The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Kylecanthurdle's 8g build

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
Showing results 141 to 148 of 148
    so i havent died or junked the car yet. figured id update everyone with how my life is going and what my plans for the future are.

i started racing karts competitively. its pretty much like a shifter kart with a cage that only makes left turns. goes about 70 on the straight aways and can do 1 lap on a quarter mile track in 13 seconds. as of right now its sitting in my girlfriends parents shed until i can get it to my shop! (that is another little story.)

i moved to Middletown CT. the gf couldnt find a teaching job on long island and it is so much cheaper to find houses up here in CT. still working at a KIA dealership, finally got master certified.

still working on the modifieds. this year we are running the whelen modified tour, we run at tracks like thompson CT, stafford CT, monadnock NH, bristol TN, louden NH, riverhead NY and waterford CT. these races are much bigger so were having to change tires and that means i get to play nascar pitstop every race and try my fastest tire change. so far we've gotten our 3 tire pitstop down to 14 seconds. these cars take longer to change tires because its a wide 5 hub versus the regular hub pattern that the sprint cup guys use.

anyway, these biggest news ive got is i am renting a shop. for now im splitting half of a 1600 sq ft with my gfs brother. he runs a powder coating/cerakoting company out of the shop next door and he needs the extra space for whatever. heres a quick picture after we cleared out an office in the middle of it.

as of right now, im plannin on getting a lift, get the galant there nect weekend, bring all my extra parts and tools and use it to do side jobs and work on the g as much as possible. i also bought an extry level tig welder so im gonna practice on my galant by building a cage and an exhaust manifold and hopefully get my technique down to where i can do customers.

anyway, im going to be updating this thread more and more since ill actually be able to work on my galant.

What name does your gf's brother operate under??
    '00 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64T (Samantha)
    '01 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (Daily)
    '02 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (SCRAPPED)
    '00 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (SCRAPPED)
    '91 Volvo 740 Turbo B230FT (SOLD)
    '88 Mitsubishi Mighty Max (SOLD)
    '91 Kawasaki ZX7 (SOLD)
    '95 Kawasaki ZX9R

Quote Originally Posted by spdracr View Post
    What name does your gf's brother operate under??
    Shoreline Powder coating out of North Branford, CT.

http://shorelinepowdercoating.com/home/

if you look in his color choices hes got his own work when you hover over the image. if you look at the candy colors hes got my motorcycle frame in candy purple and my calipers in candy teal. he did both

Quote Originally Posted by kylecanthurdle View Post
    http://shorelinepowdercoating.com/home/

if you look in his color choices hes got his own work when you hover over the image. if you look at the candy colors hes got my motorcycle frame in candy purple and my calipers in candy teal. he did both
    I remember when he did your calipers a couple of years back.
    '00 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64T (Samantha)
    '01 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (Daily)
    '02 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (SCRAPPED)
    '00 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (SCRAPPED)
    '91 Volvo 740 Turbo B230FT (SOLD)
    '88 Mitsubishi Mighty Max (SOLD)
    '91 Kawasaki ZX7 (SOLD)
    '95 Kawasaki ZX9R

Nice shop space, gl!

Quote Originally Posted by xd_01 View Post
    Nice shop space, gl!
    thanks man! my buddy over here races auto-x with his mustang and every time i talk to him about getting my car ready i always think of you and your car. he runs a lot up in mass but hes thinking about doing nationals this october or november out in wisconsin. ill probably do some smaller shows around here, you ever out in ct or mass?

Ive been wanting to go to Lime Rock but they have strict noise restrictions and Im not sure if my car will tip the DB meter on the front straight with my open dump.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678