Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Showing results 21 to 40 of 148
    HAHAHAHA oh this thread is winning
    The "Tumbler" Is Here
    Stock Longblock/Stock PCM | Custom Garrett 50-1 | 17 Psi | Weighing 2xxxLbs
    3xxWHP/3xxWTQ [Current]

Fresh G, classy and sporty

Merry christmas to meee

Anybody know how to tell if the transfer case has a LSD without tearing it apart?

Re: Kylecanthurdle's 8g build

U r doing a full evo engine and awd swap?? What did that cost u??
    '00 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64T (Samantha)
    '01 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (Daily)
    '02 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (SCRAPPED)
    '00 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (SCRAPPED)
    '91 Volvo 740 Turbo B230FT (SOLD)
    '88 Mitsubishi Mighty Max (SOLD)
    '91 Kawasaki ZX7 (SOLD)
    '95 Kawasaki ZX9R

Quote Originally Posted by kylecanthurdle View Post
    Anybody know how to tell if the transfer case has a LSD without tearing it apart?
    Is the drop out from an rs or gsr? Best bet is search on evom.net

AWD Converted Forward Facing 6466 E85 EVO 8 ECU Powered 2003 Galant

No just the 4g63 engine with (maybe) the welded diff tube evo tranny for now. When I finish building the 4g64/63 and I get my 6262 then ill run the tranfer case. While I sportin the 63 around ill do the rear subframe swap and it wont be horrible to just swing the awd stuff with the 64/63. I spoke to brian, gonna pull the t-case and look through it to see if its got the lsd. If it doesnt I may just throw my eclipse trans on it and make a custom manifold to clear the starter.

And im not sure what this is out of. Its a JDM engine from an import store online. It did come with the 10.5 hotside 16g if that means anything towards the tcase

evo 7?

evo 5. just looked it up and that was written in the description of the video of the compression tests.

That's a pretty kick-ass price for an Evo engine... Good luck with your build! I'm subscribed to see a gorgeous car come back from the dead.

Does this look like its got a lsd? Its straight through which I think is non lsd. This is the tcase if anybody cant decipher which diff since there is 3 on these cars lol.

Im pretty sure that tcase wont work.......

What do you mean? If its not lsd then ill have to put one in in order to run fwd with the transmission welded diff tube. At least im pretty sure of that lol

http://forums.evolutionm.net/evo-eng...o-7-8-9-a.html
    I think that you can bolt up the evo 8 t case to the evo 5 tranny though, not for certain, if the bolt pattern is the same then yes, but then you have to make sure that the spline count on the evo 8 tcase matches the evo 5 tranny output splines(which the thread I posted says they do).
    Evo 8

Yours
    Quote Originally Posted by kylecanthurdle View Post
    The only way your going to know if it works is do the fab work. I had to drop my steering rack to fit my tail section OVER it. Your tcase tail section goes UNDER the steering rack so it might work, but if you have to raise the rack, then the evo 5 tcase won't work. as far as it being an lsd or not I have no idea lol
    Last edited by Galantman03; 01-14-2013 at 05:11 PM

as of right now im only running FWD....here are my current options.

LSD in tcase:
    put welded diff in the evo trans ($300 ish)
    take out the output shaft of the tcase and make blockoff plate ($minimal)
    get evo axles/spindles/rotors/brembos ($1200ish)

.......OR.......

If tcase does NOT have LSD:
    buy eclipse trans ($600 ish)
    buy cheap exhaust manifold ($200)
    chop up and extend manifold ($200ish?)
    fabricate new turbo oil feed/return line

i def dont wanna put an lsd in the tcase AND buy axles, spindles and whatever else id need. since i will be taking the output shaft and tail off anyway id be okay to run the evo 5 case with the galant subframe. once i go awd ill get an evo 8 tcase anyway so im not worried about that just yet. so i really just need to know if this thing has the LSD haha.
    Last edited by kylecanthurdle; 01-14-2013 at 07:52 PM

Just a little update. Been picking at the accessories and manifolds on my break throughout the past few days and im basically ready to attach the eclipse trans and swing it in the car. Got me a nice pile of stuff to install when I do too lol

Wasnt expecting that.....jackpot!

lucky sob lol can't tell single plate?

Single it is. Lightweight flywheel I think too. Ive got an evo flywheel at home and I just feel its way heavier. Wont know until I feel em both out at the same time.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast