The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: finding a power spot

Showing results 1 to 10 of 10

finding a power spot

hey, im corrently connecting my Blinder and i need a power supply
    for the on/off switch, i thought of taking power from the CD Player
    but its knid of hard to take out my screen out,

can u please help me to find another power suplly?

thanks alot!

The harness behind the 12v power outlet.

yeah i usualy use that but that will only stay on when the car is on. if u need full time power use the ignition
    2001 Galant 2.4 USDM
    Old ones
    2X BMW E34 Blaaackkkk
    Isuzu Trooper mountain spec

there's something inside the car interior? something more closer
    i dont need it to run all the time since the blinder is doing his job only at driving :D

Cig lighter is still a good choice. Only need to take off one or two panels and they pop off. You also might want to consider putting in a bigger fuse. Another choice is to take off the steering column (3 screws) and tap into ignition or accessory wire in the ignition harness.

Quote Originally Posted by pernir View Post
    yeah i usualy use that but that will only stay on when the car is on. if u need full time power use the ignition
    That would be fine for a radar/laser jammer.

Quote Originally Posted by mblood1 View Post
    Cig lighter is still a good choice. Only need to take off one or two panels and they pop off. You also might want to consider putting in a bigger fuse. Another choice is to take off the steering column (3 screws) and tap into ignition or accessory wire in the ignition harness.
    No bigger fuse needed, most radar/laser detectors/jammrs use about 1A, it'll do more harm then good.

my fault i did not know what a blinder was. i actually wired a second 12v socket to the cig lighter and put the plug behind the dash and plugged a 3 way splitter into it. i have gps, radar and phone charger coming from it. leaves the stock socket open. Nice and clean.

^In your case going from a 10A fuse to a 15 or so would be ideal.

IMO, outlet splitters, never clean. Especially once you plug things into it.

i agree but all the wires are behind the dash zip tied together so nothing can be seen untill i take off the bezel and there is a spider web of wires bulging out

aight guys, ill try to connect into the ingition.
    how can i reach there? my current other blinder wires are going under the steering wheel
    where the fuses are, so a + cable to the ingition will do the work i guess its close to it.
    into what cable(color) should i connect with my blinder + wire?