The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Things to worry about replacing lowering springs

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 29 of 29
    Quote Originally Posted by Reelax View Post
    it will come down to how much you want to lower. -1.0", springs (and possibly gr2); -1.0"-2.0", springs and agx; -2.0"+ full coilovers or airbags. i don't recommend lowering past 2.0" on springs with stock length dampers as they will blow sooner than later (stock, gr2, and agx are all full length dampers). full coilovers come w/ shortened dampers designed to retain full travel even if lowered deep.
    Isn't the "normal" lowering 1.3" in the back and 1.7" in the front? I just want something to cover that horrible gap

Ok I found this:

http://thmotorsports.com/i-57047.asp...ingSeanVehSpec

Free shipping!

So how are skunk2 shocks? Again my friend says they're the shit and I should go with them if I get these coilovers
    Bought from crzygtz,deeznutz, dominicano, finald8ta, Galantman03, G-Spot, Isaurio, jonk8123, M-Rod, and specter6633

Dont' keep it stock, turn heads on the block

2003 Mitsubishi Galant ES 2.4L 4 cyl "Storm"

Experienced TGC Member OMEGA PHX's Avatar

From a D2 coilovers daily drive user, go with lowering springs, I don't know about the ride but Progress or H&Rs springs with AGX look like they would give you a good looking stance, and I would imagine them being more comfortable than coilovers.

4g64T 5spd

Hmmm ok i shall see then
    Bought from crzygtz,deeznutz, dominicano, finald8ta, Galantman03, G-Spot, Isaurio, jonk8123, M-Rod, and specter6633

Dont' keep it stock, turn heads on the block

2003 Mitsubishi Galant ES 2.4L 4 cyl "Storm"

Quote Originally Posted by JDyal View Post
    Isn't the "normal" lowering 1.3" in the back and 1.7" in the front? I just want something to cover that horrible gap

Ok I found this:

http://thmotorsports.com/i-57047.asp...ingSeanVehSpec

Free shipping!

So how are skunk2 shocks? Again my friend says they're the shit and I should go with them if I get these coilovers
    those aren't true coilovers like the megans and the tein d2 etc etc. These are merely adjustable springs. back in the day, sure I would have recommended them, pair them up with some shortened koni struts and you're good to go.

this is what I would have said before the release of any of the full coilover kits that we have today. with that said, my ground control springs and koni struts probably would have cost the same if not more than the full coilover kits you guys all have now.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

Is $237.91 too high to get them replaced.. I would like to do it myself but i don't have the experience or equipment to install or do a realignment once the new struts/shocks/springs are installed..

You will need a variety of hand tools, sockets, ratchets and preferably an impact gun.

Springs compressors are a must as well as floor jack and jack stands.
    It isn't a hard task and you would have to go to a shop for alignment I don't think anyone can do their own alignment unless its where they work.

Patience is key.

Would i have better handling/ride if i replaced my rims with 18 or 17s? Would I need to roll my side fenders if i did get 18s?

Bigger the wheel the less the quality of ride.

As far as handling in really depends on fitment and tires, you can get 17's that perform as good as 18's and vice versa.

Quote Originally Posted by DrunKenG View Post
    Would i have better handling/ride if i replaced my rims with 18 or 17s? Would I need to roll my side fenders if i did get 18s?
    rolling your fenders will depend on width and offset... you could go all the way to 20" on a deep drop and not have to roll your fenders if u get the right width+offset and tire.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12