The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Kylecanthurdle's 8g build

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Showing results 41 to 60 of 148
    you planning on going to a 16G or are you going to run the 15g with the 10.5?
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

Quote Originally Posted by 4g63lover View Post
    you planning on going to a 16G or are you going to run the 15g with the 10.5?
    im not too sure yet. ive been looking for the mitsu turbo chart that seperates them and will see what numbers im looking at. maybe ill just throw the 16g compressor side on the 10.5 hotside and run that unil i get my 6262.

just did a little researching, it turns out the turbo comes out of an EVO 6.5 which is the TME (tommi makinen edition) evo GSR. i guess ive gotta do some more research o see if the engine/drivetrain are out of the same car. im def crossing my fingers on this. if thats the case i hit a goldmine with this engine....

Oh my gosh if it is........ O_O YAHTZEE!
    The "Tumbler" Is Here
    Stock Longblock/Stock PCM | Custom Garrett 50-1 | 17 Psi | Weighing 2xxxLbs
    3xxWHP/3xxWTQ [Current]

So the tcase is not an lsd tcase. Kinda figured it after I saw that the turbo was from a gsr. I shoved one of those axle lookin shafts I took out of the trans/tcase and spun one and the other spun in the oppositr direction. Anybody know where I can get an eclipse 5 speed for cheap? Also, deos the evo tranny out of an evo 8 have the same internals as an evo 5 or 6?

I looked on the internet, couldn't find any info out there on the same internals. Best bet is call a evo tranny place like Jack Trans, TRE, Buscher ect. Most of these questions can be found on evom

AWD Converted Forward Facing 6466 E85 EVO 8 ECU Powered 2003 Galant

ill give you guys some pictures, cuz you guys love pictures.....haha sorry, reminded me of a meme i saw today.

anyway, small updates add up to big things. so deal with my little progress checks people!

found out the engine and drivetrain are out of an evo 6. the turbo is def off of an evo 6.5 TME.

the subframe is back together and ready to be put back on the car.(traded a virgin subframe for this one with stewim he had already taken the time out to notch it out for the evo trans, too bad im not running an evo tranny until i go awd which makes the notches useless right now haha)

bought me a little present the other day. figured i can use this for the rad supports, exhaust and bracket work and whatever my heart desires in the future

as of right now ive got almost everything but the tranny on a pallet ready to be forklifed into my truck and brought home. once i get the tranny, it gets mated to the engine and ill swing it once i can get my cousins engine crane. i already ordered an evo 8 engine harness, an evo 8 upper intercooler piping with a tial bov flange, an eclipse transmission, a buschur 3" downpipe and some AN fittings for the turbo oil drain tube. should all be here by the end of the week. still gotta order some rad hoses, the exhaust manifold which i then have to send out to get extended, then all the small odds and ends. then itll be time to turn the key! still debating on whether i should buy a set of hsk 272s for shits and giggles. im def gonna like the lope, not sure if ill get valve float though. oh and im picking up a set of sandblasted brembos. booyah. my gfs bro owns his own powedercoating business so im getting a deal on that too. gonna go silver and when i get my rims ill make those teal. kinda wanna stand out a tad with this one.

Very nice very nice. You wont get valve float unless you are revving to 8k+. You hit the freaking jackpot on that auction
    The "Tumbler" Is Here
    Stock Longblock/Stock PCM | Custom Garrett 50-1 | 17 Psi | Weighing 2xxxLbs
    3xxWHP/3xxWTQ [Current]

If I run stock rev limit on this engine (not sure exactly what that is) and run my gsc s2s (274/274) I wont get valve float either? Figured I have them laying around, why not throw them in.
    Anyway, the last of the parts I ordered came in today. Picked up my downpipe and acustom upper intercooler pipe yesterday, new pass side engine mount since the galant and evo bolts are different, my evo 8 harness and my lines came in. Unfortunately im an ass and ordered flange to AN adapters for a td06h instead of a td05h. Dont drink and order parts for your cars kids haha. Ill get pics when i get home. Next week ill order up the exhaust mani and rad hoses. Once I mate the engine and trans together im gonna swing it which will probably be next week.

more goodies!

didnt get a pic of the trans but youve seen that in keiths for sale thread. ill take one once its on the engine.

DAMN THESE BIG BUILDS I AM JELLY!!!! a

Since the stooper bowl has no power I might as well post something lol

Heres the trans in the parts washer, all clean :)

Not so much my G but last night I was heading out to the airport to get my brother. I was in the right lane and some idiot in the lane to the left of me decided he wanted to take the exit at the last second and cut me off. Gavr him a nice shot, lucky I hit him doing 20ish and not 60 like I was before that. After the police came he tried saying he was in the right lane and he just slowed down to make the exit and I just rearended him. Obviously if I did id have damage on the complete front of my car and the rear of his, not so much on his right side. The cop was even saying "someones not telling the truth here" while looking and talking to the asshole. Ive got the red civic, hes got the gold toyota. Everybody was ok in the accident though, my gf wasnt even paying attention and I stayed relaxed throughout the collision so im not too sore.

Sucks on the accident.

Have you found out if the Evo 6 Tcase bolts to the Evo 8 transmission?

Quote Originally Posted by Silvertune View Post
    Sucks on the accident.

Have you found out if the Evo 6 Tcase bolts to the Evo 8 transmission?
    I would imagine it does. People use evo 6 trannys in the 8 as a replacement. It just wont clear 8 subframe due to the over/under design

So the 6 T case bolts up to the 8 trans but outputs underneath the subframe, your picture on page one is with the Tcase laying in it's upright position correct? The Tcases are otherwise interchangeable. I ask this because the V6 subframe and PS rack location make it damn hard to do AWD with the 8 Tcase but the 6 Tcase drops in without issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Silvertune View Post
    So the 6 T case bolts up to the 8 trans but outputs underneath the subframe, your picture on page one is with the Tcase laying in it's upright position correct? The Tcases are otherwise interchangeable. I ask this because the V6 subframe and PS rack location make it damn hard to do AWD with the 8 Tcase but the 6 Tcase drops in without issue.
    I really dont think the 8 tranny will bolt up to the 6g72 but I could be wrong. But to answer your question yes, the tcase from thw 6 goes below the subframe unlike the 8 tcase which goes above. If you wanted to make the 4g64 galant awd you still do have to do some extensive work to the subframe anyway to drop the rack and notch out and reinforce the subframe anyway

Going to be interesting to see how you settle the subframe with this

Yeah the bellhousing is the last detail I need to source out. Anyway, thanks! /threadjack

Quote Originally Posted by mrg7243 View Post
    Going to be interesting to see how you settle the subframe with this
    are you talking about me? im not using the evo 8 or 6 trans, that tranny that is in the parts washer is the eclipse trans from keith.

I will be interested to see if/how long the Eclipse 4 cylinder trans lasts you at your power numbers.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast