The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Kylecanthurdle's 8g build

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Showing results 81 to 100 of 148
    more goodies!

some component speakers, an amp for the highs and an amp for the ten inch DC level 3 ill be picking up within the week. lower control arms with ball joints and bushings already installed, upper and lower rad hoses, moog heavy duty sway bar endlinks, front and rear caliper hardware kit, front brembo seal kit, an fittings, an flanges, ecu harness pigtails. i already posed up the tial bov flange uicp and my seats, they just so happened to be in the pic too. bought me a few other things for work too hence why ive been on the DL for a little.

finally had a decent enough day to swing the engine and trans. still need to sleeve the engine mounts, get studs for the trans mount, remove the galant engine harness, reinstall my dashboard without the evap core, figure out the rest of he wiring issues, and thats just to start......heres what else ive been up to.....

heres the race car about a week ago.....

here she is a day ago. season starts in 22 days. not sure if we are gonna make it -__-

my new tool cart....

heres what i got to work on at my job the other day.......this car is hella fastttt. took her around the block, let me tell you tha rx8 has NOTHINGGGGG on the rx7....

I really want a fd or fc. But that is the inner "throwaparkbenchonitandslide" person that lingers around. The other side says be more sensible.

..............are you hiring?
    Shout out to anyone that still uses hand tools for their work
    With elbow grease for power and determination for a battery

Maybe your broke maybe your old school

Me I'm a lil of both

i see you got the pigtails ok, good :D nice list of parts you got there
    OZ Rally Crew #001, Quaife Club member :D

Quote Originally Posted by mrg7243 View Post
    I really want a fd or fc. But that is the inner "throwaparkbenchonitandslide" person that lingers around. The other side says be more sensible.
    haha yea i had to wash down the engine bay since the coolant system got an air pocket and spit out the funnel alllll over, shortly after that i was sideways out of the parking lot since the tires were a little wet.

Quote Originally Posted by master_visionary View Post
    ..............are you hiring?
    haha i wish, all my friends have been begging me to work at my place but we just arent hiring. unfortunately we only see an FD once every 4-6 months though. the one i was working on was completely stock with 27k miles. it sits outside the guys house though so its wrecked. such an unfortunate situation.

Quote Originally Posted by greddy View Post
    i see you got the pigtails ok, good :D nice list of parts you got there
    i did i did, thanks again!

What components are those, they look high end. A Hifonics amp is in my future as well, I love to see powerful sound system builds to go with the powerful motor builds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk fam!

-Greg

"I smashed up the grey one, bought me a red;
    Every time we hit the parking lot we turn heads!"
    -Pimp C, "International Players Anthem"

This thing is gonna be awesome.

Still working towards that T case. Finally back on my feet... hope to pick that up from you soon.

Quote Originally Posted by wetamup2k3g View Post
    What components are those, they look high end. A Hifonics amp is in my future as well, I love to see powerful sound system builds to go with the powerful motor builds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk fam!
    they are pioneer "ts-a1604c".....in all honesty when i ordered them i thought they were components too but when i opened them up i was like "where the heck are the crossovers!?!"....then i looked into it and they were in fact listed in the components section but they are just a "2 way with a separate tweeter". no wonder why they were so cheap! they can handle 350w though so with that hifonics 600x4 i think ill be ok to drive those fronts and the 6x9s in the rear. i think im gonna throw this setup in the daily for the time being until everything is buttoned up because i dont wanna just add confusion with power wires and whatnot in the dash. im keeping it as simple as possible. (that includes taking the immobilizer/ignition key out and putting in a push button start with a main switch hidden somewhere. ive always wanted to be a baller like that haha). i know ill prob end up enjoying the system in the daily so ill just end up getting another one of these setups down the road.

Quote Originally Posted by Silvertune View Post
    This thing is gonna be awesome.

Still working towards that T case. Finally back on my feet... hope to pick that up from you soon.
    glad youre doing better dude! no worries though, this things not going anywhere. whenever youre ready!

Looks some nice additions for the build. Gotta replace a bloen speaker myself. I have some pioneers from my last car that have only like 6 months of usage. So that's the plan eventually

Quote Originally Posted by 8thLS6 View Post
    Looks some nice additions for the build. Gotta replace a bloen speaker myself. I have some pioneers from my last car that have only like 6 months of usage. So that's the plan eventually
    Make sure they're the same size as the galant speakers though. Its been a while but I'm pretty sire they're some weird size.

i love this thread

Quote Originally Posted by specter6633 View Post
    i love this thread
    Ditto! I love watching the progress :)
    The "Tumbler" Is Here
    Stock Longblock/Stock PCM | Custom Garrett 50-1 | 17 Psi | Weighing 2xxxLbs
    3xxWHP/3xxWTQ [Current]

Quote Originally Posted by kylecanthurdle View Post
    Make sure they're the same size as the galant speakers though. Its been a while but I'm pretty sire they're some weird size.
    They're 6.5-6-3/4 opening. I should be okay on the doors, but I think I've read the rear is 6x9. I know they make adapters, and I may give em a try, cause the speakers are to nice too just sell, when I have a whole set. Not to mention god forbid anything happens to the galant, most of the cars I was eyeing before it used 6.5 all around and I would probably go with one of them (cars). Especially hondas. Not to mention I think the speakers are discontinued.
    http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...-TS-D602P.html

Nomnomnomnom

good choice
    OZ Rally Crew #001, Quaife Club member :D

Nice color, different from what you usually see.

-Greg

"I smashed up the grey one, bought me a red;
    Every time we hit the parking lot we turn heads!"
    -Pimp C, "International Players Anthem"

Mmmm Dat project mu teal
    The "Tumbler" Is Here
    Stock Longblock/Stock PCM | Custom Garrett 50-1 | 17 Psi | Weighing 2xxxLbs
    3xxWHP/3xxWTQ [Current]

Quote Originally Posted by Ivory8g View Post
    Mmmm Dat project mu teal
    Close. Its just candy teal powdercoat with a chrome basecoat. Had my girlfriends brother do em up quick. I really like silver and teal so that'll be my accent color. The tough part is gonna be finding lug nuts to match. Project mu is a little lighter teal

one of a few things i ordered his weekend came in today......more to come!

^^^ Nice wheel! Quick release?

If you cant find any too match then powdercoat dem shiz too! :)

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast