The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 99 galant

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 24

99 galant

hi there i'm trying to troubleshoot my car..i dont know what is going on..the car is shaking now...this is what i did

i just washed my car today,and engine i washed too..because i was replacing the spark plugs,valves in the head cylinders,so my car was dirty from that stuff and i ended up washing it,than i took the air and dry the engine,but when i start the car the car engine was so shaking,even if i put the car in the drive or reverse,its still shaking,i found the condenser wire is broken,and coolant hose is broke,i replace today that coolant hose,but the condenser i didnt replace,which the wire is broke.i was cleaning the distributor cap inside,and again still same shaking..i even trying to adjust the air on the travel body,but still same,shaking engine wont go away,there is no check engine at all on the car,i plug my laptop to see if the check engine is hidden but nothing.so can someone help me in here..what do i need to do now,to stop that engine from shaking,does that mean i have to replace the condenser,,because of wire condenser...thanks

Check your motor mounts, that might be why it's shaking, or it might be something else just check them to make sure.

the motor mount is new,it got nothing to do with a engine shaking...when i power the car on than the engine starts shaking.and even when i put the car into the drive or reverse than the car is shaking..

Did you cover the alternator and distributor when you washed the engine?

It's probably still wet...

no i did not cover the altenator,,but i did dry the distributor...

the altenator is not wet,because i blow dry it..i took blower and get the water out of the engine

Alternator isn't the issue. Mine acts up when the bay gets wet. After a few days it clears up.

Last 4 times I got the engine bay washed, this happened to me. It was water in the spark plugs. Drive the car, get the engine code and you'll know which cylinder has water.

Mine idles fine it's just hesitant to take off. Our electrical isn't too good with water.

well but i got no check engine light..i wish that i can get a check engine light,,so that way could be easy for me to find out what is or why my car shaking when is in the drive or reverse gear...i repleace the new motor mount,,tamimi13..did your car was shaking when it happen to you..

You know there's more than one motor mount, right?

Quote Originally Posted by bigmacak22 View Post
    well but i got no check engine light..i wish that i can get a check engine light,,so that way could be easy for me to find out what is or why my car shaking when is in the drive or reverse gear...i repleace the new motor mount,,tamimi13..did your car was shaking when it happen to you..
    Yes, when there was a misfire, the idle was too low and the car was shaking. Take the car out and drive it hard. Even if the check engine light does not come on, read your codes and see if there's anything stored.

If this happened only after the engine wash, then this could be the reason, but if it has been happening before this also, it is probably the engine mounts or something else as other people have stated.

well this shaking thing was happening after i was done with washing the engine,

tamimi i was driving a car,,and there is no check engine still or no fault codes that are stored in there..but i forgot to say my galant is v6..maybe on the back spark plugs are wet..i checked front head cylinder spark plugs and they are not wet...but later i will check the back spark plugs to see

Mine didn't have a CEL either when it was acting up.

if your car doesnt have check engine light,,than how did you fix the car,,when i plug my scanner in there is nothing,so i can't figure out what bothers car

CHECK ENGINE LIGHT.

I didn't do anything to mine except drive it, overtime it got better and better. (2 days or so)

sorry for asking now i know what is cel...thanks for explanation..this getting interesting..i clean my throttle of the car to see if the vibration can go away and its still there..i was reading on the yahoo,one person has same problem as me,but they told her to clean spark plugs and throttle,so i did same thing on the front on the head number one and still same,but i took the car on the drive,when i press gas pedal i just can feel that car engine shakes when i acclerated...but today i will take manifold the big aluminum thing and to clean the rear spark plugs,and i will check the spark plug wires if they are damaged,

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast