The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: AUX/3.5mm solution

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 28 of 28
    just found this . . . so it gives a better understanding of what each pin does.

http://carstereohelp.net/wireharness_Mitsubishi3.htm

also

https://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?t=34367
    Last edited by echo12; 04-13-2012 at 07:45 PM

yea so i just burned something bc my radio stpped working.
    all i get is a comm error msg and my radio...not even the lights will come up.

when i plug the 14pin connector in the cd changer resets...but thats about it.
    i dont know if its the head unit or the amp . . . but something def sparked and i lost everything.

Right now I need evs help bc i have a 13 hr trip . . . and i def need a radio.

$200 later. Were back online.

The Head unit had a blown transistor,
    the ipod adapter had a blown resistor.

same day service costs $200 bc of course no one works on sunday's when you need them to.

however this guy that got me back where i started come up w some nice ideas.

He said hed tinker w it but hed def would have to manufacture something.

^did the ipod adapter cause it?

Here is a diagram of connection. To activate the AUX mode to: turn Off the stereo, to do this press the left handle. Then hold the disc # 1 or # 6. Thus it is necessary to press the on of the left handle. At that, the screen will display the AUX. The volume level is adjusted as usual, left handle.

Last edited by stayer; 07-25-2012 at 02:59 AM
    Turbo - it is a snail, but the bitch is very fast.

so where are with this? Has anyone confirmed that this will work for those that have the Infinity head unit (6 disc cd changer)?

Lets relive this... Lolz

The last pic posted above by stayer is what everyone's looking forward to wether you have the R-F stereo or the infinity type. Regardless, i never went that way simply cuz i just didn't care for music without getting power.
    Also bc i blew up my radio prior to my road trip.

5yrs later? I just bought a 09' Ralliart with the MMCS. And now I'm looking into getting the ipod adapter which will plug in anything 4s and previous, and adding a iPod (female) bluetooth transmitter.

I just got back to tgc again so i still have to look up if someone has done this already.

But I will say this, personally, i still like the infinity better than the R-F.

Bump~?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12