothing a paper bag couldnt fix... amirite?

ive used these philips on my eclipse, just the 9003 based bulbs, not 9007.
    http://www.amazon.com/Philips-9007-X...2348862&sr=8-1

Night breakers: Read alot of good reviews on these
    http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=a9_sc_1?...qid=1332348992
    13 Honda Accord EX 6MT