The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: P0455 Help Please

Showing results 1 to 11 of 11

P0455 Help Please

I've read over the other threads with this SES Code (P0455) info really wasn't that helpful, so I found the engine and emission control service manuals to try and read over. Just thought with everyones knowledge maybe someone could steer me in the right direction, (the engine is the 3.0)...

1. Poor starting or no starting, mainly with damp conditions or when it is/has rained.

2. I did try replacing the fuel cap, with no luck

3. The SES light would come and go by itself (same code). The Zone turned it off a few times, with the idea the fuel cap was the problem.

The light now remains on, with the starting issue getting worse.

Hopefully someone can help, Thanks!!
    Respect the woman’s car, and she’ll respect you.

there might be a leak anywhere in the evap system.

see if it builds pressure in the tank after some time. if not you should inspect the line that comes from the tank and goes to the evap canister. after it goes to the canister, it goes thru a solenoid to the intake manifold. the evap line is usually made of metal and comes out somewhere around the firewall. check a manual for component locations.

do you smell raw fuel? the fuel supply and return lines can cause depressurized tank if air is introduced to the system. check for rust spots on the two lines.
    Last edited by mko; 10-28-2010 at 10:42 AM
    God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread

if you have haynes manual, the page is 6-23. the evap solenoid is located on the left side of the intake manifold. its the first solenoid that you see on top, it should have two hose lines going to it. the evap canister according to the manual is behind the fuel tank. page 6-22
    Last edited by mko; 10-28-2010 at 10:51 AM
    God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread

+1.Let your nose do the detective work.If your throwing a big evap leak code,you should be able to narrow it down by sniffing your way around the suspect components.

Good Info...hopefully I'll get a chance to read over the manual and sniff around this weekend
    Respect the woman’s car, and she’ll respect you.

might be something as dumb as a rotting fill pipe or vent pipe. If it looks bad, you may want to replace it anyway.

Lancer/EvolutionX Rotor Glow Paint
    6g74 Forged Engine w/ hx40 turbo
    Eclipse GT 5 spd swapped

Rotor Glow Galant
    Daily Galant
    OZ Edition Eclipse

Quote Originally Posted by mitsu_vic View Post
    I've read over the other threads with this SES Code (P0455) info really wasn't that helpful, so I found the engine and emission control service manuals to try and read over. Just thought with everyones knowledge maybe someone could steer me in the right direction, (the engine is the 3.0)...

1. Poor starting or no starting, mainly with damp conditions or when it is/has rained.

2. I did try replacing the fuel cap, with no luck

3. The SES light would come and go by itself (same code). The Zone turned it off a few times, with the idea the fuel cap was the problem.

The light now remains on, with the starting issue getting worse.

Hopefully someone can help, Thanks!!
    I had a problem with this and sometimes i would get pressure built up in my tank, when i opened it, it released the pressure. I haven't had it in a long time, and i think its because i don't use any of that 10% ethanol mix gas, i use straight gas, and haven't had any problems yet... BTW the purge soleniod, which would be the most likely item to go bad, is like $250 bucks lol, and i have no idea where its at, either did my stealership lol

AWD Converted Forward Facing 6466 E85 EVO 8 ECU Powered 2003 Galant

just got this code a couple of days ago disconnected the battery and it went away for about 50 miles then came back on. The tank is almost empty i suspect that to be the problem dont have money to fill it up until tomorrow. if that doesn't work what should i try
    ive already checked fuel lines they are A-OKEY
    2001 Galant 2.4 USDM
    Old ones
    2X BMW E34 Blaaackkkk
    Isuzu Trooper mountain spec

^ You don't get CEL's for being low on gas...

Quote Originally Posted by oakrdrs187 View Post
    ^ You don't get CEL's for being low on gas...
    true, it is the case of the evap system is faulty because of low gas and because ive bin runing on low gas for a while.
    that is my guess
    this workd on another cel light that had to do with the evap system
    2001 Galant 2.4 USDM
    Old ones
    2X BMW E34 Blaaackkkk
    Isuzu Trooper mountain spec

as the guys say, more likely you have a pin hole leak somewhere