The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 99 galant

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 24 of 24
    Quote Originally Posted by oakrdrs187 View Post
    CHECK ENGINE LIGHT.
    C.E.L

Quote Originally Posted by bigmacak22 View Post
    sorry for asking now i know what is cel...thanks for explanation..this getting interesting..i clean my throttle of the car to see if the vibration can go away and its still there..i was reading on the yahoo,one person has same problem as me,but they told her to clean spark plugs and throttle,so i did same thing on the front on the head number one and still same,but i took the car on the drive,when i press gas pedal i just can feel that car engine shakes when i acclerated...but today i will take manifold the big aluminum thing and to clean the rear spark plugs,and i will check the spark plug wires if they are damaged,

So you did spark plugs in the back and didn't change the wires? After all that work it would have been smart to change them since you were already torn into the manifold. Another thing that goes along with plugs being change is changing the distributor cap and rotor with reputable stuff, preferably OEM. And be sure to get the wires correct.

Another thing, what spark plugs did you use?

i just came home now,i replaced the distributor cap which was bad,and the car is still shaking or vibrating.so nothing is changed..same old..i dont know what next is step...

i just noticed today when i got done with installing new distributor cap,when i power my car on that the manifold is getting so hot,so is that means that throttle body switches or throttle body is bad

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12