The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: obx header system??????

Showing results 1 to 8 of 8

obx header system??????

has anyone bought the header system from obx all they have is 00-05 eclipse rs/gs systems will that fit my 2002 galant i know the engine part will bolt on but will it be long enough or short enough to fit????? and where i would find a high flow cat with flanges to bolt on....

the link for the header is

http://www.obxracingsports.com/products.php?pk=1772#

the cat back system is

http://www.meganracing.com/product_d...d=164&catid=13

headers are the same, the cat back will be too short and would have to be extended to fit

You would be fine with that setup. No extending required
    I have that exact setup for my exhaust as far as header and catback exhaust.
    You can buy a universal high flow cat and weld it on the 2nd piece of the header. I have a magnaflow high flow cat. You will also have to drill a hole for the 02 sensor on the cat-back exhaust.

Jhun35
    You'd be better off buying parts for the exhaust (muffler, resonator, high flow cat) and having a local shop weld it on for you. You'd save some cash.

my bad, didnt click the links, if the cat back was for an eclipse then it would have to be extended....sorry about that

I had crap luck with OBX. Bought a header for my '06 Altima 2.5 - installed no problem, but kept hearing an exhaust leak coming from the head. I pulled it back off and tried using the gasket that came with the header (rather than the OEM one I'd put on), still there. Took the stupid thing off again and actually looked at it, quickly finding the issue. Someone had ground too much metal off of the mounting flange after the tubes were welded in, creating a low spot. It was a perfect leak spot for exhaust.

So I finally got them to warranty it (had to pay shipping BOTH WAYS, which pissed me off), and ended up waiting a good 6 months to get a replacement in. Luckily I'd bought through a seller on a Nissan forum and the guy kept going to bat for me, not sure I'd have gotten a replacement otherwise. It was a total cluster...guy I bought from buys from another vendor, so we had to deal with them since OBX doesn't deal directly. OBX was useless through it all.

Everything should fit properly, theyre the same motors.

Quote Originally Posted by Jhun35 View Post
    You'd be better off buying parts for the exhaust (muffler, resonator, high flow cat) and having a local shop weld it on for you. You'd save some cash.
    How exactly would this be cheaper since he wants HEADERS too?

If your going to do it DO IT RIGHT the FIRST time. Save your money and get it done when you can afford it.

Quote Originally Posted by djouw View Post
    Everything should fit properly, theyre the same motors.
    Not entirely true. the eclipse and the G have different length frames and bumpers, using an eclipse run will set it shorter than the G's normal bumper, if yuou have a JDM rear then not so much. And some of the V6 headers need two holes drilled one size bigger

only mod i remember having to do on Megan v6 was drilling two of the holes that the bolts go trough 1 size bigger..... was done with a cordless drill and a bit right on the ground not hard at all.

If you want a system that works and fits just get a Megan run from headers to muffler,

I havent heard anyone complain about the system failing they once they got it on the car. Obx not so much so; seen good seen bad.........