The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Creaking Noise

Showing results 1 to 3 of 3
    styles

Creaking Noise

When I turn at slow speeds or when i go over bumps sometimes i hear creaking sounds.

I brought it in to the shop and they said it was the bushings in the strut assembly. has anyone ever replaced these? Are they expensive?

Rasko Da Gama
    I have the same problem... It is lasting from when I bought my G ride, that's more than two years, and I steel haven't done anything about it.
    Could be bushings, yes... It is very hard to me to say it in english 'couse I just know how to say it in Slovene... Wanna read these?

Moje mansete so v kurcu... (My bushings are busted...)

Mogoce so pa kroglicni zglobi ali pa lezaji zanic (It might be... can't say it -don't know the word for it... :twisted:

Koncnike bo treba menjat... (..X.X.X. will have to be replaced)

Is it language you could learn? 8)

Ma itak nima veze, men je vazn, da moj Galant dela ko sus in da je najlepsi u Sloveniji. Ce si tak bolnik kot sem jaz, pol ti nic drugega ni vazno kot to, da imas svojga Galanta skoz cistga, pa spoliranga pa da vanga vrzes celo placo, po moznosti se preden jo dobis!
    :shock: :shock: :shock:

Don't bother, I was just kiddin'...

Good luck with your "mansete"...

J apmetal
    I get a similar noise from the rear driver's strut too; I hadn't thought about it much [fixing the exhaust first] but bushings sounds like a good explanation

you can check the bushes quite easily but lifting the car up securly, wedging a pry bar [crowbar or similar] behind suspension joints & wiggling it to check for play

:!: BE CAREFUL DOING THIS, SINCE ROCKING YOUR CAR MIGHT CAUSE IT TO FALL IF NOT PROPPED UP SECURELY :!: